• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Winged_Wheeler

How does Brad McCrimmon STILL have a job?

Rate this topic

For those of you who don't know, Brad McCrimmon is in charge of the defense. Ever since the 2008-2009 season, the year he first joined the coaching staff, our defense has been terrible, haven't you noticed that? We went from one of the best defensive teams to one of the worst in a matter of two seasons. The difference between last season and this season is that last season we had the depth to score goals, we were insanely good offensively...Players have left and we're not capable of producing that offensive anymore. We're forced to be poised into an elite defensive team, like in 2007-2008. But with McCrimmon running the defense, he's not living up to expectations and ultimately leading our defense into "un-Red Wing like" hockey.

Is anyone on the same page as me?

This organization isn't so shortsighted to fire Babcock.

not for one season of this bulls***. If we miss the playoffs are make it and get knocked out early, then the same type of s*** happens next season, yeah, then he's in trouble.

shortsighted? do you mean that the Wings got bored of giving up 2-goal leads, and decided to make things more 'interesting' (i.e 3-goal leads?)

Jimmy D called it, this season is a really tough one for the Wings, but how else can this inconsistency be explained? Play great against THE BEST TEAM in the league (Sharks) one night, and sqander leads left and right in other games?

Edited by hardcoretom21

I don't mean to stir the pot here, but does anyone think that Babs' jobs is in jeopardy?

No. If we were hovering around 9th place with a healthy team, then maybe, maybe yes. You don't fire a coach for not being able to turn rookie d-men and waiver pickups into Superstar game-winners.

not for one season of this bulls***. If we miss the playoffs are make it and get knocked out early, then the same type of s*** happens next season, yeah, then he's in trouble.

Look what happened to Dave Lewis.

Mike Illitch won't put up with another season of bulls***.

I don't mean to stir the pot here, but does anyone think that Babs' jobs is in jeopardy?

Your dreaming. Babs job is secure for at least 2/3 more years. One s***ty year is not going to get Babs fired. Three years of this crap, maybe. For now, he goes nowhere.

After the cup win, maybe Ken Holland figured the older players wont be around much longer, and since the traditional puck possession style is rare in the "new NHL', they figured its time to starting phasing in a new game style more suited for the evolving NHL ( faster, more offensive) with a new D coach (McCrimmon) and, maybe some younger speedier players.....and cap issues. And since they got back to the finals the next year, maybe they thought the new style is a success so they kept it going. Well, with an aged Lidstrom, younger or weaker defense then the previous years, and a ton of injuries, we're seeing that they've made a big mistake..

Babcock is not at fault. McCrimmon's defense doesn't fit here. Go back to the old puck possession style and you will find success. I mean, our star players are struggling, and there is no longer a "product of the system" player. Maybe this also played a role in losing some players this offseason.

Edited by CMatt89

You're talking about the Dave Lewis who had a ton of success in the playoffs as a head coach, right?

In full support of this thread. The stats are there.

2008: 184 GA

2009: 244 GA

This year the Wings are getting some of the best goaltending they've had in years and they're still on pace for 220+ GA

Babs will stay, people are crazy to think otherwise. But McCrimmon 100% don't let the door hit you on the way out buddy.

Wow, the level of BS is just rising and rising..

For the first time in what .. 21 years this team is struggling to make the playoffs and suddenly the assisent coach in charge of defense isn't good enough and has to go ?

Are we that out of people to blame ?

Dave Lewis had a good team, and didn't have 9 players injured for the majority of the season. think about what you say.

For the first time in what .. 21 years this team is struggling to make the playoffs and suddenly the assisent coach in charge of defense isn't good enough and has to go ?

Professional sports isn't a pillow fight.

Do your job or enjoy the free bus ride out of town. It's that simple.

Edit: forgot to include the world "sports". lol

Edited by Drake_Marcus

McCrimmon's always been a problem. I've been saying it for ages. He destroyed the defensive system on the Wings in addition to the PK, two elements of the Wings' game that TANKED once he came aboard.

Look at other teams on which he was assistant coach and how their defensive and PK ranking plummet after he takes the job. It's stunning.

Professional sports isn't a pillow fight.

Do your job or enjoy the free bus ride out of town. It's that simple.

Edit: forgot to include the world "sports". lol

It's not about this man doing his job or not

This is just disgruntled fans looking for a scapegoat.

May, Leino, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Osgood, Draper, Rafalski, Ericsson, Stuart and now we've arrived at the coaching staff.

Next week it's Karen Newman..

" Does she have to sing so loud ? "

No.

It's not about this man doing his job or not

This is just disgruntled fans looking for a scapegoat.

May, Leino, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Osgood, Draper, Rafalski, Ericsson, Stuart and now we've arrived at the coaching staff.

Next week it's Karen Newman..

" Does she have to sing so loud ? "

It is impossible to deny that overall the Wings defense the past two season has gone downhill. I don't get on the coaching staff or McCrimmon's case like some do in here but lately the blown leads have just been terrible. I don't get too worked up if 2-goal leads are blown, it is definitely not unusual (even Phoenix when they scored both late to tie up), but three goals up is absolutely no excuse whatsoever. A lot of it has to do with player execution, or lack thereof, but the caoching staff or defensive coach has to play a part of this as well.

I'd hardly call McCrimmon a scapegoate with the Wings defensive play lately.

babcock has been brilliant and i stand by him 100%, he has made the team from a offensive superpower into a deffensive club in only one season, same coach and almost a completely different system. he knew howard was our only chance to make the playoffs and i would say our whole team is based around tight d now