• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/27 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Wild 5

Rate this topic

Every team gets into a slump. The Wings are just in a slump at a bad time. They will pull through, and at the very least hit an eighth seed in the playoffs.

um....what? this team hasnt put together a string of wins more than 2 games since the first week of december (and thats including OT wins). they are in a season long slump.

Well considering this is the first time I've posted regarding your "doom and gloom" I wouldn't say I was ever under your posts to begin with.

In fact, your current cycle of posts reminds me of this:

Over and over and overrrr.

If you think my posts are so pointless, then your posts responding to them are even more pointless.

Don't you think?

Edited by GMRwings1983

I love how these threads turn into such hatred. Especially when the Wings lose. So much fun to read. Thanks for all the entertainment.

Me and Doc don't hate each other. He just does these weird things from time to time where he'll start aimless arguments with other posters.

All I've done in this GDT is post my thoughts on this game. They weren't all repetitive. Just many criticisims because this team has many problems right now.

Told ya guys Howard at least gives us an opportunity almost every game and Ozzie might be able to regian his old ways but because of our lackluster team this year we dont have the time to let Ozzie find his game again or we prob wont make the playoffs.

I'm not saying Osgood played well by any means, but you can't sit here and blame him.

I know that's the knee-jerk reaction for a lot of people, but here's reality: in the last two games we've given up 5 goals with Howard and Osgood. Osgood had to face a lot more chances, rushes, etc. in this game than Howard as well. The team fell apart in front of Howard for the last 5 minutes last night and for the entire game tonight with Osgood.

I don't think either of our goalies are winning the games for us lately, but all these goals being scored have been good goals and/or defensive breakdowns. Even that 4th goal which I thought was the worst for Osgood should never have happened as we got caught up in a lazy change and we utterly failed to cover guys. Again, not saying Osgood was sterling, but neither of these guys, nor any other goalie, is going to bail us out of these defensive disasters.

I'm not directly blaming Osgood, but the fact of the matter is that with this team and how they play in front of either goalie, Howard really is the only chance - and I admit not a good one. Osgood is just not as quick and positionally sound as he used to be and he is small, small small in net. Ever notice how many "unlucky" goals he gives up? This is because he is too deep and isn't big enough or quick enough anymore to cover the net to have the unlucky shots bounce of him.

Show of hands please. Who is still optimistic about this season?

Count me in. I'm not concerned about making the playoffs either way, but I'm concerned about chemistry down the stretch. I felt that when we were healthy early on we struggled to find chemistry and oftentimes we seemed unbalanced. That feeling went away for awhile though even with injuries and we were winning games. I really liked what the team had going for awhile. I feared then how guys returning from injury would fit in or affect it and at this point, I'm definitely more concerned. I think as healthy team, we will certainly make the playoffs, but I don't know if we'll have the right pieces to really make a run. I think a deadline deal or even two might be required. I'm not talking blockbuster deals at all. Most people would likely think of them as lateral moves at first, but down the stretch I think you'd see why the deals were made. We've got a lot of quality guys, but we don't have all the right holes being filled if you ask me, that is with a healthy squad. They could get it together, but I'm not so sure if they will at this moment.

Me and Doc don't hate each other. He just does these weird things from time to time where he'll start aimless arguments with other posters.

All I've done in this GDT is post my thoughts on this game. They weren't all repetitive. Just many criticisims because this team has many problems right now.

You definitely tend to veer towards the pessimistic side, but I've got to give you credit for never really annoying me with it. Some guys you just want to slap they're so fickle. Some people you can just tell are more pessimistic and worry-oriented and I think you fall in there. It's not the end of the world and you're never one to shy away from at least discussing the matter reasonably. I try to see the bright side and enjoy the discussion. It works out. No worries.

Sarcasm aside, It really doesn't seem like you do. You said I was blaming a loss on datsyuk when I made that datsyuk thread, and you're doing it now. But don't worry, (almost) everyone does it.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Nothing to argue about. You're right, it wasn't very good this game. But it was last night. :)

It was not very good last night. Watch the game again. They had a couple decent rushes in the 3rd but botched up opportunity after opportunity before that. I think that line lead the team in giveaways collectively.

I'm pulling for more Osgood starts so that we can get a higher draft pick. Plus its entertaining to read the vitriol when they lose.

Hear, hear. I'm not going to rant and rave, I'll leave that to the professionals. Although what I will do is sit back and laugh at some of said ranting and raving. It's better than crying and getting angry about it.

This is really starting to feel like the end of a great era, it is sad and I hope I am wrong, but we have 1 legend left in Nick and I doubt he will stay if this becomes the norm.

For the 1st time it seems like the young guys do not feel the special status that has been part of being a wing...

I think it is time for Holland to stop with the we are all set talk and start with the we obviously need to make some moves talk even if he does not mean it, make some of these guys at least play hard so they have more trade value. I thought all those talking about trading x,y to try and get Kovie were nuts, I am starting to re-think that because this team seems to need a major shake up...

Dats has not been the same since last years injury and Z although still playing good on D seems to have been figured out by opossing teams.

Lids is still good, but not what he once was by far on the O end of things.

Man this team Misses Homer, we need his get to the net, stay at the net really bad right now and we need someone else to learn this asap.

