• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/6 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Kings 4

Rate this topic

Absolutely atrocious period.

This should have been an easy cruise to victory after the first, but they let up too much. Some bad miscues and breaks there, but we've got to be better.

What makes you say that?

I didn't think we looked that bad.

Hank has 7 shots on goal... no else for the Wings has more than 1. This is the problem with our season, one guy working hard, everyone else watching him work hard.

Just when you think they might completely dominate a game, Bam, they forget to show up for the second period.WTF is going on here? Ericsson, learn how to clear guys out of the crease already. Just a pathetic second period. Hopefully that disgrace of a period is enough of awake up call, and they come out flying in the third. Lets go wings, you need these points!

The difference between this game and previous games is that, after blowing a lead on a flukie goal and a "dirty" goal, we came back with heart. Datsyuk and Z took the lead and started bashing some heads and we had a disciplined PK.

I still feel like this team is different than they were a few weeks ago.

Guest mindfly

So...

Wings score 3goals in the first

Kings score 3goals in the second

Wings lose: Holmstrom and Eaves to injury... Miller might be hurt after shotblock

Howard is shoking

YAY

Words I have used in the past 5 years for the Tigers, Lions and Pistons but NEVER the red wings, I might have to today....

...They snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory

Even they can't say anything positive about this team anymore.

This team right now looks like they have no desire to make the playoffs. The other teams in the West do.

This reminds me of the Rangers teams in the early part of the last decade. Great talent, but miss the playoffs and have a bunch of underachievers on their team. Pathetic.

I don't know what to say...

I don't think it's quite that bad, but something is not working. Since we started getting guys back the defense has gone back to SUFFERING on so many levels. We were terrible in October defensively, then guys got injured and we had to tighten up, then guys come back and we're sloppy again.

You can't make Ericsson grow up overnight. I don't know what Stuart's deal is lately. He was a rock for a long time when we needed it in a pinch but has been on-off to the extremes the last ten games or so. Kronwall can't seem to stay healthy. What can you expect from Meech and Lebda? Lids and Rafs are fine.

I don't know what you do there. Kronwall needs to stay healthy, Stuart needs to get his head back together and we could really use Lilja back here fast.

I'll tell you one thing though that I really don't like about this team right now: it seems lacking in chemistry. The Helm-Draper-Eaves line is a legitimate line. Dats-Homer-Bert was finally looking like a real good line. But everywhere in-between has been a mess...things changing every day, even throughout games.

But nothing's really clicking, hence why I'd like to see them make a move or two if only to try and change the formula a bit. I don't expect any big names to come or go, but I really think we need some balance. Balance will help create more cohesive lines and maybe then we could actually get some chemistry going now that most of our guys are back.

I'm still optimistic because I think a lot of the pieces are there and I think this team for the most part still has a lot of potential.

But something's not working.

Lol this is why I laughed when the wings front office told us not to expect to much out of this season. This team gives us reasons to have high expectations by gaining 3 goal leads. Then they just collapse and end up losing, when they should have won.

Franzen and Lilja cannot save this team, no drive to press a lead at all. Ericsson at this point can join Leino in Philly, this team does not need guys with potential, it needs guys who can play NOW.

Raflaski blaming the wings position completely on injuries is a joke, sure it aided but it is not the sole reason.