Eaves-Helm-Draper

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Stuart-Kronwall

Ericsson-Lilja

Howard

Osgood

Here's why:

Forward Lines -

1. Pav and Z always make plays and with Lidstrom scoring more they now have support from the point as well as Holmstrom in front of the net.

2. Playmaker (Fil)+Goal scorer (Mule)=success. We've seen glimpses of Bertuzzi's scoring touch as well. Plus having two big bodies who can crash the net will help.

3. I feel this can be a dangerous line seeing how on every given night they will more than likely be better than the other teams 3rd line,

4. Probably one of our best lines and very sound defensively. We will be able to put them out against the other teams scoring unit which can free up our first line.

Defensive Lines-

1. Until they give me reason to believe otherwise, this should be our first pairing.

2. Kronwall is agressive, Stuart stays at home. Perfect match.

3. Ericsson looked good when he got to play with Lilja last season. Hopefully they can repeat that success.

Goaltending -

1. Has won games for us

2. Has lost games for us, then made excuses

3. Ericsson looked good when he got to play with Lilja last season. Hopefully they can repeat that success.

How long did that last? I don't remember that. You remember anything in particular about how they played together?

Let me explain my D Pairings.

I moved some bodies around so now on each line there is someone who is playing well and someone who is either not or just returning.

Balance is the key. Raf and E have struggled. But E more. E with Lids would perhaps help him learn and gain some much needed confidence.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13
How long did that last? I don't remember that. You remember anything in particular about how they played together?

Not specific moments, but I do know that they played solid defensively and the Ericsson we are seeing now, with the turnovers and overall bad play, was not the Ericsson I saw when he was paired with Lilja.

Actually he most likely did that because of the "Val Filppula" thread. Don't have to be a dick.

Listen, nothing more to discuss here, but don't call me a dick but excuse him. Obviously not a big deal, but come on now. I wasn't being a dick, just responding to immaturity.

Not specific moments, but I do know that they played solid defensively and the Ericsson we are seeing now, with the turnovers and overall bad play, was not the Ericsson I saw when he was paired with Lilja.

Ericsson was called up to replace Lilja last year. Might have had a couple games mid-season, but certainly wasn't many. The very good version of Ericsson last year was paired mostly with Lebda.

He really didn't start to look bad until he had to play with Lebda. I'm not sure why that is specifically but I'm guessing that generally speaking he simply doesn't play to his ability.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Ledba has that effect on people. I really would not dismiss the conspiracy theories that state he is working for the Hawks lol...he did break Holmstrom's foot after all :rotflmao:

Ledba has that effect on people. I really would not dismiss the conspiracy theories that state he is working for the Hawks lol...he did break Holmstrom's foot after all :rotflmao:

I wholeheartedly agree. There have even been times when he's been out there with Lids and Lids makes a bad play. He's like kryptonite. Thankfully, the only person he has little to no affect on within close proximity is Howie. :)

I wholeheartedly agree. There have even been times when he's been out there with Lids and Lids makes a bad play. He's like kryptonite. Thankfully, the only person he has little to no affect on within close proximity is Howie. :)

Today, he shot the puck at Howie after the faceoff. Resulting in another faceoff in the Wings zone. I think he was trying to score on the Wings goal? Seriously I don't understand the Lebda hate around here, I think he is a decent bottom D man. He is no Lidstrom, but he is ok.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I can not wait until Lilja comes back and Lebda is a healthy scratch.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13
Today, he shot the puck at Howie after the faceoff. Resulting in another faceoff in the Wings zone. I think he was trying to score on the Wings goal? Seriously I don't understand the Lebda hate around here, I think he is a decent bottom D man. He is no Lidstrom, but he is ok.

I will agree to some extent, but I believe that Kindl or Janik show more promise than he does.

Homstrom-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Zetterberg-Williams

Cleary-Filpulla-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Two pretty good scoring lines while maintaining some solid offensive balance. A really good checking/defensive third line and a terrific energy line.

when healthy zetterberg, franen, and cleary belong together.

L1 dats-bert-holm

L3 flip-miller?-slick willy

L4 helm-eaves-drapes

lids and rafi

kron and stewie

ericsson and lilja

PP1 zetterberg, dats, holmstrom, lids, rafi

PP2 franzen, flip, bert, willy, kronwall

guess that leaves cleary off the PP, unless they just go with L1+defensive pair 1 for PP1 and L2+Kronwall/Willy for PP2 (which leaves flip off)

Edited by Datsyuk2Zetterberg

Franzen-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Holmstrom-Filppula-Bertuzzi/Cleary

Miller-Williams-Cleary/Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Draper

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Ericsson-Lilja

Howard

Osgood

i'd rather see both nick's on a line together at least until rafalski show improvment, maybe being put on the 2nd line will give him a boost. I also would rather see janik or kindl filling in instead of meech and lebda. God Quincy would be nice to have back right about now!.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Holmstrom-Filppula-Bertuzzi/Cleary

Miller-Williams-Cleary/Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Draper

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Ericsson-Lilja

Howard

Osgood

i'd rather see both nick's on a line together at least until rafalski show improvment, maybe being put on the 2nd line will give him a boost. I also would rather see janik or kindl filling in instead of meech and lebda. God Quincy would be nice to have back right about now!.

Hmm. Personally I think this is just too top-heavy. Z and Pav haven't played as good together since '08. I think spreading them out forces other teams to match up accordingly. I also think have Pav, Z, Filp and Helm as our centers gives us great strength down the center. My take, though.