• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/6 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Kings 4

Rate this topic

I've been saying this for a while. I think the shelf life of a coach is about 3 - 4 years until players basically stop listening.

How exactly do you come to the conclusion that they aren't listening to him or he lost them? Because we are losing hockey games? I will say that his strategies are flawed in defending the lead but how do you figure he lost the team?

We really miss Holmstrom on the PP. We really miss some consistency on the defense. Stuart and Ericsson were beyond awful today. Every time they were out there it felt as though they were lucky if they made it off the ice without allowing a goal.

I can't really recall a time when they didn't leave the ice without conceding a goal first... Ericsson's mental vacation seemed to do the trick... maybe stuart needs one too..

What do you expect him to do with all the injuries? Honestly...

Well, to be honest, I think there are a lot more problems with this team when they're healthy then when they were "unhealthy." The chemistry has been utterly and completely absent whenever this team has been fairly healthy.

Q: "Mike, what's going thru your mind right now".

A: "Well, Trev, to perfectly honest - I'm very concerned about my job right now. I went with a hunch that Stewie and E would be a great match together based on the tea leaves I read in my tea cup this morning at the hotel. Also, who knew those goal posts were there? Did you know that doesn't even count as a shot on net? That doesn't seem fair... Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the olympics where I'll have a blue line that doesn't think they are playing in a non-check bear league."

Guest mindfly

Red wings 09/10 are about as good and solid as the economy in michigan.....................

Well, to be honest, I think there are a lot more problems with this team when they're healthy then when they were "unhealthy." The chemistry has been utterly and completely absent whenever this team has been fairly healthy.

Exactly. Even when healthy, this team looks shaky.

God forbid Ken Holland get off his ass and do something to make this team better. "Stay the course," and "We won't be active" should punch his ticket out of town.

And before you flame me because he's the "best GM in hockey," I say he's the luckiest.

The Wings consistently have low picks turn out to be gems----from Europe. That's Hakan Andersson's job, not Ken Holland. I am so sick of his lazy attitude, and yeah I'm venting, but come on. This team is barely a playoff contender. Why are we staying the course?

obviously you are just venting, but you are right that he does need to get off his ass. I mean you can't hate to much we have been to the cup twice and finals the year before. BUT obviously after the off season and how they are playing, something more then sending Leino away needs to be done.

Um, maybe it's time to realize that we have a brittle team and thus move out some of our fabrige' eggs?

Like who??? Eaves has been struggleing with ankle injury before he came to the Wing's. The rest besides Miller and his odd game he is out have barely gotten injured very much. Kronwall had his time but I'd like to see you take Laraques knee and walk away. Williams breaking his leg? What a *****. Franzen too? Holmstrom? Jeez.

First of all, yelling at Ken Holland to do something is just stupid. Anybody saying that doesn't have a grasp on reality or the Wings current situation.

Secondly, I've been the most optimistic person around about the Wings this season. All along, I've been kind of enjoying the stubbornness of the regular season and thought the adversity would only make them more dangerous if they were healthy entering the playoffs. There are a couple of problems with that now. (1) This is TOO MUCH ADVERSITY and there is no apparent desire from our core players to turn it around. (2) We aren't getting healthy. Having Franzen back is going to be huge, but of course it will come at the expense of three other forwards. I'm hoping Homer, Eaves and Miller are alright, but it just figures.

The Wings are in a very precarious spot right now and the schedule before the break isn't exactly full of sunshine. Playing on the road against a desperate St. Louis team, at home to a San Jose team that the Wings have played very well against all season but still are very scary and then finishing off against one of the hottest teams in the league, Ottawa. Long story short, the Wings need points in these final three games. 6 points would be superb, but 4 or 5 will keep them close. I'm hoping this loss to the Kings doesn't turn into anything more than it should.

Edited by RedWingsFanatic

How exactly do you come to the conclusion that they aren't listening to him or he lost them? Because we are losing hockey games? I will say that his strategies are flawed in defending the lead but how do you figure he lost the team?

Well, we've been in a nosedive for the past 2 seasons in terms of our defending/motivation/fluidity/chemistry/special teams play (specially PK)... and that's all a potential reflection of coaching or declining player quality.... and while the injuries have been brutal this year, this is still largely the same team that won the presidents trophy and cup in 08 with the least number of goals allowed that season... it's bizarre to me that the makeup of the team has changed so little, and yet the product on the ice is so atrocious.

Dallas has gotten a head start on Phoenix, which is not what we want, but elsewhere: if the Flames and Preds lose (distinct possibilities) the Wings end up exactly where they started the day. They can't keep wasting chances like this to gain points, and very soon they will be in a position to miss the playoffs for their mistakes, but they aren't done yet.

