• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Paul MacLean's Mustache

Kovalchuk traded to New Jersey

Rate this topic

I agree, but you also have to give credit to the scouting system.

Oh yes, I agree.

Just calling Ken Holland out is pretty stupid considering all the moves he has made in the last 5 years since the salary cap era started.

Here are the lines they practiced with:

Parise-Zajac-Rolston

Kovalchuk-Zubrus-Langenbrunner

Pandolfo-Niedermayer-Zharkov

Peters-McAmmond-Leblond

Salvador-Greene

White-Mottau

Fraser-Salmela

sweet! looks like I was smart when I picked up Zubrus in Fantasy Hockey when I found out Kovy was being traded to the Devils... woooo!

IMO Kovalchuk is better sniper than Ovechkin. Ovechkin just has had much better linemates.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement, IMO. People seem to forget that Marc Savard played for the Thrashers from 2002-2006, and Heatley and Hossa were a couple other players to pass through Atlanta. Kovalchuk's 2005-2006 season, statistically is his best, and was a year where he played with Marc Savard (who had one point less, and 69 assists) throughout the entire season.

Like him or not, Ovechkin will likely go down as one of the all-time greats. Kovalchuk will go down as a very good player who had a very good career.

Anyone thinking he will go to the KHL after this season?
Anyone thinking he will go back to Atlanta?

"I'm not going to put my home up for sale. Atlanta is going to be my second home probably forever now. It's great weather. My kids in school there. I will be there." - Ilya Kovalchuk

"July 1st brings many things. If he is a free agent on July 1st then it's something we can talk about." - Don Waddell

This was all just an evil plan?

Edited by Finnish Wing

Anyone thinking he will go back to Atlanta?

"I'm not going to put my home up for sale. Atlanta is going to be my second home probably forever now. It's great weather. My kids in school there. I will be there." - Ilya Kovalchuk

"July 1st brings many things. If he is a free agent on July 1st then it's something we can talk about." - Don Waddell

Are you saying he's going to pull a "Doug Weight"?

Guest mindfly

Oduya is a great defender, the numbers are lying a bit tbh, after that severe groin injury he wasn't the same, last season and also in the world championship he was very solid

Oduya is a great defender, the numbers are lying a bit tbh, after that severe groin injury he wasn't the same, last season and also in the world championship he was very solid

So Atlanta picked up a guy that isn't the same anymore and is hampered by an injury? That's not good.

Come on mindfly, 4 points in 40 games? It's one thing to struggle because of an injury, but those numbers are worse than just struggling. That's downright pathetic, especially since New Jersey is a really good team with many offensive players.

Atlanta should have waited this out and looked for a better deal. They panicked and took the first crap that came their way. No wonder their franchise has been so bad. Poor management is what this is.

I don't know if the Thrashers have a fan forum, but if they do, there must be some interesting stuff going on there today, which would put LGW to shame.

So Atlanta picked up a guy that isn't the same anymore and is hampered by an injury? That's not good.

Come on mindfly, 4 points in 40 games? It's one thing to struggle because of an injury, but those numbers are worse than just struggling. That's downright pathetic, especially since New Jersey is a really good team with many offensive players.

Atlanta should have waited this out and looked for a better deal. They panicked and took the first crap that came their way. No wonder their franchise has been so bad. Poor management is what this is.

I don't know if the Thrashers have a fan forum, but if they do, there must be some interesting stuff going on there today, which would put LGW to shame.

Plus, he's OVERPAID.

Guest mindfly

He's an olympian too... he'll get his game back i'm sure of it. He's a puckmoving defense-first shutdown guy when you "scan" him tbh

Edited by mindfly

He's an olympian too... he'll get his game back i'm sure of it. He's a puckmoving defense-first shutdown guy when you "scan" him tbh
A WHAT? That's kinda like a goal-scoring playmaker enforcer. Hybrid. Edited by Finnish Wing