No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

February 9th - THE RETURN OF THE MULE!

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...n_expect_1.html

PITTSBURGH -- Just a quick post-game update:

-- Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said after Sunday's 2-1 shootout loss to the Penguins that forward Johan Franzen should be back in the lineup Feb. 9 at St. Louis. Franzen has been out since the third game of the season on Oct. 8, when he tore his left anterior cruciate ligament. This would give him three games before the two-week Olympic break.

-- Defenseman Niklas Kronwall said he is fine after hurting his left knee early in overtime, when he stepped up to hit Jordan Staal and got the worst of that exchange.

-- Babcock said Tomas Holmstrom will return for Tuesday's game at San Jose. He's been out since Jan. 6 with a hairline fracture in his foot.

The best news there is Kronwall imo.. it looked really bad and I was sure he would be out for a while. Not going to completely breathe out yet, I'm sure he'll be checked out before getting cleared.

With Homer back in the lineup our PP should improve. With Franzen back.. hopefully we can score some goals.

The best news there is Kronwall imo.. it looked really bad and I was sure he would be out for a while. Not going to completely breathe out yet, I'm sure he'll be checked out before getting cleared.

With Homer back in the lineup our PP should improve. With Franzen back.. hopefully we can score some goals.

When I saw him still on the bench in OT and not gone to the dressing room, I had a better feeling about it.

Guest DetroitBoy313
Johan will save us all.

You know they say that jokes always have some kind of truth behind them.And the funny thing is that I think almost EVERYONE here deep down inside wants to believe that Franzen will save the season.....lol.

You know they say that jokes always have some kind of truth behind them.And the funny thing is that I think almost EVERYONE here deep down inside wants to believe that Franzen will save the season.....lol.

What do you mean "wants to believe" I do believe it! Unleash the Mule! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Let us bow our heads and "Aye".

Franzie1.jpg

you guys have to realize that franzen will be skating on eggshells for weeks even months after an injury of this magnitude ...also probably playing in a brace too ...so don't consider him a saviour for this season

If we're lucky and he can get his game back in a month or two hw might be a factor in playoffs but as far as regular season he's just getting his wheels back

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

On a team with no natural goal scorers, we are getting back a guy who when healthy is capable of scoring 40 goals in a season. When you get a guy like Franzen back, it takes pressure off of the other lines to produce. Pav and Hank will not be the only ones relied on to score goals, the product of that will be more production and more wins....ideally.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Williams-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Draper

If you look at those line combos and think "this guy could go here and this guy could go there", then that is exactly the point I am making. We will be a team that can roll 4 lines again...like we used to be.

Franzen alone isn't enough to save us. We need the whole team to wake the f*ck up.

He could be. A lot of the games we're losing are close. He won't help with the blowouts but he'll give us a couple extra wins that we probably won't deserve, which is fine with me.

EDIT: Franzen is money when coming off an injury. Most players take time to get their groove back, I bet Franzen goes on a 12 game scoring streak.

Edited by VM1138