• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

With Homer returning Sunday, who's the odd man out?

Rate this topic

i hate to see homer plugged back into the top line because we've finally gotten some consistency there with z, d, and cleary. homer will come in and mess it all up. he's too much of a hinderance in terms of puck possession and movement. :(

Please never say that again.....of course we want homer back in the line-up.....Come on man. I think you hurt his feelings...You know he reads our posts don't you?

Homer won't be skating full speed.... which is an understatement ......LOL.

He was already slow BEFORE the fracture....LOL

LINES:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Williams-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Homer-Miller-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

Maltby will be waived/traded along with Leino and May when Franzen & Lilja return. Detroit needs too hang on to all their defencemen with only Janik as the loan decent backup in Grand Rapids.

I think the ZDC line is the best top line the Wings have had ALL year.

Homer on 4th line is useless

Williams on 2nd line... WTF???

Failed comparison. McCarty left as a free agent and used up his good will when he got a chance to come back. Malts has been here for 14 years. He's not gonna be traded or waived. He might spend the rest of the season in the press box, and Holland may gently whisper to him that we're not going to resign him and offer him a coaching position, but he's not going any where.

McCarty was bought out by the Wings because of salary cap reasons after the lockout, and then signed as a free agent in Calgary. Failed knowledge.

Edited by al48

Didn't see it mentioned yet, so for the record no one needs to be waived yet. Not until Franzen (or Lilja) comes back.

May, Maltby, and Leino will all rotate in and out until then, possibly Miller as well, though he definitely deserves to be playing.

Once Mule comes back we'll need to shed 1 player and roughly 750k in salary. Leino would fill both, if they want to risk waiving him. Otherwise, they will have to move 2 people, since I really doubt they would waive Maltby. Also, I can't see them moving Lebda or Meech until Lilja comes back, if that even happens. Most likely both will finish the year here barring some significant trade. If Lilja does come back (and assuming Leino is waived for Mule), we'd then need to move May, Lebda or Meech, and another player. Miller I would guess.

And he was playing with that Mastermind filppula.

Come to think of it, Filppula got Cleary a goal in his first game back too.

:rolleyes:

Does your hard on for Fillpulla have to show up in every thread?

He was the third best player on his line last night.

Pretty sure last night I saw that once Franzen and Lilja return the team will be 1.9 million over the cap. This means that tossing away just Brad May and Lebda isn't going to work.

I have a feeling that Leino is going to see the waiver wire. He hasn't produced this year, and he's got no long-term loyalty with the club. Maltby's salary is higher, sure... but the combination of Leino, Lebda and May being waived gives the team 1.95 million in freed space.

This makes the most sense to me.

Guest malelion55

Lebda (Janik in playoffs) Malt (abby in playoffs)

THE RED WINGS ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS... :siren:

Failed comparison. McCarty left as a free agent and used up his good will when he got a chance to come back. Malts has been here for 14 years. He's not gonna be traded or waived. He might spend the rest of the season in the press box, and Holland may gently whisper to him that we're not going to resign him and offer him a coaching position, but he's not going any where.

Wrong.

The Wings bought out McCarty, Hatcher, and Whitney!! I can't believe you don't remember that! That was a huge deal for most Wings fans.

Here are some links.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=3135408

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=131398

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...754C0A9639C8B63

Anyways, it could happen. This is a business and they will do whatever they fell is the best for the team and it's chances to make the Playoffs.

Lebda (Janik in playoffs) Malt (abby in playoffs)

THE RED WINGS ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS... :siren:

Dude. It's Saturday. Most people's day off. You should be happy.

If it's the forward corps, unfrotuantely May's just in a bad spot. I'd be very surrpised if anything is done with Maltby in terms of movement, so at worst I think he'd be scratched off/on. I'd be surprised as well though if May gets claimed on waivers, assuming they do this. Leino's been disappointing but I don't think higher ups are yet to give up on him though, see if he still has potential, still young and all that stuff.

If you include d-men, one of Lebda or Meech.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan