• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#221 TNBT

TNBT

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

Good to see Ericsson playing well. I got NHL 2011 yesterday, so I am trying to organize my lines and defensive pairings. With a fully healthy team, what pairings would we be most likely to use?

#222 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

Good to see Ericsson playing well. I got NHL 2011 yesterday, so I am trying to organize my lines and defensive pairings. With a fully healthy team, what pairings would we be most likely to use?

You know that's a great question. I don't really know. Anyone?

I mean, I know Rafalski is healthy now but I figured the lines are what they are because they're gradually integrating Rafi back into things.

#223 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

You know that's a great question. I don't really know. Anyone?

I mean, I know Rafalski is healthy now but I figured the lines are what they are because they're gradually integrating Rafi back into things.

I have no clue either.

I would like to see:
Lidstrom Kronwall
Stuart Eriksson
Rafalski Salei

And give them all about 20 min of ice time. I want Kronwall to learn as much as he can from Lids now because it seems like hes going to be top 2 when Lids and/or Raffi retires. It'll be nice if he can compliment his play with some Lidstromesque abilities.
Eriksson has really been playing well the past couple weeks and a good deal of that has been due to the fact that he's using his size for once. I think he can really learn a lot paired up with Stuart, and with Stuey as more of a stay-at-home defensman it allows Eriksson to be more offensive. The same is why I think Raffi and Salei will look nice together(at least on paper).

#224 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

stuart and ericsson have never played well together in the past

pairings are fine right now i think

#225 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

I have no clue either.

I would like to see:
Lidstrom Kronwall
Stuart Eriksson
Rafalski Salei

He doesn't play for the Wings anymore. :P

Haha, sorry. I just had to.

#226 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

He doesn't play for the Wings anymore. :P

Haha, sorry. I just had to.

Speaking of Anders, did he hang 'em up? Last year he played, but that was the last I had heard of him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#227 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

Ericsson has been nothing less than spectacular. I think it's fair to say last year was a sophomore slump. +2 tonight (+5 in the season) while Lidstrom was a -1 tonight (+4 in the season).

Edited by Heaten, 18 November 2010 - 12:43 AM.

#228 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Ericsson has been nothing less than spectacular. I think it's fair to say last year was a sophomore slump. +2 tonight (+5 in the season) while Lidstrom was a -1 tonight (+4 in the season).

Why do you have to compare Ericsson's play to Lidstrom's? Ericsson is not the one who leads the Wings dmen in ice time and plays against the opponent's top scorers.

#229 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

contract year

#230 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

contract year

Lame comment

#231 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Lame comment

:thumbup:

#232 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

Speaking of Anders, did he hang 'em up? Last year he played, but that was the last I had heard of him.

Currently he is a free agent. Invited to the Islanders training camp this year but didn't make it.

Looks like Big E escaped injury tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#233 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

Looks like Big E escaped injury tonight.

In one sense, with this team, an almost injury isn't such great news because look how Franzen has been with that hip flexor or whatever he has. He's been in games but nowhere near the effectiveness we expect of him.

In another sense, as a witness of last year's head shaking injury fest, I'm just thankful if a player isn't out of the lineup worthy of LTIR.

#234 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

I've been seriously impressed with Ericsson lately. He's been making good passes out of the zone and solid defensively. Save his fluff pass that resulted in a goal tonight, he's been great.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#235 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

As far as excuses for not performing last year, Ericsson had a pretty damn good one.

Ericsson is not as distracted as he was last season, when his mother, Suzanne, was in Sweden undergoing chemotherapy for throat cancer. She has completed her treatment and is doing much better, he said.

"Right now, it looks good," Ericsson said. "Last year, of course, I was thinking about it every day. I think that's a little bit why maybe hockey wasn't my (first) priority."

He contemplated going home for a short time.

"(The team) allowed me to go home if I wanted to, but I couldn't do much back there anyway and things didn't come to that real critical point. So I decided to stay here," Ericsson said. "I guess that was in the back of my head all the time and maybe why my confidence level wasn't very high."

http://www.mlive.com..._back_in_f.html

Glad he's on his way to enjoying hockey like he used to though.

#236 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

As far as excuses for not performing last year, Ericsson had a pretty damn good one.

Glad he's on his way to enjoying hockey like he used to though.

I would probably think less of him had he been able to focus 100% on hockey with his mom battling cancer... this really shed a lot of light on his step back last year...

He's looking more and more like a top 4(or dare I say top 2) every night!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#237 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

Great, now I feel like an ass for thinking that Ericsson blew all last year. :blush:

Edited by ComradeWasabi, 22 November 2010 - 11:24 AM.

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#238 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Bump just for props on how strong Ericsson has been playing this season. Being paired with Rafalski has really helped him it seems.

#239 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Bump just for props on how strong Ericsson has been playing this season. Being paired with Rafalski has really helped him it seems.

Players tend to play well with Lidstrom and Rafalski.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#240 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Why do you have to compare Ericsson's play to Lidstrom's? Ericsson is not the one who leads the Wings dmen in ice time and plays against the opponent's top scorers.

Because Lidstrom is so far above everyone else that nobody better dare compare another player to him? Goin a little heavy on the Lid love, aren't we?