2242_feature.jpg
NSH Pekka Rinne
18-10-2, 2.81 GAA, .900 SV %, 2 SO

fantasy_g_jhoward1_300.jpg
DET Jimmy Howard
18-11-5, 2.30 GAA, .920 SV %, 1 SO

riples187i.png
NSH Marcel Goc (upper body) questionable, Joel Ward (groin) questionable

DET Brad Stuart (sprained shoulder) questionable, Tomas Holmstrom (broken foot) out, Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

Next Game
PIT.gif
2/1, Detroit at Pittsburgh; 12:30 EST, Mellon Arena
Edited by Hockeytown0001

I don't normally make predictions, but here's what I see happening:

At least one person will post "X player is Lazy and suckstm".

Lebda and/or Ericsson will turn the puck over and give up a scoring chance against, and many will contemplate trading them for a bag of pucks or something equally cheap.

Someone will complain about Filppula being overpaid and having more value to this team as trade bait than on the ice.

Someone from the pro-enforcer crowd will get into an argument with someone from the anti-enforcer crowd.

55fan will post something that will make me laugh no matter the situation in the game at the time.

Someone will misunderstand someone else's attempt at sarcasm.

As for the game, the Red Wings will have more penalties against than the Predators and this game will not go into OT.

Immediately before leaving the crease at the end of the first period, Jimmy will pull out a jar of mayonaise that he has had stashed in his pads and lube up the inside of the posts. During the second period, all Red Wings shots that hit the post will slide right in. Immediately before the start of the third, Jimmy will remove the mayo.

Red Wings win 6-2. All Wings goals come in the second period.

After the game, officials attempt to question Howard about the white residue on his jersey, but he eludes detection by claiming that victories are so rare nowdays that he was just over-excited.

Guest mindfly
Immediately before leaving the crease at the end of the first period, Jimmy will pull out a jar of mayonaise that he has had stashed in his pads and lube up the inside of the posts. During the second period, all Red Wings shots that hit the post will slide right in. Immediately before the start of the third, Jimmy will remove the mayo.

Red Wings win 6-2. All Wings goals come in the second period.

After the game, officials attempt to question Howard about the white residue on his jersey, but he eludes detection by claiming that victories are so rare nowdays that he was just over-excited.

Where do you come up with all this stuff? hahaha :lol:

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

How nice is it to see only 3 names on the injury list lol. Hopefully Williams can play a somewhat respectable game.

The Wings will score two more goals than Nashville.

yeah as usual, until we enter the third and blowing it away... one more time :P

We need those points badly, and it has to be a 2points game, not 3..... well unless we are meant to lose again, we'll need that share.

Go wings :)

To me its win in regulation or bust tonight.

I think they need a regulation win to get going and get some playoff momentum.

Anything else will be disappointing.

:thumbup:

I don't care if they win 1-0, as long as they do. JUST GET A WIN!

Prediction: 4-3 shootout loss for wings. Nashville is desperate right now and determined to win. We've been desperate for 4 games and still can't figure out how to win. I sound pessimistic, but as a hockey fan in general I just don't see this team improving. Their confidence is shot, they all look like they're thinking too much, and all these injured players coming back need games under their belt b4 playing well again.

What's worse is our schedule gets 3X harder starting tonight and on through February. We're playing really good teams at a time when our roster is being improved, but our players wont be up to game pace due to their injuries. Compounding all of this, chemistry may AGAIN be an issue for this team as players come back. With the way this team is playing now I think they'll be in 9th or 10th place by the Olympic break and their chances will come down to a season ending miracle.

Maltby talked in Nov or Dec about how if the wings haven't corrected certain issues with the team by February then there will be a real cause for concern. Osgood is talking about trying to steal games for the wings (lol!) and a team motto of "don't give up." Holland is talking about games being "incredibly important." Babcock is frustrated. I don't think it's time anymore to stand by and think "well, they're the red wings they'll be ok." The team seems to have all but pressed the panic button. They need to turn it around at a time when their next 10 games are against: NSH, PIT, SAN, ANA, LA, ST. LOUIS, SAN, OTT, COL, VAN. Saying that this team will go 5 and 5 through these games is being more than generous at this point (I mean come on!) which gives the wings 69 points at the end of the 1st week of March. That's 1 point ahead of Vancouver if they go 0-10 in their next 10 games and 2 points ahead of phx If they go 0 - 10. See my point here. This ship has holes in her and she's beginning to drown and the players/management seem to feel it. February may be worse than January was and this fan is shaking in his boots... It's gonna take a miracle run at the end of the season to get that 8th spot this year.