• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

With Homer returning Sunday, who's the odd man out?

Rate this topic

With Homer returning from injury on Sunday, who will be the unlucky Wing that loses a job and gets put on waivers?

I've gotta think it'll be May. Eaves has been fantastic on the PK, Miller has been reasonably good all around and Abby's already gone back down to GR already, so I feel like May will have to be the odd man out.

Edited by WMUCarGuy

How's Miller handled playing center?

Did he play center tonight? Well, he got the game winning goal, as well as an assist on the power play (although admittedly his assist really didn't contribute to the play as his stick just redirected the puck a bit. credit to him wreaking havoc in front of the net, though, to leave Willy wide open)

Edited by Echolalia

Did he play center tonight? Well, he got the game winning goal, as well as an assist on the power play (although admittedly his assist really didn't contribute to the play as his stick just redirected the puck a bit. credit to him wreaking havoc in front of the net, though, to leave Willy wide open)

My feeds were so in and out and crappy that I couldn't watch for anything like that. I know he's done it for the wings before and I just wanted to recall if he did well with it.

Homer won't be skating full speed.... which is an understatement ......LOL.

He was already slow BEFORE the fracture....LOL

LINES:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Williams-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Homer-Miller-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

Maltby will be waived/traded along with Leino and May when Franzen & Lilja return. Detroit needs too hang on to all their defencemen with only Janik as the loan decent backup in Grand Rapids.

I think the ZDC line is the best top line the Wings have had ALL year.

Edited by Icesurfer

Guest mjtm77

Hey i'm new hear as you can see huge wings fan from canada don't get manny of the games on t.v so i watch on internet on crappy quality if any knows of a good stream please tell me.

ok I disagree with you guys

I do not think they will sent maltby down because they are loyal to their veterans which means i think it will be Miller ( mabey time for Malby to retire) any thoughts?

Maltby will be waived/traded along with Leino and May when Franzen & Lilja return. Detroit needs too hang on to all their defencemen with only Janik as the loan decent backup in Grand Rapids.

Maltby isn't going anywhere. We're not going to just trade or waive a player who been with the organization for the last fourteen years. The last two forward spots will probably be a rotation between Eaves/Miller/Maltby/Leino, with the other two being healthy straches.

Homer won't be skating full speed.... which is an understatement ......LOL.

He was already slow BEFORE the fracture....LOL

LINES:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Williams-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Homer-Miller-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

I think the ZDC line is the best top line the Wings have had ALL year.

Wrong

Hey i'm new hear as you can see huge wings fan from canada don't get manny of the games on t.v so i watch on internet on crappy quality if any knows of a good stream please tell me.

ok I disagree with you guys

I do not think they will sent maltby down because they are loyal to their veterans which means i think it will be Miller ( mabey time for Malby to retire) any thoughts?

Maltby isn't going anywhere. We're not going to just trade or waive a player who been with the organization for the last fourteen years. The last two forward spots will probably be a rotation between Eaves/Miller/Maltby/Leino, with the other two being healthy straches.

Wrong

Sure they might. They did it to McCarty.

This is a business first and foremost and if they feel that gives them the best chance to win (and make the playoffs) then it will be done.

This is a business first and foremost and if they feel that gives them the best chance to win (and make the playoffs) then it will be done.

yup...its just hard to imagine, but i could see this day coming

if theres any moves made its going to be lebda,meech,may will probably get waived and lieno moved hopefully maltby will stay and finish the year and probably wont be offered a new contract. they might even not offer homer something new if they do it will be for the same price or less. i can't see them giving him more with this stupid cap

if theres any moves made its going to be lebda,meech,may will probably get waived and lieno moved hopefully maltby will stay and finish the year and probably wont be offered a new contract. they might even not offer homer something new if they do it will be for the same price or less. i can't see them giving him more with this stupid cap

I would think these are the only guys to be "on the block". Its obvious that Babs isn't real impressed with Leino or Meech this season, almost to the point that it bothers him when he's forced to put them in. I have a feeling they will try to send May down so that he can be recalled for the playoffs. I know none of them have any real trade value but the Wings don't really need/want much in return. Not to mention that Meech, May, and Lebda are FAs after this season anywho.

I would think these are the only guys to be "on the block". Its obvious that Babs isn't real impressed with Leino or Meech this season, almost to the point that it bothers him when he's forced to put them in. I have a feeling they will try to send May down so that he can be recalled for the playoffs. I know none of them have any real trade value but the Wings don't really need/want much in return. Not to mention that Meech, May, and Lebda are FAs after this season anywho.

I'm fuzzy on the cap numbers, but my hunch is that Meech and Leino have a higher trade value when packaged together. I believe the two of them together equal roughly 1.3 million. Not sure if that is enough to get the job done. It's not really Kenny's style to sign a guy like Leino to a 2 year deal and then trade him. Plus, I think Villie would buck being sent to GR, if he is even waiver exempt, which I don't think he is. I have a hunch Lebda will be retained based on experience...all based on Lilja being healthy enough to crack the lineup. Big E obviously won't be going anywhere, but his play has been dreadful lately with the turnovers. Sheesh! May will probably be sent down if he passes thru waivers. Picking up Miller was huge as a stop gap measure this season, but his extra salary makes things a little messy now when everyone is healthy. I think Maltby ends up being the 13th forward.

Forwards (in no particular order):

Z-Dats-Bert

Mule-Flip-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Willy-Miller-Homer

Malt (abby in playoffs)

Lids-Rafi

Kronn-Stewie

Lils-E

Lebda (Janik in playoffs)

Failed comparison. McCarty left as a free agent and used up his good will when he got a chance to come back. Malts has been here for 14 years. He's not gonna be traded or waived. He might spend the rest of the season in the press box, and Holland may gently whisper to him that we're not going to resign him and offer him a coaching position, but he's not going any where.

As much as I want to see either Bert or Cleary play with Z and Pav, I think for the team it's best to have Homer in there. It's a sad state of affairs but no one still has more goals than him, so it's not like he's going to be a detriment to the line and I just think he'd be out of place on the bottom 2 lines. Z and Pav carry him, but they're good enough to carry him to make his place on the first line worthwhile.

And I think that Williams is seriously underrated here. He hasn't palyed that many games but in those he has he looks good. It's unfortunate for him since Homer getting back will push him down to the third line and I think he would have done well on Flip's wing on the second line. But he definitely deserves his place on the third line.

Edited by Z and D for the C