• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Wings To Make Another Move This Week?

Rate this topic

Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it, well for some people. Rafalski's numbers his first two seasons in Detroit definitely warranted his contract. He is still a consistent + player and although he is taken a slip in points this year (not as much as a few others on the wings) he is still a good D man. He certainly isn't the only wing not earning his money but does that mean they should trade all underachievers? People here consistently trash Rafalski for some reason. He would still be a top two dman on all but half a dozen teams and for his size is a ridiculous one on one defender...After his play the last two seasons, and his career for that matter, I think he deserves what he gets. Just my opinion. I was excited when we signed him and am still happy he is a wing.

rafalski's contract is crazy there is no doubt about that he defintly does not deserve 6 mill a season when lidstrom is only making 7.5 and kronwall is making like 3. kronwall is a better all round defense man then rafalski is, rafalski should be in the 3-4 mill range. i personally would like to see

kronwall-lidstrom

stuart-rafalski

ericsson-lebda/janik/lilja

if rafalski had the contract he deserved the wings would have that little extra cap space to play with

I dont study the ins and outs of this like most of you do, so I will admit I dont know as much about the subject matter as you do. But the way I see it, the Wings need a sniper. A player who can be counted on to get a goal in a shootout or breakaway. If the Wings are already at the salary cap I dont see how they can trade for a sniper without trading four or five players for one sniper. Thats not likely to happen unless the sniper and his team dont like each other and both want to make a change. Guys like Hossa, Ovechkin, Heatly, etc dont get traded that often and I dont think we have anybody that any team would want for a good sniper, at least not the way we are playing this year. Joe S

As has been pointed out, people on LGW think that Atlanta would give up their now-leading scorer for some odds and ends (when the guy in question is only making 800k, which really only makes him more valuable).

Atlanta is not in the playoffs nor will they be. Calgary is at the moment and could end up making them.

Umm, Atlanta is only 3 points out of a playoff spot.

I'm aware. But without Kovalchuk they aren't going far. Just my opinion. In terms of looking at teams being sellers, its more likely that the 11th seed in the East would be a seller than the 7th seed from the West.

-Miller and May waived

-Meech possibly (I doubt he would get much in the trade market, if anything)

or

-Trade or Waive(doubtful) Lebda. (only reason to keep is experience over Meech)

or

-Trade or Waive(last resort) Williams

Another thought, with Kindl on the rise, maybe Holland does go for a big move at the deadline that includes Kindl and Cleary (along with Williams and/or Lebda) and getting a rental or a prospect or decent draft picks. Even though Kindl seems promising and most likely will never be moved for a rental, he looks good on the trade market. Also, with the possibility of Lidstrom retiring, maybe they are looking to clear up even more space to get a big named defenseman (since Kronwall can't be relied upon to lead the defense) and/or a big named winger in the off season.

-Lilja on the move at the deadline if plays a good few games? hard to imagine, but he is a cup winning veteran, also a huge risk rental for a contender..

Edited by CMatt89

-Miller and May waived

or

or

Another thought, with Kindl on the rise, maybe Holland does go for a big move at the deadline that includes Kindl and Cleary (along with Williams and/or Lebda) and getting a rental or a prospect or decent draft picks. Even though Kindl seems promising and most likely will never be moved for a rental, he looks good on the trade market. Also, with the possibility of Lidstrom retiring, maybe they are looking to clear up even more space to get a big named defenseman (since Kronwall can't be relied upon to lead the defense) and/or a big named winger in the off season.

-Lilja on the move at the deadline if plays a good few games? hard to imagine, but he is a cup winning veteran, also a huge risk rental for a contender..

No. None of that will ever happen.

to be honest the only thing i see the wings doing before the deadline is another deal like the leino one. dump a guy like lebda,meech,may and maybe miller for picks just to make more cap space to make room for the regular guys to come back, then in the off-season i can see them making more of a splash when they have like 10 mill cap space and maybe another 7.5 depending on what lidstrom does.

No team "selling" at the deadline will be interested in our one-year or last-year-remaining contract guys -- why the heck would a non-playoff team be interested in a rental?

No seller will be interested in the likes of Williams, Miller, Bertuzzi, Maltby, Lilja, Holmstrom, May... and even Lebda.

Miller and Eaves will be RFAs, so might get a tiny interest.

Lebda and some of the others could still get interest from a "buyer" still in playoff contention... but I doubt Holland is that interested in helping too many playoff teams this year, at the very least no Western Conference teams.

