• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

XxGoWingsxX

Anyone tired of the officiating?

Rate this topic

Ok so, a while back I wrote a long letter to the NHL Officials Association about how they are tarnishing the game with their inconsistent penalty calling, horrible goal reviews/intent to whistle, and lack of overall integrity. I went into full detail and spent alot of time on what I wrote them. I recently received a reply which, for lack of better explanation basically told me that no such things ever happen and that they would like to see conclusive video evidence. So, I want to make a montage of blown calls on penalties, goals etc. Anything that shows how bad the officiating is (hell there should be tons of evidence just from tonights Wings/Wild game alone) and can be used to shove it back into their arrogant little faces. I don't expect it to make any difference by me making a video to show them but I would like to see their response to it.

What I would like, if all of you would be so kind is to maybe point me to videos of such blown calls that I can use for my montage. I don't just want red wings videos either because I don't want the video to come off as biased. The officiating consistency isn't just a red wings problem. It's a league wide problem. Like I said, I don't expect to see any results in any of this but I'm interested to see the response I'll get from them when I give them the evidence they requested. I would also like videos of missed calls too. Ideally, it'd be nice to have calls from the same game too.

For example, Say the Sharks get called for a hook vs the Flames, yet in the same game the Flames commit the same penalty to an equal if not worse degree yet it goes uncalled. These would be perfect. Any help would be appreciated here because the response I received form them was full of arrogant and very unprofessional remarks that pretty much (but not in so many words) told me if I didn't like the way the game was called, to just stop watching NHL hockey.

So, if you could all maybe just link me to some videos I can make my montage out of I will keep you all updated on what happens after I send it to them. This should be interesting. Thanks.

we could start with this one

was that the game they got in trouble for not sending all the camera views? or am i just crazy because i thought they got in trouble for that a while ago

I think this is a great idea, but you alone sending in a video won't probably do a lot. They'll more than likely just ignore you. We need a lot more support from all over to get this problem fixed.

Oh I agree that it'll get nothing done. I'm just doing this to see their reply/reaction.

the nhl is a joke. its just a giant corporation like Ford or GM or Delta. You can show them tons of ways and ways to save money all over the place, but all they say is pay cuts and layoffs. They say for everyone they get wrong, there are 900 they get right.... Don't get me wrong, I am with you, but it aint gonna change a thing. It's like trying to have your voice heard in Washington, talk all you want, no one is listening....

even if they admit mistakes, what good will it do? they should start overturing decision the next day and change the outcome of games.

vs ANA, "interference" call

vs DAL, May disallowed goal

(better quality, i think)

vs ANA, in playoffs (I don't think this is what you're looking for but though I'd put it)

Then the SHO vs DAL a few weeks ago, can't find a link for it.

These are just the goals, there are plenty for penalties, just look at today's game, the non call for interference in the 2nd and the weak call against the wings for interference.

Edited by Datsyuk2Zetterberg

First off, start with this one. DARE them to defend this.

A few other classic disallowed goals:

A choppy video of the Sharks winning goal off the netting

Ask them to explain how an official at the blue line over ruled the official standing 3 feet away from the play on a play that could never be 100 percent proven that the puck had completely crossed the goal line.

Also, someone please get a screenshot of Pittsburgh getting away with 6 men on the ice for over 20 seconds with nobody noticing.

Those should be a good starting point.

Anyone have the video to the plays that happened within a week of eachother of Pittsburgh being on the right side of a "no goal" call?

What I don't understand is why are 90% of the bad calls against the Wings? No matter how much evidence you send them, they will ALWAYS say that there is not a conspiracy against the Wings, that's total bullsh**T and everyone knows that. I really hope you can help in fixing h tis, but there's no way that Bettman will ever take it easy on the Wings, he forced a lot of the calls last playoff that allowed the Pens to win the cup and he's personally behind the one sided calls against the Wings.

BTW, those are videos are a great start, all within the past 2 years too, just amazing, lol.

Edited by Osgood the Best

Any help would be appreciated here because the response I received form them was full of arrogant and very unprofessional remarks that pretty much (but not in so many words) told me if I didn't like the way the game was called, to just stop watching NHL hockey.

What a great way of attracting fans to the game :rolleyes:

I couldn't find the video for this but here is this.

toomany.jpg

I hope you don't just put in the Wings getting screwed or they would probably just ignore you.

Absolutely not man. I even said in the original post that this is a league wide thing. I'm focusing on all teams so, no worries there. Thanks to everyone for the pictures and videos. Keep em coming too please. Also, I wanna state again that I'm not even doing this in an attempt to get anything done. I'm merely doing it out of curiosity as to what they'll have to say when presented the evidence. They can tell me the refs get it right 99.9 percent of the time but, I could then turn around and look up stats for how many penalties were taken league wide over a period of time , and take the amount of blown/missed calls in same period of time and get the real percentage if they'd like. I'd bet everything I have that, that percentage is not in the 99 percent range. lol

way to post all red wings incidents

exactly why I havent posted anything. Sometimes, we don't have enough time to keep up with all wings games, let alone the whole league. people are trying to contribute. let it go. some help is better than none.

if the OP hasn't thought of it, post this on a few other team's boards as well for some help. HF may help for a wide range.

Edited by Nic

Guest scottj

could you post the response to your original letter?

edit: did anybody ever come up with the idea that maybe bettman is a double agent for the NBA?... came to the NHL to f*** it all up and get the NBA some more ratings?

but seriously, how does this guy have this job? and how ******* long is he gonna continue to have it?

on an unrelated note, i had a dream that i was at a bakery and i was stealing their no bake cookies, fudge, and brownies and just eating them when nobody was looking... most delicious dream ever

Edited by scottj

I'm curious to know the response as well. Keep up the good work. It's pretty silly that the fans keep the league in business but are powerless to make any changes for the good of hockey. Bad officiating has been going on for years now, ever since the lockout if I recall.

I hope every year things will be different but they are not. It's embarrassing to try to get people into hockey when you have to explain poor officiating. Is there any website out there dedicated to changing officiating in the NHL? If there was I would register to it in a heartbeat and possibly one day if it gained enough numbers and had enough popularity TSN or some other sports news could do a story on it.

I don't understand why coaches can't challenge bad calls after seeing a replay and have Toronto give a ruling. It would certainly make fans and players alike much happier. Nothing will probably ever happen with fans complaining about poor officiating, but you'll never know unless you try.

Maybe you should address it to Shanny since he isn't a corporate tool.