• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Anything new on Lilja?

Rate this topic

:( It is unlikely that we'll see him doing any of that when he eventually makes his return to the ice. :(

but I can't wait for his return.

As long as he's killing penalties and eating up ice-time, I'll be happy. The Wings could use a defensive-defenseman right now.

if he ever fought again id s*** myself. but who knows he sounds alil crazy having 230lbs guy run him the first day hes cleared for contact

Got to find out what you've got at that point. He's a bit nuts, but justifiably so.

if he ever fought again id s*** myself. but who knows he sounds alil crazy having 230lbs guy run him the first day hes cleared for contact

It's the only way to test it lol. At least it was a friendly teammate and not a cheapshotting opponent. When I was out with a concussion, my coach had me do the same thing.....I'd skate into the corner towards the loose puck and he'd have the 2nd biggest guy on the team run me (I'm the biggest 6'4 225). Once i said I was fine from that, They made me run the gauntlet...which is fun because i can knock some of my smaller teammates down when they're hitting me lol

he got the takedown(phaneuf looks like he lost footing), but just stood there and got his ass kicked. should of fought back.. he got one punch before ref broke them up. just what i see.

still i'd like to see him play again.

Edited by hokeychik22

he got the takedown(phaneuf looks like he lost footing), but just stood there and got his ass kicked. should of fought back.. he got one punch before ref broke them up. just what i see.

still i'd like to see him play again.

Dude, Phaneuf s*** his pants during the squaroff and fell down like a little girl for fear of being pummeled in front of his famous moviestar girlfriend.

That was a clear win for Lilja in my book.

You can check out his website here.

It's in Swedish, so you'll need a translator, but there are some cool pics.

Sheri found it; I'm just passing it along.

According to that site he will play in Grand Rapids next week.

According to that site he will play in Grand Rapids next week.

I want to think that'll be a great way to get into game-type condition. Sure, they're not as quick as the Wings, but that ain't all bad either.

Guest mindfly

Ken Daniels just said on Red Wings Live that Lilja will go to GR next week for a conditioning stint for 5-6 games :)

Man, right when I thought he'd never play again, this happens. I just hope he plays well. I'm just worried that if he takes over for Lebda on the bottom pairing, there won't be enough speed between him and ericsson.

Well, at least they won't have excess speed to make repeated stupid pinches in the offensive zone.

The Wings have what like 6 or 7 games until the Olympic break right? Is it possible for Lilja to just stay in GR throughout the whole Olympic break? What would be the problem with that?

IDK about da rules when it comes to that, but you'd have to think that Lilja'd want that considering how long he's been on the shelf.

A great defensive-defenseman's pairing=Lilja+Janik imo.

Hot damn, that means I'll see him next Saturday! YAH HOO!!!!!!! :banana:

Ok, I'm officially jealous. Meanwhile, if you have time, could you post a report of any size as to what your reactions were to seeing him and watching him play? THANKS.

Guest Lidstromboli
IDK about da rules when it comes to that, but you'd have to think that Lilja'd want that considering how long he's been on the shelf.

A great defensive-defenseman's pairing=Lilja+Janik imo.

potentially the slowest pairing in the league :ph34r: