• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/3 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

That was easily the best game Ericsson's played in the last month.

1 shot, 2 missed shots, 3 hits (tied with Helm for team lead), 0 give-aways, -1 (Lids, Rafalski and Meech were all -1 too and Stuart was a -2).

Plus he had a fight and a huge hit.

He made a great play at the end of the 2nd when he got that pass to Val at the side of the net.

How about Filppula? 7 shots tonight.

Guest lilja4mvp
Filppula looked great this entire game. :) Might have had a couple goals if we played a lesser goalie.

LOL

Filppula looked great this entire game. :) Might have had a couple goals if we played a lesser goalie.

Ya Flip has been playing good, i hate being stone walled by goalie after goalie, i wish we could play against Nabokov every night

Kinda off topic, but Glencross put up a hat trick for the Flames tonight.

WHERE IS OUR CURTIS GLENCROSS?

The last Wings hat trick was what? 3 years ago or something? It seems if a first liner doesnt score, then no one does on this team. NO secondary scoring.

Guest lilja4mvp

filppula really looked great when datsyuk fed him that pass in the slot, wide open, and he launched the thing into orbit. not even close.

what a total idiot.

Every single time this season that the Wings have been able to gain ground in the standings and put some room between them and the competition, they lose. At some point they're going to have to get some killer instinct and get a win in this kind of game, or they'll end up missing the playoffs by a point or something awful like that.

Ugggg... that would be so brutal. If we miss the playoffs I hope it's by enough to get the Wings a lottery pick.

Lottery pick or playoffs. Choose your fate Ken Holland.

I wasn't around to be the "only guy who thinks Flip is a weak offensive player" (-Z and D for the C) so I guess no one had anything to say about tonight.

This is why I have no problem trading Flip for a guy with even just a little bit of a scoring touch. Something that one could liken to a "descent shot" would be nice as well...

We need offense. Not defense and missed chances. It hurts way too much night after night these days.

Kinda off topic, but Glencross put up a hat trick for the Flames tonight.

WHERE IS OUR CURTIS GLENCROSS?

The last Wings hat trick was what? 3 years ago or something? It seems if a first liner doesnt score, then no one does on this team. NO secondary scoring.

Zetterberg against Anaheim earlier this year.

Ugggg... that would be so brutal. If we miss the playoffs I hope it's by enough to get the Wings a lottery pick.

Lottery pick or playoffs. Choose your fate Ken Holland.

Or you know what, maybe they'll keep hanging around that 8th spot all year and make the playoffs by a point, what do I know. I'd much rather they get some separation from the pack for my own mental health going forward, even if they do sneak in. :wacko:

And yet you're the one who writes English like an 8 year old.

Fast forward through the obligatory "Who Cares About Grammar" comment, and I'll contradict it by saying, you used the word "yet" poorly.

He's a troll and yet I'm a eight year old author?

Wut? <-- (What)

I wasn't around to be the "only guy who thinks Flip is a weak offensive player" (-Z and D for the C) so I guess no one had anything to say about tonight.

Remember my exception?

Even so, weak goal scorer doesn't mean a weak offensive player.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Filppula isn't a goal scorer, he's not going to buy his every chance. Deal with it. He excels at every single other aspect in the game. But hiller had some really good saves on filppula tonight, there is no doubt about it.

I'm actually just happy that he's shooting.

I'm actually just happy that he's shooting.

Yes.

So he had one missed shot that wouldn't have gone in anyway. Apart from that one split second, he had a great game. He was all over the ice today and was impossible not to notice when he was on the ice. And he set up just as many chances as he missed.

The opinion of douchebags who only post to ***** at wings players they don't like at the moment doesn't matter.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Or you know what, maybe they'll keep hanging around that 8th spot all year and make the playoffs by a point, what do I know. I'd much rather they get some separation from the pack for my own mental health going forward, even if they do sneak in. :wacko:

Hey I'd rather Taylor Hall than an 8th seed.

I don't know why everyone is so upset. The Wings played pretty well tonight and were the victim of a couple bad bounces and a hot goalie. Replay this game 10 times and the Wings probably win it 8 times playing exactly the way they did tonight. Kudos to Hiller for a great game, but there is no reason to curse the team. It was a solid effort that came up short. It happens.

I don't know why everyone is so upset. The Wings played pretty well tonight and were the victim of a couple bad bounces and a hot goalie. Replay this game 10 times and the Wings probably win it 8 times playing exactly the way they did tonight. Kudos to Hiller for a great game, but there is no reason to curse the team. It was a solid effort that came up short. It happens.

This is why everyone is so upset. Too happy and giddy over losing. Why do WE always run into hot goalies? When is it okay to admit, hey, we suck at scoring, too? This is the same thing that is said after every loss. We're not the Lions, morale victories don't count!

Fast forward through the obligatory "Who Cares About Grammar" comment, and I'll contradict it by saying, you used the word "yet" poorly.

He's a troll and yet I'm a eight year old author?

Wut? <-- (What)

And you used "wut" poorly. The correct usage is:

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg