• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

Hitchcock fired

Rate this topic

Hitch deserves better. The "players" work in a country club atmosphere and are spoiled rotten. They can't handle being told that they are playing like crap. I hope Hitch gets a good gig next. Always been a Hitch fan. I wanted him in Detroit before Babcock proved himself.

Hitch deserves better. The "players" work in a country club atmosphere and are spoiled rotten. They can't handle being told that they are playing like crap. I hope Hitch gets a good gig next. Always been a Hitch fan. I wanted him in Detroit before Babcock proved himself.

Anybody know anything about his assistant who is taking over, Noel?

Edited by CenterIce

Anybody know anything about his assistant who is taking over, Noel?

He's a sacrificial lamb. He might be a decent assistant but I don't think he'll do anything to turn this crappy team around.

As it's been said, this team doesn't like being told they suck/are playing like s***. At first they blamed it on lack of practice time, but honestly it's more like laziness and carelessness with the puck.

I don't foresee a 'known' coach taking this gig anytime soon. Nash is a s***ty captain too - the players DO NOT rally to him like they do to guys like Iggy or even Cindy in Pittspuke.

wouldnt it be something if Babcock said hey Hitch come work with me in Detroit over the olympic break, be great to have a guy like him up in the press box adding some of his input.

Hitchcock was/is a good coach. If Babcock left tomorrow, Illitch would be on the phone with him. If doable, I would love to see him on the Wings bench. He always seemed to be good with younger players (minus Filatov, but he was a whiny *****), and for the most part his teams are usually pretty solid defensively. Add him for defense and add Larionov for offense and pp.

Edited by cmonster

Hitchcock was/is a good coach. If Babcock left tomorrow, Illitch would be on the phone with him. If doable, I would love to see him on the Wings bench. He always seemed to be good with younger players (minus Filatov, but he was a whiny *****), and for the most part his teams are usually pretty solid defensively. Add him for defense and add Larionov for offense and pp.

Excellent propostition. I agree totally. The timing is wrong right now but I love that combo.

Excellent propostition. I agree totally. The timing is wrong right now but I love that combo.

I was saying if Babcock left, not that he would, Hitchcock would make a fine head coach. But I would also be quite happy if he joined Mike Babcock's staff. He seems like a great hockey mind, not as great as Bowman, but you can never have enough hockey mind's in one organization.

Guest mindfly

Dreger Twitter new update on Hitchcock

"Hitchcock says his focus is now on a sick friend and the Olympics. Otherwise, he intends to lay low."