• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule93

Prospects

Rate this topic

I guess it all depends on what player/s Holland has interest in...From what I've been reading Kindl isn't proving to be an NHL calibre Dman; dunno about Tartar...Either way there really aren't any players in our system that appear to be "star" quality; hope I'm wrong.

Two names: Gustav Nyquist, C - Maine, Brendan Smith, D - Wisconsin. Gustav is in the mold of Filppula...but shoots and scores. Smith will be a number 1/2 D-man in the league QB'n our PP and putting up some slick numbers. In the CHL we have Ferraro if he can stop getting injured. And we also have a slick short D-man over in Sweden that absolutely tore up the junior circuit over there and is doing very well for a youngin' in the main show.

So in short, we have some potential stars for sure, with Smith and Nyquist being the two most likely "right now" that have the ability to be stars or at least top tier players.

do you think the red wings would be willing to part with prospects kindl and tatar or even abdelkader and helm? I dont want them to be traded but would kenny do it?

Tatar? No way in hell. He's a potential star or maybe even a superstar if we're really lucky.

Kindl? Possibly. He's pulled the same disappearing act in Grand Rapids this season. This is his last AHL year so it's boom or bust time. But, as we've seen with Howard and Quincey, unimpressive AHL stats don't necessarily make for terrible NHL stats. In Quincey's case he needed full top pairing minutes for an entire year in LA to realize his potential, which is something the Wings can't provide. Hell, Meech was far superior to Q on the Wings and in Grand Rapids so who knows what he could've been in Q's shoes. Back on topic, if the Wings get the top value for Kindl they might take it. I doubt they'll trade him, though.

Abdelkader? Well he's been very disappointing offensively this year and I think that's because he needed more seasoning in the AHL as an offensive guy. On the flip side his hitting has been great-- he's obviously there physically and can play the NHL game when it comes to his body. But is his head there yet? I don't know. His defense has been suspect and his offense has really dried up. I think a huge part of it is confidence and another problem is that he's fit himself in the grinder role a bit too well. I really hope Abs can be an offensive presense at the NHL level.

Helm? No way in hell. He hits, he skates and he can even provide some complimentary offense. They'd have to get an offer that far surpasses his value.

Two names: Gustav Nyquist, C - Maine, Brendan Smith, D - Wisconsin. Gustav is in the mold of Filppula...but shoots and scores. Smith will be a number 1/2 D-man in the league QB'n our PP and putting up some slick numbers. In the CHL we have Ferraro if he can stop getting injured. And we also have a slick short D-man over in Sweden that absolutely tore up the junior circuit over there and is doing very well for a youngin' in the main show.

So in short, we have some potential stars for sure, with Smith and Nyquist being the two most likely "right now" that have the ability to be stars or at least top tier players.

Tatar stand out above them in my opinion. Nyquist you can argue for but not Smith over Tatar. Look at what Tatar's done as the youngest player in the AHL. He's the first kid in the history of the Wings-Griffins relationship (8 years) to be sent to the AHL in his draft year.

It's very, very rare for players to go to the AHL at age 18. Very rare.

I think the is the opposite of what the Wings are going to be trying to do with most trades this season unless it is a lot of lower salaries + prospects for one medium/big salary type of guy.

judging from the highlights of tatar and ferraro they are both pretty good. From what I hear Tatar is tearing it up in the AHL

He was closing on a point per game performance before Christmas, but he's slumped a bit since coming back from the WJC. Right now he's got 10 goals and 11 assists in 32 games. Still very respectable for a 19 year old AHL rookie.

Tatar stand out above them in my opinion. Nyquist you can argue for but not Smith over Tatar. Look at what Tatar's done as the youngest player in the AHL. He's the first kid in the history of the Wings-Griffins relationship (8 years) to be sent to the AHL in his draft year.

It's very, very rare for players to go to the AHL at age 18. Very rare.

I'm just not totally sold on Tatar. He didn't do as well in the WJC this year that i thought he would. Hudler and Filppula tore up the AHL and Hudler tore it up at a substantially greater pace than Tatar "thus far". I just hope he doesn't turn into a Hudler, all offense and no defense.

I don't understand why you'd have Nyquist over Smith, pat least for me I see Smith turning out to be the better player while Nyquist is the most in the mold of a Red Wing since he plays unbelievable defense as well as excellent offense. Smith will be on the #1 PP in the next few years, or at least I think he will. Like I said, I see a more offense Filppula in Nyquist and a near identical match to Rafalski with Smith.

I'm just not totally sold on Tatar. He didn't do as well in the WJC this year that i thought he would. Hudler and Filppula tore up the AHL and Hudler tore it up at a substantially greater pace than Tatar "thus far". I just hope he doesn't turn into a Hudler, all offense and no defense.

I don't understand why you'd have Nyquist over Smith, pat least for me I see Smith turning out to be the better player while Nyquist is the most in the mold of a Red Wing since he plays unbelievable defense as well as excellent offense. Smith will be on the #1 PP in the next few years, or at least I think he will. Like I said, I see a more offense Filppula in Nyquist and a near identical match to Rafalski with Smith.

Ok, well Hudler and Filppula were "tearing it up" in the AHL at 22 years of age. In the previous years Hudler put up liek 40ish points or so, while Flip was playing in the Finnish league. At 19, Tatar still has 3 years to make that pace, and he's looked pretty good for a young guy in a men's league.

As far as Smith goes, he's playing well in his third year of college hockey, but is pretty short of his potential. So far he has been underwhelming and has a lot of off-ice issues. On the other hand, Nyquist just jumped into college hockey and has done well right off the bat. As far as Smith working the PP in the future, it all depends really. He's improved greatly, but he seems to be a slow learner at the same time.

do you think the red wings would be willing to part with prospects kindl and tatar or even abdelkader and helm? I dont want them to be traded but would kenny do it?

Players like Helm and Abby are what teams need for their 3rd and 4th line these days. Guys who can skate, play good D annd chip in a goal every so often. With a few more years under their belts they are gonna be the gritty vets we need. Hopefuly though they start to get more of an edge to their game.

He was closing on a point per game performance before Christmas, but he's slumped a bit since coming back from the WJC. Right now he's got 10 goals and 11 assists in 32 games. Still very respectable for a 19 year old AHL rookie.

I'm keeping my Tatar hopes down low, but I really, really, really am hoping he surprises me...........

Who am I kidding?

I can't wait to see what this kid can do in the next couple years. I'm excited.

It's probably too late to unload Kindl, as the word is out he's a bust. I've been hoping they would trade him for years or move him to forward or something. I guess Kenny's too proud to admit the truth.

Guest mindfly

Wonder why wings didn't pick any of these instead of Kindl (all picked between 20-30th overall in the 05 draft)

Tuukka Rask

Nicklas Bergfors

T. J. Oshie

Andrew Cogliano