No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

Wings NOT done dealing ?!

Rate this topic

February 7, 2010 // 1:15am ET

Wings aren't likely done dealing

TheFourthPeriod.com

The Red Wings traded forward Ville Leino yesterday to make room for Johan Franzen, a move GM Ken Holland may have to complete again, reports the Detroit Free Press.

Veteran defenseman Andreas Lilja is nearing a return to the ice after spending several months recovering from a concussion.

Holland is looking to make room under the salary cap to accommodate Lilja by Friday, a decision he doesn't take lightly given he was forced into dealing Leino.

"With Johan coming back, we had to make a tough decision on how to fit him in under the cap world," Holland told the Free Press.

The Wings are also believed to be in the market for a top-six winger, though it's uncertain if they can swing a deal that makes sense under the cap.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det100207.html

any thoughts of possible deals or players realisticly you think we should go after ?

I wouldn't expect the Wings to add anyone. It just seems far too impossible with the cap. They would need to make a huge splash in order to make something happen. That would mean moving someone like Cleary, Williams, Bertuzzi, Fillpula, Stuart, Lilja, or a combination of those players would be necessary to bring in anyone who is established.

Personally I would love to see Williams and Bertuzzi moved for a top six player in the 2.5-2.75 million dollar range. I am sick of his turnovers. I think the entire season was put in jepordy when they signed him to 1.5 million. There were so many other players that could have made a much bigger impact.

I said at the time that I wanted Prospal, and he is having a huge season in NYR.

I just would like someone who doesn't turn the puck over.

i would like to see personally rafalski moved hes to soft,to many bad passes, not to great in his own end and his contract is crazy, some people might argue my points but lets be honest here a 13 year would look good when you playing with big nick id like to see rafalski gone. ive read a few places that the stars are looking for a new goalie and defense so they might be able to make some kind of deal if thats true. it would be amazing if they did to snag a guy like lui eriksson from the stars only making 1.6mill ! 24 yrs old big,swedish lol, 22G 31A in 58 games i know its a long shot but there has been worse and crazier trades this season already.plus the wings have guys like lilja coming back and janik and kindl ready to step in at anytime.

i would like to see personally rafalski moved hes to soft,to many bad passes, not to great in his own end and his contract is crazy, some people might argue my points but lets be honest here a 13 year would look good when you playing with big nick id like to see rafalski gone. ive read a few places that the stars are looking for a new goalie and defense so they might be able to make some kind of deal if thats true. it would be amazing if they did to snag a guy like lui eriksson from the stars only making 1.6mill ! 24 yrs old big,swedish lol, 22G 31A in 58 games i know its a long shot but there has been worse and crazier trades this season already.plus the wings have guys like lilja coming back and janik and kindl ready to step in at anytime.

He has a no trade clause. Highly unlikely.

Yeah but guys like that aren't on the market.

I'd be more willing to read and/or agree with anything you ever said if you used some sort of sentence structure or proper punctuation. I know that it's pretty difficult, but if you'd like to give it some effort, I'd consider not ignoring every one of your posts.

i dont care if you ignore them i think you have some sort of *** man crush on me that you feel the need to come on to all my post and send the same msgs incase you didnt notice this is the first time im replying to you. so what you have to say really doesnt matter to me lol

i dont care if you ignore them i think you have some sort of *** man crush on me that you feel the need to come on to all my post and send the same msgs incase you didnt notice this is the first time im replying to you. so what you have to say really doesnt matter to me lol

If I recall, this is the first time I've said anything. I'll check for you in case I'm wrong. Regardless, I know it's the internet, the place where anyone and their 5 year old daughter can come to share their opinions, and I know there are no interner grammar police, but your posts are downright embarrassing to language in general. Plus, the fact that you even replied to me shows that you care, even if it's just a little bit.

Edit: Yeah, your "man crush" argument is invalid, as I've never said anything to you before my original reply. Do yourself a favor and give your sentence structure a little thought if you're going to expect anyone to read what you have to say.

Edited by lookalive07

I would love to see holmstrom moved for Ryan Malone from Tampa Bay, I think the salaries are similar. They are similar players but Ryan does a little more, better skater and puck handler, does the little things. Tampa might do this to free up cap space next year. This would add a huge boost to our top two lines.

I would love to see holmstrom moved for Ryan Malone from Tampa Bay, I think the salaries are similar. They are similar players but Ryan does a little more, better skater and puck handler, does the little things. Tampa might do this to free up cap space next year. This would add a huge boost to our top two lines.

This would, and should, never happen... Homer is great for this team and is one of our leading scorers... his power play abilities make him vastly important to this team, and it has shown since he has been gone.

I'd be more willing to read and/or agree with anything you ever said if you used some sort of sentence structure or proper punctuation. I know that it's pretty difficult, but if you'd like to give it some effort, I'd consider not ignoring every one of your posts.

someone ripped me a new one about the same thing...now i try to type more good n stuff, bro, s***s crazy, and i would like to see rafffy go he can drink beer, eat a sausage/bacon while farting o canada. and, yeah. maltby is gonna get waived. he sucks, my ass/balls..just kidding/being, a jerk. :rolleyes:

its funny how some people care so much about how people write on here, im not on here to waste me time, im on here to get my msgs up quick and thats all i dont care if you dont like how or what i write if you hate it so much dont come and read them

its funny how some people care so much about how people write on here, im not on here to waste me time, im on here to get my msgs up quick and thats all i dont care if you dont like how or what i write if you hate it so much dont come and read them

You may not be here to waste your time, but your atrocious grammar is a waste of our time to try to decipher. Not to mention, is it really that hard to type the language correctly? I guarantee using correct grammar will not increase the time it takes for you to post here, unless you're really just that ignorant and don't know how to use correct grammar in the first place.

This would, and should, never happen... Homer is great for this team and is one of our leading scorers... his power play abilities make him vastly important to this team, and it has shown since he has been gone.

If you compare Ryan Malone is scoring at a better rate, is more efficient, has more assists. He is quite a bit younger as Holmstrom is getting up there. Holmstrom isn't a franchise player that we should just let retire without getting something back now for him. Ryan Malone would add more to this team then Holmstrom can right now even when healthy.

someone ripped me a new one about the same thing...now i try to type more good n stuff, bro, s***s crazy, and i would like to see rafffy go he can drink beer, eat a sausage/bacon while farting o canada. and, yeah. maltby is gonna get waived. he sucks, my ass/balls..just kidding/being, a jerk. :rolleyes:

You realize that Rafalski is American right? In fact from Michigan? Why would he sing the Canadian National Anthem?

If you compare Ryan Malone is scoring at a better rate, is more efficient, has more assists. He is quite a bit younger as Holmstrom is getting up there. Holmstrom isn't a franchise player that we should just let retire without getting something back now for him. Ryan Malone would add more to this team then Holmstrom can right now even when healthy.

why would tampa bay trade malone for holmstrom? holmer hasnt been healthy for like 2-3 years now.