• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/31 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Wow, you guys are douchebags sometimes. The Wings are not great in OT, but they played a great game. They will soon have Franzen and Holmstrom back; that's two power forwards that they are currently lacking.

You are hilarious. And I'm laughing AT you, not with you.

I don't care what you're laughing at.

The Wings did not play a great game. We were badly outshot and outplayed. We needed Howard to salvage a point for us.

If you call that a great game, then the Wings are f***ed as a team because our standards have greatly lowered.

Our shootout lineup is pitiful this year. Not just in the shootout, but breakaways, etc. No one on this team can go one on one it seems. I feel good about getting the point, but really wish they could have beaten Pittsburgh. Feel worse that Crosby scored twice.

One thing is for sure: The Wings have to work on quite a few things, but despite being badly outshot, they played hard and kept up with Pittsburgh. Just have to work on the passing and being more aggressive.

Oh, and Howard was HUGE.

How many breakaways have we even had this year? Like, 3?

I don't care what you're laughing at.

The Wings did not play a great game. We were badly outshot and outplayed. We needed Howard to salvage a point for us.

If you call that a great game, then the Wings are f***ed as a team because our standards have greatly lowered.

PM me when you register on letsgopens.com. My username is CrosbyIsCup87

You are kidding me, right?

Howard was a big reason Detroit was even in this game. Probably the only reason.

Fil needs to look up the definition of "net."

Defense needs to tighten up.

Offense needs to do something.

Howard deserves a vacation when this season is over if this is how the rest of it is going to play out.

All I'm saying is he blew it in the SO. He played a good game for 65 mins, and then got beat like a mule in the SO.

Guest mindfly
Nani's goal was awesome!!!

Yeah too bad it counted as an own-goal as almunia touched it in himself with the hand...

Those were nice shootout moves by Crosby and Malkin. If that was Datsyuk and Z who did that you'd be all over them and not saying anything about the goaltender.

Howard got us a point. He did not "blow it" in the SO, it was simply a case of the ice ruining Pavel's attempt and Babcock deciding to go with Williams (wtf) as the 2nd shooter. How about giving Flip a chance to go 2nd? Datsyuk, Flip, Bert sounds like a good SO lineup to me. Maybe Zetterberg inserted 2nd or 3rd depending on what kind of game he's had.

Sooner or later we have to start winning games, many of them and in a row, but right now a point is okay.

Sucks about Kronwall though, I have a feeling his season could be over.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Whoever picked the stars must've not been watching the game.

3 STARS

3rd: Fluery

2nd: HOWARD 46 SAVES .979 SV%

1st: Cindy

Crosby is a mandatory 1st star.

i hate crosby he needs to get his damn teeth knocked out of his skull and his nose mashed farther up his stupid face. I wish someone would sacrifice themselves and put him out for the rest of the season or playoffs with the greatest open ice hit known to the hockeyworld. This would go down in goonery history if someone did this.

The wings should be ******* embarrassed what a dog s*** effort minus the last 10 min of the game and overtime.

If i was Howard I'd tell them all to screw off. 46 saves and you can't win.. they should all feel shame

That.. I like :thumbup:

Howard should finally be really pissed...

Is there logic behind Williams as #2 shooter? cause I didn't see it.

Guest mindfly
Those were nice shootout moves by Crosby and Malkin. If that was Datsyuk and Z who did that you'd be all over them and not saying anything about the goaltender.

Howard got us a point. He did not "blow it" in the SO, it was simply a case of the ice ruining Pavel's attempt and Babcock deciding to go with Williams (wtf) as the 2nd shooter. How about giving Flip a chance to go 2nd? Datsyuk, Flip, Bert sounds like a good SO lineup to me. Maybe Zetterberg inserted 2nd or 3rd depending on what kind of game he's had.

Sooner or later we have to start winning games, many of them and in a row, but right now a point is okay.

Sucks about Kronwall though, I have a feeling his season could be over.

Because he sucks and is overpaid and as we all saw today can't even put it in an open net, FAIL.

Edited by mindfly

How many breakaways have we even had this year? Like, 3?

They've had tons of breakways, but it always ends the same, someone shooting high and wide or getting the puck all tripped up in their skates or the goalie's chest.