• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/27 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Wild 5

Rate this topic

3 goals on 6 shots is really bad, but all 3 shots were really not Ozzie's fault. All 3 were great scoring chances. The two goals by Miettenen were not stoppable and the third was through a crowd taht went in just below the crossbar and they had to review it to make sure. Can't fault Ozzie.

But if anything, Ozzie has nothing but bad luck. We may see howard in the 2nd.

Guest Lidstromboli
If they aren't horrible goals then the goaltender shouldn't be at fault for them.

First was wide open net after a perfect pass (Osgood had to block the net from the shooter and commit to him)

Second was right over the shoulder after a behind the net pass.

Third was a tip.

I'd like to know where the defense is in all of this. How many games are they just going to forget what to do in waves like this?

it's only the defense's fault when Howard is in net

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Wow... I turn on the game with around 8 left in the period and it's one-one. Girl i'm trying to bang on my floor comes and knocks on my door so I go to leave and have a quick cigarette with her and I comeb ack and its 3-2. Wtf

I fully admit the team is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, but wtf Osgood.

First goal he was way out of position.

Second goal he was down way too early.

...I don't even know what to say at this point, lol.

What do you mean down too early?

The entire point is to be DOWN on the shot.

I have no problem seeing Howard in net BTW because he is just bigger and these strange bounces will probably just hit him more often than not.

Edited by alyssa

hahaha, Keating, what a ****** "You have them right where you want them; not up by two goals." that is great

haha He said just what every wings fan has been thinking. I'm glad he had the gusto to say that to Lidstroms face.

Wow... I turn on the game with around 8 left in the period and it's one-one. Girl i'm trying to bang on my floor comes and knocks on my door so I go to leave and have a quick cigarette with her and I comeb ack and its 3-2. Wtf

Love the honesty. . . good luck with the girl

None of those goals were really Ozzie's fault, per se...but I am disappointed that he let in that many goals.

The defence has looked terrible in our own zone, which is the main reason for Ozzie giving those goals up, but its still disappointing performance by him...not sure how much better Howie would actually be doing though.

This year is not a fun one...

I fully admit the team is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, but wtf Osgood.

First goal he was way out of position.

Second goal he was down way too early.

...I don't even know what to say at this point, lol.

I'm sorry but no goalie is stopping the 2nd goal. It was a perfect shot, another millimeter up and it hits the bar and doesn't go in. Nobody is stopping it. The first goal the rebound or pass (whatever it was) went to the player who was left wide open by Helm and Stuart.

It's only the goalies fault when he is carrying around a .500 SV%.

Let me guess, you only look at the stats to judge how well a goaltender is playing?

And based on one period you believe that makes sense?

Forgive me for laughing.

yOU CAN SAY oZZY DIDNT HAVE MUCH OF A CHANCE ON 2 OF THE 3 GOALS BUT THE FACT IS oZZY IS TOO SMALL TO BE A (Caps off sorry) an effective goalie and make the tough saves--like over the shoulder, up high saves that need to be made + Ozzy has a terrible 5 hole so he doesnt really cover one end or the other that well!

They sure weren't horrible goals individually. But in the end 3 goals on 6 shots isn't getting the job done, I'm sorry. We all know Osgood can play better, it's time he actually does.

I still don't think this is relevant until he's gotten the chance to play a couple games in a row. I don't care if it's Osgood or Brodeur, it takes awhile to get going after not playing much at all and when you've got a defensive group giving up breaks like we've been lately, it can be a real ugly situation for a rusty goalie. Howard let in 3 goals in 5 minutes last night. Again, not blaming him, and not saying our goalies shouldn't help us out, but ragging on a rusty Osgood or a burnt out Howard when the guys in front of them aren't helping much doesn't make a ton of sense.

And after watching those goals, I'm definitely not going to get pissed at Osgood. Make no mistake, he could do better, but they weren't s*** goals by any means either rusty or not.

pull osgood before miettinen gets the hatty

OR, we could knock the bastards screening Ozzie to hell and back? TWO of their guys there. One of ours doing not much more than watching the shooter. Makes the odds interesting, eh?

Edited by Vladifan

If they aren't horrible goals then the goaltender shouldn't be at fault for them.

First was wide open net after a perfect pass (Osgood had to block the net from the shooter and commit to him)

Second was right over the shoulder after a behind the net pass.

Third was a tip.

I'd like to know where the defense is in all of this. How many games are they just going to forget what to do in waves like this?

None of the goals were terrible but come on, you need a save on atleast one of them. I'm willing to bet Howard would have stopped the 2nd goal atleast, simply because he's bigger and covers more of the net.

What do you mean down too early?

The entire point is to be DOWN on the shot.

I have no problem seeing Howard in net BTW because he is just bigger and these strange bounces will probably just hit him more often than not.

Yes, down on the shot... not down when the puck is behind the net.

Let me guess, you only look at the stats to judge how well a goaltender is playing?

And based on one period you believe that makes sense?

Forgive me for laughing.

I'm the type that bases my opinion on what I see from stats and watching games. I look how Osgood played in the playoffs last year and look at him this year there is a clear difference.

I'd expect Osgood to make timely saves, that's how he has made his career.

yOU CAN SAY oZZY DIDNT HAVE MUCH OF A CHANCE ON 2 OF THE 3 GOALS BUT THE FACT IS oZZY IS TOO SMALL TO BE A (Caps off sorry) an effective goalie and make the tough saves--like over the shoulder, up high saves that need to be made + Ozzy has a terrible 5 hole so he doesnt really cover one end or the other that well!

Then can you explain to me how he's been able to be the best playoff goalie the last couple years?