• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Paul MacLean's Mustache

Kovalchuk traded to New Jersey

Rate this topic

Fil, Will, Ville and Rafalski

for

Kovalchuk and Afinogenov

Too much, eh? And yes, I know about his NTC. Does he want to play in Atlanta or Grand Rapids?

For Atlanta, that's a complete forward line that works to just plug in. And an elite quarterback #1-2 Dman for 2 years. 11.3 million though might be a tad too much. Then again they were gonna pay Ilya 8 mil or so anyway. Might need a second trade to offload Rafalski for assets then use them to aquire the Atlanta package. I just know I'm not interested in losing both Flip and Kronwall. Ericsson neither.

Rafalski's going nowhere fast. He may take a ton of s*** around here but he's still too valuable of a part to trade away. He'll retire a Wing.

Rafalski's going nowhere fast. He may take a ton of s*** around here but he's still too valuable of a part to trade away. He'll retire a Wing.

Yeah, no doubt. It's just damn difficult to fit Kovi in without removing that 6 mil. Kovi or Rafalski? Know what I mean? Easy decision. Especially with the surplus of offensive dmen we have. I'm thinking if the price is kronwall and flip, I say hope he's available come July and not gut the team this deadline. I can barely stomach the prospect of losing Flip, let alone any more core pieces.

I do admit, I have visions of a new Russian 5.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
According to Kevin Allen, Kovalchuk will be moved tonight.

His Twitter:

Told Kovalchuk is being traded to an Eastern Conference team tonight. I'm awaiting confirmation that deal is complete.

Boston maybe?

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Bob McKenzie agrees with David Allen that Kovalchuk is being traded tonight. Not Boston or Rangers.

Twitter: Bob McKenzie

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Why would they trade him to the East? I don't buy it.

Considering the Wings spot in the standings I'd rather have him here or sent to the Eastern Conference and not to a contender e.g. LA

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Why would they trade him to the East? I don't buy it.

They are probably getting a great deal. Maybe one too good to turn down.

As purely a rental player, I'd take Kovalchuk. Cant deny his talent, he is physical, and we dont need him to play defence if we split up Z&D. Wont happen, but I wouldnt mind it.

I dont have any clue as to where he's going if Boston isnt involved. Dreger mentioned the Habs as a possibility, who knows. Hopefully it does go down tonight.

im so intrigued. the 4th period (OPINION) said the wings could do it. send to ATL fil, abby, ericsson, and leino

lets see it happen

Knowing there is no way the Wings could re-sign him there is no way I would be cool with that deal. Plus that would make us even more over cap.

Knowing there is no way the Wings could re-sign him there is no way I would be cool with that deal. Plus that would make us even more over cap.

There are ways the Wings can re-sign him. It all depends on how much Lidstrom's willing to take. If he accepts around $5 million and Kovalchuk around $7.5-8 it's doable.