• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Playtawk

Sedin 'sisters' no more. These guys are for real.

Rate this topic

Henrik Sedin is a Hero for the Month of January! http://apps.facebook.com/nhlpool/?ref=ts He had 25 points in the month and this not only gave him a league-high 78, but moved him within 4 points of his best-ever season. NHL named him 2nd star for the month... http://ow.ly/12GdI He and his brother Daniel toyed with the Maple Leafs this weekend in a 3-0 come from behind victory in the third period. They have come a long way over their 9 seasons in the NHL and owe a lot of their recent success to their swedish friend Mats Sundin... http://ow.ly/12GtO With the Canucks win streak at 7 and having a few other players flourishing, do you think they are Stanley Cup worthy this year?

Edited by Playtawk

Yeah really what has gotten into Henrik Sedin? Makes me hope that Zetterberg hasn't peaked yet.

The line just has fantastic chemistry right now (reminds me of Naslund, Bert, n Morrison). Daniel is scoring at the same PPG rate, and would be near the league leaders in point too if it wasn't for his injury.

Huh?

They were down 3-0 and came back to win 5-3.

Both Sedins have been great players for a number of years, but this year is definately above where they have been in the past. Burrows does help a bit, he's been great, but other than that, not sure why they are so much better this year.

I hope teams figure out how to shut them down.

They have yet to prove anything in the playoffs so I'm not going to accept that they're great until they do so.

That could be said about the entire Canucks team...

I hope teams figure out how to shut them down.

They have yet to prove anything in the playoffs so I'm not going to accept that they're great until they do so.

They've been around for years, always playing the same way and teams haven't figured out how to shut them down. Only thing that has happened is they've learned to be more effective with every passing season.

And they were actually pretty good last playoffs, they both had 10 points in 10 games.

They deserve some respect. Daniel would be right up there with Henrik if he hadn't been injured. They were absolutely sick against the Leafs.. and they've been playing pretty amazing against some really good teams too.

Ovechkin is going to win the Art Ross but I hope Henrik can stay in the top 3, maybe get him a Hart nomination.

They are a lot stronger on the puck this year, much harder to knock off. Burrows is an excellent fit. The Twins do more give and go than anyone else I've ever seen. Seems they cycle less in the corners this year and more towards the net.

The are steaky as in past years, but when they are on, they are Spot On. They could be very dangerous in the playoffs.

Edited by T.Low

Guest zackmorris

I don't watch them enough to know for sure but it might have alot to do with the complaining I've seen that they don't play adequate defense or backcheck enough. Alot of the higher scoring players in the league have more space and time to go closer to the net and just wait for offensive chances.

I don't watch them enough to know for sure but it might have alot to do with the complaining I've seen that they don't play adequate defense or backcheck enough. Alot of the higher scoring players in the league have more space and time to go closer to the net and just wait for offensive chances.

While I don't notice them backchecking like monsters or lifting sticks and stealing pucks from behind like Pavs or anything, they are league leaders in plus/minus this year, and the Vancunucks are 2nd best in goals against in the West.

Guest zackmorris
While I don't notice them backchecking like monsters or lifting sticks and stealing pucks from behind like Pavs or anything, they are league leaders in plus/minus this year, and the Vancunucks are 2nd best in goals against in the West.

Yeah but those are just numbers that are easily misleading. From what I've seen, which compared to other teams isn't alot, they've looked a little lazy. Especially for being Swedes.

On a totally unrelated topic, these two are going to be monsters in the Olympics even more than before.

Yeah but those are just numbers that are easily misleading. From what I've seen, which compared to other teams isn't alot, they've looked a little lazy. Especially for being Swedes.

On a totally unrelated topic, these two are going to be monsters in the Olympics even more than before.

I don't think they are misleading, though. Their defensive style is simply to get possession of the puck for much of their shft, and not let the other team have it , and they are pretty effective that way. Obviously. (Burrows +30, Sedins +27 and +26)

That line is rolling.

Guest Lidstromboli

thought it was funny when Daniel went down and people thought Henrik would be nothing without him :lol:

Guest zackmorris

I mean plus/minus can be misleading when talking about defensive ability, not offensive. It's like completion percentage in football-it's a helpful guide to determine accuracy but it's in no way totally indicative. I've seen players who are blah defensively go well into the plus because of the team around him, esp forwards.

The Sedin's getting some love on the Wings forum. Will wonders never cease.

Seriously though, the reason I've hung around here so long on the periphary is because you guys are pretty good, knowledgable hockey fans.

I luv the Island, Dude. Where are you?

Henrik Sedin is a Hero for the Month of January! http://apps.facebook.com/nhlpool/?ref=ts He had 25 points in the month and this not only gave him a league-high 78, but moved him within 4 points of his best-ever season. NHL named him 2nd star for the month... http://ow.ly/12GdI He and his brother Daniel toyed with the Maple Leafs this weekend in a 3-0 come from behind victory in the third period. They have come a long way over their 9 seasons in the NHL and owe a lot of their recent success to their swedish friend Mats Sundin... http://ow.ly/12GtO With the Canucks win streak at 7 and having a few other players flourishing, do you think they are Stanley Cup worthy this year?

Another spam thread trying to get people to join a facebook pool. You do this every damn week. I'm shocked you haven't been banned. If I were Matt your IP address would be duly noted.