• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

The next Wings double act........?

Rate this topic

After watching the Griffs up and down season to date, I have some real positive vibes for the Wings future. Although the goalie tandom has been shaky of late to say the least, we could end up with a top draw netty in McCollum and at worst a #2 in Larsson. In the sleeper section we have the steady Kolosov. He could become a reliable 6/7 guy for the Wings providing that shut down physical style of play that Lilja has down for us. Not overly flash on the puck but gets the job done. Pyett will be an upgrade on Lebda. Not the wheels but has more offensive potential than Lebda and he is having a solid 2nd pro year. Possably another 2 years away from the Wings roster but hopefully his point output will improve each year.

My topic title surrounds the 2 players who seem to have some great chemistry out on the ice each time they play together. Mursak and Tatar just look made for each other. Tatar has some wheels but Mursak has Helm like speed with the scoring touch. These pair always look dangerous each shift and more than not produce a scoring chance each shift. Mursak is having a breakout 2nd year after struggling in his rookie year and Tatar is just defying the odds for a kid his age. Could we be looking at Detroits next Euro twins? Long way to go yet but the signs are encouraging.

I need to start watching more Griffins games to see these two work together. It sounds like both Tatar and Mursak need to add some weight/strength in the off-season. In a few years I'm thinking a third line of Mursak-Abby-Tatar would be a good place for these guys to enter the NHL. I saw this posted elsewhere, but I'm sure the fight fans here will appreciate it.

Newbury and his newly added mustache looked good on Friday. They could be a great pair.

Mostly his mustache, though.

Pyett and Kindl could make a decent pairing.

Edited by Travis