• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Coolio Mendez

How thankful are the Red Wings, Canucks, and Maple Leafs?

Rate this topic

Earlier this evening, Fabian Brunnstrom scored his 2nd goal of the season...in his 32nd game

Let's look at some quotes

Ken Holland from the Detroit Free Press on March 6, 2008

"Brunnstrom's the real deal and he has the skills to play on our first line right away. We're thankful that we're still being considered. He's the type of player who will score 30-40 goals and plays well in both ends of the rinks"

Cliff Fletcher, Rogers SportsNet March 13, 2008

"We're still talking to his agents and we believe we have a very good shot. He'll fit instantly into our system"

I'll be honest...watching film from the Swedish League bin 07-08, he looked great....watching his last few games this season, I have to wonder if Dallas won't be glad to see that $2MM cap hit disappear next year.

Part of me thinks that any thankfulness on Holland's part will be curtly interrupted by regret over the signing of another highly coveted, late blooming European free agent. At this point any Wings fan that laughs about Brunnstrom's lack of success ought to wipe the smile from their face and take a look a little closer to home.

Part of me thinks that any thankfulness on Holland's part will be curtly interrupted by regret over the signing of another highly coveted, late blooming European free agent. At this point any Wings fan that laughs about Brunnstrom's lack of success ought to wipe the smile from their face and take a look a little closer to home.

Leino was a bit under the radar at the time. Also, Leino was older and had more of a track record to follow. Can't say the hype for Leino was nearly as big as Brunnstrom.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

Leino was a bit under the radar at the time. Also, Leino was older and had more of a track record to follow. Can't say the hype for Leino was nearly as big as Brunnstrom.

It's pretty scary to think that Brunnstrom is even making Leino look good this year lol

It's pretty scary to think that Brunnstrom is even making Leino look good this year lol

Can you do me a favor and remind me which part of Brunnstrom's 31GP 2G 8A 10PT -2 season is making Leino's 42GP 4G 3A 7P -10 season look so appealing? I seem to have misplaced my rose-colored glasses...

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing