• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ProfessorLidstrom5

The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Rate this topic

Nice article on NHL.com with sound bites from Fedorov and Datsyuk.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=517815&...vid=DL|NHL|home

As gifted as all but a few players in the world, Datsyuk has long since been indoctrinated into the Detroit mantra that winning championships is worth any and all required subjugation of personal agendas. That is why Russian coach Vyacheslav Bykov has stationed him at center of a line with Ovechkin and Semin, two absurd talents who rarely get caught on the defensive side of the puck.

"Time will show how easy or hard it's going to be," Datsyuk said. "But I know my job always, whether I play for the Red Wings or whether I play for the Russian national team. With these guys, I'm going to be more focused on defense so these guys can do everything they want to do on the offensive."

In the great Russian tradition, Bykov has divided his team into four five-man units. And after some loosening up and initial line rushes at this afternoon's practice, it was fascinating to watch Bykov send each quintet to a different quadrant of the ice for some caucusing.

Team Russia Gear The black-clad fivesome kneeled at one of the blue lines with Datsyuk clearly in charge of a fairly lengthy discussion in which Ovechkin and Semin were fully engaged.

"They're great players and we have great chemistry," said Datsyuk, who won a championship in Russia in 2005 as Ovechkin's Dynamo Moscow linemate. "I think it's going to be lots of fun – lots of fun for us and for you, too."

Hehe, well why is he on the roster then?

Loyalty. He's one of those guys that have played a lot in the WHC and all the smaller tournaments, and he's done well in them, so I guess Gustafsson felt he deserved to be on the team.

He's pretty clearly the 8th d-man on the roster which is the only reason I'm okay with him being there over guys like Edler or Hjalmarsson.

Team Russia Gear The black-clad fivesome kneeled at one of the blue lines with Datsyuk clearly in charge of a fairly lengthy discussion in which Ovechkin and Semin were fully engaged.

For some reason I giggled like a little girl when I read that.

Guest mindfly

You can also dress 20+2 Players every game so there won't be any scratches and they will probably play all 4 Dpairs

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

it will be fun to watch the red wings players during the olympics

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Blatak lighting it up, sorta. :D

He had only about 8-10 minutes vs Russia and had an assist. He's so creative offensively, always looking to join the rush and set up scoring chances. Really an offensive defenceman, shame he'll never come over. He's a bit lean but I love his puck moving ability.

Kolosov has been really impressive for Belarus. Doesn't see a whole heap of ice time but is very solid when he plays. Had one sorta bad turnover in their last game but responded well. Is pretty much on their 1st PK unit. He blocked a shot and hobbled to the bench, was a good shot block.