In summary: Holland is probably looking to shop Lebda (or whatever he needs to) to an Eastern Conference team in playoff contention (for whatever draft pick he can get).

Edited by egroen

I more realistic trade would be Williams, Lebda and a draft pick for Afinogenov. I know thats a lot to give away for a player but we need to lose some cap space and Afinogenov would not come cheap. It would also depend on Atlanta future plan are they going to try and rebuilt from what they have or just clean the top few lines and use the off season to rebuilt. We are not going to get a even trade any where we go because teams know we are looking to get rid of players. My guess for a trade would be william, Lebda and a draft pick for Afinogenov.

I more realistic trade would be Williams, Lebda and a draft pick for Afinogenov. I know thats a lot to give away for a player but we need to lose some cap space and Afinogenov would not come cheap. It would also depend on Atlanta future plan are they going to try and rebuilt from what they have or just clean the top few lines and use the off season to rebuilt. We are not going to get a even trade any where we go because teams know we are looking to get rid of players. My guess for a trade would be william, Lebda and a draft pick for Afinogenov.
That draft pick would have to be something like 2nd or 1st rounder to make the deal acceptable for Atlanta.

how about a reply worth talking about, thats what all these threads are about...fans discussion. not you being a ****** bag

I just don't see them trading Cleary at all, not mention he has a NTC. A Kindl is in the plan to be a bottom pair defensemen next year, so I don't see them trading him. They have to get rid of May, but he would be worthless in a trade. Lebda or Meech will probably be gone though, or both. I really don't think they would trade one of the free agents they signed in the offseason, especially because he has been hurt for the most of the year. Truth is, we don't have enough guys we are willing to give up for a decent player. Lebda, Meech, and May are probably the only viable options.

-Miller and May waived

or

or

I dont think any of these are ganna happen. The forst one about waiving Miller nad MAy doesnt make sense. May myabe, but Miller has been outstanding for us and i see him signing long term over being waived. he brings alot to the game and has been a high note on this team in my book. May, yeah he is expendable i would waive him, hasnt really contributed anything.

the Lebda one is the most realistic but trading lebda will be a challenge. Hes not a great Dman, hes go some speed which might factor in to his value but i dont think anything more than a 4th or 5th rounder would come back in return, which at this point isnt that bad since the wings strive in late round picks.

I dont see us trading Williams, and here is why. Babcock, like bowman, likes to have a forwards shot on the point during the PP. Babcock likes to have a right handed shot out there as he did with Williams in the past and then sammy and now williams again. not to mention the fact that Williams has been injured all season and hasnt really had a "tryout" period with the wings this season nor has any team really seen what he can/cant do so he really has no trade value at this point.

as for the Kindl cleary package, i think Cleary has a NTC and Kindl is the hyped up replacement for Lidstrom (If he EVER retires, hopefully not!) i dont see the wings throwing away the future for a rental player. Just not really Hollands style. I think this is out of the relm of possibility,

Lilja has value on this team, especially i nthe blocked shots category which the wings havent been the strongest in. I think its best to try and keep him. Other teams will see he comes with a steep price for a player that is injury prone now (since concussions are usualy a reoccuring injury), and i dont think many teams would take the chance on him for the price. Our best bet is to just keep him.

Realistically i would waive lebda and may and see if we get any bites. Or try to make a trade to bring in a guy thats paid under a million that might be able to contribute (afinigonov), although very unlikely.

thanks for discussing. I don't think Miller will continue to impress as the season comes to a close. He was a good fit for the style of play that was implemented due to injury. With a full lineup,

I didn't know about Cleary's NTC nor would I like to see him go, but, him with a prospect (Kindl) could be used as decent pieces to a nice package deal. It's not gonna happen (because of the NTC)...but, it's fun to play Ken Holland like everyone does on here. Who knows how Kindl will play in the big club...

I hope they don't move Ericsson like I've seen a few people on her mention. They need to let him play his own game. Let him fight more, let him sit in the box a little more so he won't be over or misused during games leading to silly turnovers. He's a good 3rd pairing guy thats likes to get a little reckless. Let him be that guy. He's huge, use his body to your advantage.

The Wings had a scout at the Oilers/Kings game last night.

I say were getting Lubomir Visnovsky! He'd fit in nicely and hasn't produced to their expectations as he did in LA.

The Wings had a scout at the Oilers/Kings game last night.

Mickey Redmond did say that Holland said we'll be making a roster change by the end of Friday (2/12/10) during last nights game. We'll see what happens in a matter of hours.