• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Jack Edwards...seriously, is anybody worse?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Is anybody worse than this guy? From the other night:

"Stuart takes him down!" Huh? Really? It looked like Stuart fell down and Simmonds landed on top of him. Oy vey.

It's like a car wreck. I know if I watch the Bruins, Edwards is going to say stuff that makes me want to punch him in the face but I just can't look away.

I can't remember where I saw it but I read a hockey related article on the web last week and the writer, near the end took a jab at Edwards. It wouldn't have been obvious to an outsider but the slight was clearly identifiable by anybody who knows how that tool calls hockey games. I thought it was pretty funny.

Anyway, if you hate Jack Edwards, please let me know. It makes me feel good to see how many people loathe this guy.

:D

First off, I am so god damned sick and tired of fights after ******* clean hits! JESUS CHRIST IT IS HOCKEY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, PEOPLE GET HIT!

There now back to the original question, no, there is no one worse than Jack Edwards in the history of the game (shouldn't say that but I have a hard time imaging worse).

I have never heard an announcer wet himself over the most routine mundane plays ever. This guy makes a goalie stopping a clearing attempt (from 200 feet away) sound like he just made the greatest save in the world, but it wasn't it was just a tribute to the greatest save in the world.

Okay except the Tenacious D reference, that post is the truth! As brought to you by me!

First off, I am so god damned sick and tired of fights after ******* clean hits! JESUS CHRIST IT IS HOCKEY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, PEOPLE GET HIT!

There now back to the original question, no, there is no one worse than Jack Edwards in the history of the game (shouldn't say that but I have a hard time imaging worse).

I have never heard an announcer wet himself over the most routine mundane plays ever. This guy makes a goalie stopping a clearing attempt (from 200 feet away) sound like he just made the greatest save in the world, but it wasn't it was just a tribute to the greatest save in the world.

Okay except the Tenacious D reference, that post is the truth! As brought to you by me!

They need to give like a 5 minute instigator major or something for these fights when a guy retaliates for a clean hit... like, if no penalty resulted on the initial hit, if someone instigates a fight on it - automatic 5 minute major for instigating AND a 5 for fighting... not saying this is exactly what they should do, just a suggestion, because they need something more drastic... this is getting down right ridiculous...

As for the announcer... that is brutal... just brutal...

i always liked edwards back in the day when he was on espn. i mostly just enjoy his voice. has good timbre.

anywho, the guy is paid to be a homer. sure, he may be better or worse at his homerism than other announcers, but at the basic level he is still just doing his job.

Jack Edwards is a jackass and a terrible announcer, but while we're making the list I find the Blues FSN crew (Kelly & Pang), Penguins FSN (Errey & Co.), CanucksTV (Garret & Co.), Hawks CSN (Forslund & Olczyk), MacGuire & Emerick, Loubardias (Flames), Remenda (Sharks) to be as annoying as Jack Edwards. And that's just off the top of my head. Call me a homer, but it doesn't even feel like a real Wings game if it's not Ken, Mick and Murph.

He's one of the two worst announcers I've ever heard in terms of being a homer.

The other is the divealanche announcer who called that infamous Roy/Osgood fight.

This guy think Lucic is like the greatest fighter in league history or something. It's embarrassing hearing him call that guy's fights.

Guest Lidstromboli
Jack Edwards is a jackass and a terrible announcer, but while we're making the list I find the Blues FSN crew (Kelly & Pang), Penguins FSN (Errey & Co.), CanucksTV (Garret & Co.), Hawks CSN (Forslund & Olczyk), MacGuire & Emerick, Loubardias (Flames), Remenda (Sharks) to be as annoying as Jack Edwards. And that's just off the top of my head. Call me a homer, but it doesn't even feel like a real Wings game if it's not Ken, Mick and Murph.

i dunno i think Pang is pretty good

lol, this guy is too much.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

He's one of the two worst announcers I've ever heard in terms of being a homer.

The other is the divealanche announcer who called that infamous Roy/Osgood fight.

This guy think Lucic is like the greatest fighter in league history or something. It's embarrassing hearing him call that guy's fights.

After hearing that, you'd think that Osgood needed to be carted away on a stretcher and that paramedics would need to search the Joe for Osgood's head.

That was easily one of the worst calls I've ever heard. I think that one takes the cake over Edwards comparing the Bruins win to the Revolutionary War.

Oh man I forgot about that one.

The biggest problem that I have with Edwards doing it (being from the area) is the guy he replaced was simply awesome!

Dale Arnold:

The guy was class, plain and simple class!

He is from Maine so I may be a little Biased.

Coming out of the lockout all of the ESPN radio and broadcast guys were freed up, and Boston decided to go with Edwards instead of Arnold, huge mistake, huge mistake.

Dale Arnold (born March 27, 1956) is a sportscaster who is primarily known as the co-host of the Dale & Holley Show on WEEI and the former play-by-play announcer for the Boston Bruins.

A Bowdoin College alum, Arnold began calling games for the school teams while a student there in the mid-1970's. In 1979, he succeeded Mike Emrick as the voice of the Maine Mariners. He joined the New Jersey Devils as their radio announcer in 1986, before returning to New England two years later. Arnold called New England Patriots games from 1988-90, and provided play-by-play coverage for Bruins home games from 1995-2007.

Arnold currently hosts a midday talk show, Dale & Holley, with former Boston Globe columnist Michael Holley on Sportsradio 850 WEEI in Boston from 10 AM to 2 PM. Arnold has been with the radio station since its inception on September 1, 1991 and has been a constant in the midday time slot for several years.

Dale is the only sportscaster to do the play-by-pay for ALL FIVE major sports teams in New England (Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and Revolution).

Arnold, a two-time Emmy Award winner, and his wife Susan, have three children, Taylor, Alysha, and Brianna.

I definitely want to throw the Penguins FSN announcers into the hat. Awful announcers, annoying people, mega homers, etc.

Not surprisingly, I actually once heard a Pittsburgher complaining that the guys weren't home-biased enough.

Personally, I enjoy that Mickey will actually speak his mind, even if it doesn't necessarily please the homer in all of us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling him impartial - but compared to some of these boners..

I definitely want to throw the Penguins FSN announcers into the hat. Awful announcers, annoying people, mega homers, etc.

Not surprisingly, I actually once heard a Pittsburgher complaining that the guys weren't home-biased enough.

Personally, I enjoy that Mickey will actually speak his mind, even if it doesn't necessarily please the homer in all of us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling him impartial - but compared to some of these boners..

can we put him, Pierre McGuire and that ****** from the Penguin's crew in a room and just firebomb it?

If you think this guy is bad as a hockey announcer you should have heard him when he was the announcer for US Soccer. I remember right as the US upset Portugal 3-2 in the 2002 World Cup he screamed "Mine eyes have seen the glory!" and thus almost ruining a defining moment in US Soccer. Epic fail at trying to have his own "Do you believe in miracles!" like call.

Jim Fox is the one that annoys me more than anyone else. The cadence of his sentences is always the same, he'll say a sentence totally normally and then four words from the end of it, he throws in a comma and changes his voice for the end. It drives me nuts.