I am afraid not even the Mule can save this team now...

Bettman won his little game, now all teams are equally s***ty save those in cap trouble, so just wait a year or so, they will be s***ty very soon...

That's the gloom and doom in me.

The Optomist in me thinks...

We still have Dats, Z, Lids, Homer, Drapes, Mule, Flip, Cleary, Helm and now Bert... surely this is a cup contending team, be patient...

problem is each game is like close your eyes this is not for the weak....

time will tell, I hope the optomist wins...

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
Hear, hear. I'm not going to rant and rave, I'll leave that to the professionals. Although what I will do is sit back and laugh at some of said ranting and raving. It's better than crying and getting angry about it.

same here

it seems that after a red wings loss this forum always makes me feel better...i mean i am disappointed after a loss but coming on here afterwards just seems to be the perfect medicine for me to feel better...i mean its one thing to enjoy a game..but to lose..OMG...

these last two games seem to have dosed a certain number of LGWers on a rampage of frustration where they make certain comments to the point where i find myself laughing hysterically...and suddenly i just feel a whole lot better!

like tonight..i was devostated..( anyone can freely edit this since i know this isnt the correct spelling ) we lost to christmas trees...i was at the point where i was about to turn off the game...but i didnt...i always watch a game through and through no matter what the score is.. so after reading through last nights GDT i was at a point where i was on the ground laughing at certain LGWers comments...i decided to do that again tonight..and boy oh boy was i feeling so much better! i mean...really..! some of you crack me up!

ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP IT UP!

:)

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

nine more and this thread reaches 800!!

WE CAN DOOO IT! XD

I'm not super optimistic about our Western Conference Final chances, but I hope we can still make the playoffs.

What seems odd to me is that this team isn't different from last, outside of a few players here and there and we can't seem to win... Concerns me greatly however I still think we can make it.

Guest mindfly

I knew it was a smart move to not watch this game live starting at 2AM... i turned it off after kronwall and havlat had a discussion and wild scored the 4th goal 30secs after that

this team is done - they are not making the playoffs. franzen is not the answer. nor is kovalchuk. and holland is too loyal or stubborn to shake things up.

even if they do make it, there's no way in hell they can win 4 games out of 7 against ANY team. only thing this team is consistent as is finding intriguing ways to lose.

Edited by ilmickeyli

Guest mindfly

This will probably go down as the worst season in 19-20 years,,,, way to go wings!

This will probably go down as the worst season in 19-20 years,,,, way to go wings!

Yeah...way to go Wings on actually potentially missing the playoffs for the first time in 18 years! Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

Even if the Wings do miss out on the postseason, you're acting like a spoiled brat, just like so many others are around here lately. Look, I'm not pleased about their play this season either, but its not too difficult to decipher why its taken place. Tons of injuries and most of our veterans are starting to show their age. When that happens, a season in the middle of the pack is bound to happen.

Not without its reasons though. The Red Wings were being praised by users like you about a two weeks ago when they were 7-3-1 as being resilient. Now that they are stumbling, users like you are off that kool aid and onto the hater-aid.

There are ups and downs to every hockey season. The Wings have more man games lost to injury this year than they had the last 3 years COMBINED. At least that is what they said on Versus on Tuesday. Thats a lot if you think about it. Yet, they are still hanging in there.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the fairweather fans in this forum are becoming more apparent as the Wings struggle. I am convinced that there are a lot of bandwagon fans ready to jump ship, especially on this forum. The last 16 years of having a competitive team has spoiled Wings fans. They expect it every year.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying its bad to criticize the team. I have no tolerance for the D leaving Ozzie and Howard out to dry. That being said, the comments like this one and more users chiming in with them shows to me that we don't have real Wings fans on this forum. If we did, we would see less of these comments and more critical thought out ones.

Just my .02 cents.

As for the game, the Wings have not played a complete game in the last couple weeks and need to correct those mental mistakes. As Mickey said last night, the problems are not work ethic problems, but mental ones. Those are the easiest to correct, but do take time. I really respect Mickey's analysis of the game and the players thats for sure. He may be a Wings fan, but at least he does call it like he sees it. I think a lot of fans here could take his constructive feedback about the Wings and learn something from it.

Guest mindfly
Yeah...way to go Wings on actually potentially missing the playoffs for the first time in 18 years! Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

Even if the Wings do miss out on the postseason, you're acting like a spoiled brat, just like so many others are around here lately. Look, I'm not pleased about their play this season either, but its not too difficult to decipher why its taken place. Tons of injuries and most of our veterans are starting to show their age. When that happens, a season in the middle of the pack is bound to happen.

Cut the crap about injuries, most of them are back and they still play exactly like crap.

not a huge fan of the injury arguement, I mean I have myself said it. But in reality you have to win despite being injuried also at this point most of the team is back. I still think we make the playoffs, but at the moment we are a 7-9 at best team. We show glimpses of being capable of keeping up with anyone but it quickly disappears. Something does have to be done at this point, I'm glad they sat Lebda not just because I think he is horrible but because it is a shake up. Now I hope they do something a little more serious maybe sit a star, or possibly make a trade. Or even slap every single player in the face idk do something.

Edited by ben_usmc