Well, we've been in a nosedive for the past 2 seasons in terms of our defending/motivation/fluidity/chemistry/special teams play (specially PK)... and that's all a potential reflection of coaching or declining player quality.... and while the injuries have been brutal this year, this is still largely the same team that won the presidents trophy and cup in 08 with the least number of goals allowed that season... it's bizarre to me that the makeup of the team has changed so little, and yet the product on the ice is so atrocious.

Last season was a nosedive?

I agree its the players on the ice, but repeatedly blowing leads is a reflection on the coach. Bad defensive pairings are a reflection on the coach. Lack of PP, defensive net coverage, and even blown OT points is a reflection on the coach.

Basically when a team chronically and repeatedly under-performs you either change some players or you change the coach. That's been the formula in sports forever.

What do you expect him to do with all the injuries? Honestly...

Excuses are like assholes only s*** comes out. No seriously that one has been beaten to death. The fact is they just don't have it this year. Terrible seasons for Z, Pasha, Nik, and Rafi spells doom for Wings. They could get hot at the right time and go on a run, but I don't see it happening. If they continue playing like this they won't even make the playoffs.

Q: "Mike, what's going thru your mind right now".

A: "Well, Trev, to perfectly honest - I'm very concerned about my job right now. I went with a hunch that Stewie and E would be a great match together based on the tea leaves I read in my tea cup this morning at the hotel. Also, who knew those goal posts were there? Did you know that doesn't even count as a shot on net? That doesn't seem fair... Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the olympics where I'll have a blue line that doesn't think they are playing in a non-check bear league."

Bear league? Sounds dangerous. Send in the players who aren't hustling. They will against a bear. :)

Well that is expected. New guys come back and have to get used to playing and guys who have been playing need to play with guys coming back from injury. They need an adjustment period but we haven't had that. Every time someone comes back someone new goes down.

First of all, yelling at Ken Holland to do something is just stupid. Anybody saying that doesn't have a grasp on reality or the Wings current situation.

Secondly, I've been the most optimistic person around about the Wings this season. All along, I've been kind of enjoying the stubbornness of the regular season and thought the adversity would only make them more dangerous if they were healthy entering the playoffs. There are a couple of problems with that now. (1) This is TOO MUCH ADVERSITY and there is no apparent desire from our core players to turn it around. (2). We aren't getting healthy. Having Franzen back is going to be huge, but of course it will come at the expense of three other forwards. I'm hoping Homer, Eaves and Miller are alright, but it just figures.

The Wings are in a very precarious spot right now and the schedule before the break isn't exactly full of sunshine. Playing on the road against a desperate St. Louis team, at home to a San Jose team that the Wings have played very well against all season but still are very scary and then finishing off against one of the hottest teams in the league, Ottawa. Long story short, the Wings need points in these final three games. 6 points would be superb, but 4 or 5 will keep them close. I'm hoping this loss to the Kings doesn't turn into anything more than it should.

Oh, ok then. Yelling at Ken Holland is stupid, but not trying to right the ship because of "too much adversity" and our core players not caring=makes sense.

If your core players aren't playing hard, f**k up their lives by sending their ass out of town. The ones that stick around realize that it could happen to them and start playing well.

Trade 1 core player and see what happens. I guarantee they start playing better, so long as the deal is BEFORE the deadline and they realize it can happen again and playing on the Red Wings doesn't mean that you will stick around forever "because its an awesome organization" regardless of your play.

If I recall correctly, Kenny Holland has never had a s***ty season like this before. He called this season from the get go, so why bash him? He pre-warned us like Miss Cleo.

cleo6.jpg

He also caused it by being stupid enough to not foresee all his FA's walking.

He played it conservative and watched everyone walk. I know he hates dealing guys away, but this team is now incredibly unbalanced and it's because Holland didn't have the spine to make moves to keep some of the guys who PUT THE ******* PUCK IN THE NET...damn, sorry, that's anger at the team. Don't take it personally...

You look at this team after the Finals and you get honest about what some of these guys can do instead of expecting guys like Cleary, Flip and Leino to just magically make up for guys in case everyone jumps ship. It was a stupid thing to do.

You balance your team out with proven guys that play a certain role or you have s***ty-ass seasons like this.

Again, this team looks it's worst when healthy, and that's Hollands team. He gets absolutely no pass in my book. If anything, I blame him almost entirely for how f***ed this season is.

shake it up time.

if possible to get his salary off the roster, waive rafalski (only because he is 6mil) pick up a good forward and a large d-man that can actually clear the net. I don't think this move would hurt the team at all but it would certainly send a message that no one is safe.

if they can, send Ericsson down to GR.

wait, nothing is going to help these guys they already have the talent to win, yet after a string of blown leads and losses they still lack the heart to press and hold a lead, nothing they do is going to help this situation and only a miracle will see this team to the playoffs.

not bandwagon, just being a realist, injuries do not cost blown leads, lack of heart and determination do.