riples187h.png
91412_feature.jpg
DET Chris Osgood
7-7-4, 2.83 GAA, .896 SV %, 1 SO

85576893.jpg.32598.0_feature.jpg
MIN Josh Harding
3-7-0, 2.95 GAA, .898 SV %, 1 SO

riples187i.png
DET Tomas Holmstrom (broken foot) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out,
Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

MIN Clayton Stoner (lower body) out, Derek Boogaard (hamstring) questionable, Chuck Kobasew (knee) out,
Pierre-Marc Bouchard (concussion) out

Next Game
NSH.gif
1/29, Predators at Red Wings; 7:30 EST, Joe Louis Arena
Edited by Hockeytown0001

Alright, if we can't pull this one out....something drastic needs to change quick. I predict the wings get fired up somehow and own this game. Maybe draper will give them another pep talk and get em goin. Maybe kronwall will tell them he's sick of watching s*** play cost them games and now that he's back he wants to light a fire under their asses. I also predict that ozzy gets the start tonight and does well.

It's time for the captains to step up and be leaders, and I don't necessarily mean by playing better. I have to believe if Stevie was still at the helm, these third period issues would have corrected themselves behind closed doors, especially after last nights debacle. That's the difference between good leaders and great ones.

It's also time for the multi-million dollar players to start actually earning their paychecks...

Right now, Dailyfaceoff.com is reporting Jimmy as the starter. Babcock never said who was starting last night, so it's probably a toss up. I'd like to see Ozzie in tonight, however.

I may have to start questioning Babcock's decision making if he goes with Howard tonight after last night.

That said, Please win a game in regulation!

Guest mindfly

Wings play a good roadgame and take a 3-1 lead just to have a meltdown and lose 4-3 in OT

Wings play a good roadgame and take a 3-1 lead just to have a meltdown and lose 4-3 in OT

for a minute I thought you were saying something positive(!) only to realize that positivity is something impossible for a pessimist to achieve.

Being an optimist, I am calling a 3-0 win tonight with Ozzy getting the shutout (hopefully he will start).

Goals: Draper, Bertuzzi, Lidstrom

We need this win BBBAAADDDDD!!!!!

LETS GO WINGS!

Well.. Its good to see everyone in high spirits around here.. I'm not gonna lie.. I was a bit confused at work last night.. I had the scoreboard window open from NHL.com and every couple minutes i'd bring it up to check on the score.. i see its 2-2.. thats okay.. then 3-2 and 4-2.. i figure theres no way they can lose.. then i see its 4-3 with like 30 seconds left.. i still figure gaurenteed win.. i check it a few minutes later.. 5-4 loss in OT.. This means we will require like a 4 goal lead in the 3rd Period to make sure no end of game meltdown can cost us the win..

My Prediction:

Wings 5 - Kronwall, Bertuzzi x2, Zetterberg, Helm

Wild 3 - Koivu, Earl, Havlat

Let's Go Wings!

for a minute I thought you were saying something positive(!) only to realize that positivity is something impossible for a pessimist to achieve.

Being an optimist, I am calling a 3-0 win tonight with Ozzy getting the shutout (hopefully he will start).

Goals: Draper, Bertuzzi, Lidstrom

We need this win BBBAAADDDDD!!!!!

LETS GO WINGS!

Well, do bad you already said the word. Therefore it's jinxed. Anyway, I hope that we can get a 4-goal lead with about 5 seconds left to go in the game. That should do it maybe. But it would still be a nail biter.

Boogaard is officially scratched for tonight with the hamstring. So either Shepherd will be on the 4th line or they'll bring John Scott up from D to play up at forward.

Backstrom is the official starter, especially as Harding does have a hip injury that was originally going to sideline him 1-2 weeks, but he has declared himself ok to back up Backstrom.

Guest mindfly
Wings: 5

Wild:1

Kronwall destroys Havlat; Howard 33 saves; Goals by Eaves, Helm,2x Datsyuk, & Kronwall

Dude this isn't the 07/08 season... oh well keep on dreaming if it makes you sleep better at night :)

Scratch that on Backstrom being the official starter. There's now talk of Harding starting since both goalies are dealing with minor injuries. I guess the goaltending for the Wild will be determined later on. All this is on the Wild page on the Lighthouse blog for the practice report.