• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DRWfan

Babcock's days are numbered?

Rate this topic

I hate to say it, but watching how the team plays since game 6 last year finals, tells me that there is some kind of conflict between players and the coach. The only explanation to the way they stopped playing yesterday after the first period (being 3:0 against Kings) is that they want to get rid of him. I will laugh my ass out, if canadian olympic national team will have two coaches, who were fired few weeks prior to the games... What do you think colleagues?

Edited by DRWfan

I hate to say it, but watching how the team plays since game 6 last year finals, tells me that there is some kind of conflict between players and the coach. The only explanation to the way they stopped playing yesterday after the first period (being 3:0 against Kings) is that they want to get rid of him. I will laugh my ass out, if canadian olympic national team will have two coaches, who were fired few weeks prior to the games... What do you think colleagues?

:rolleyes:

Wow.

So, you think that they just decided to stop playing right before game 7 of the finals?

And now they're risking their careers (many UFAs/RFAs after this year), or at least a lot of money, to spite their coach?

AND, on top of THAT, you think that Steve Yzerman, who played for Babcock, and is close personal friends with many of the players, chose Babcock for Team Canada and completely ignored this?

AND, that our players are so petty and classless that they'd tank a season because they don't like someone?

Wow.

Edited by Zetts

Guest mindfly
Why? Because Osgood is our 2nd goalie???

No because I think a change would be good, and babcock has been here since the lockout, it's time to move on find another coach, new inspiration, a new voice.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I think Ken Hitchcock is nothing but a fat guy in a suit. a suit dummy. regular dummy, and about 40 other varieties of dummy.

He said at the start of this year that the BJ's would be atop the Red Wings in the division this year. Detroit has had it's worst season in 15 years or so, and they STILL didnt get this done.

He's a joke and ought never coach NHL or any other kind of hockey EVER.

Babcock on the other hand will lead Canada to the promise land.

Are you insinuating he personally went to all of his players homes or whatever and physically assaulted them causing all of these injuries and thus causing this s***storm of season? Suuuurrreeeee blame the coach for the mickey mouse performance of this season. What are they? The ******* Maple Leafs or something?

Guest ZetterbergFourty
I see this thread going very badly, very quickly. Maybe I'm wrong, but......

yeah, lets replace it with a "Babcock SUCKS" thread.

no

There is actually talk on here about Babcock should not be the red wings coach? If anyone knew anything about hockey, its a lot about chemistry. So lets see, there were 6 guys out at once, which is all kinds, it breaks up chemistry. Guys like Datsyuk and Zetterbergs numbers suffer because they don't have that chemistry.

On top of that, when you have to change every single line game in and game out due to injuries, its hard to get use to playing with new people. Then that suffers your production from all your lines. It's one big chain reaction.

Once everyone is back, and Stuart learns how to play some D and Ozzie gets back to his winning ways, The wings should be looking good before the playoffs and Babcock will be in Detroit for quite a few years.

I think that faulty logic is not your friend here.

unbelieveable...

terrible idea....lets fire a coach that has brought us to the western conference title...a stanley cup championship...and a stanley cup finals...and is the head coach of the Canadian Olympic team....

it is not Babs fault that we are in the position we are in...its a combination of horrible luck with injuries...some chemistry problems with the players...and the huge change over of new faces on this team...

bad years happen people...its just the way it is...if we make the play offs it will be a huge accomplishment in my opinion...

so dont give me that crap about Babs being the problem here...

Don't care how much you hate your coach. No player game 6 in the finals is gonna send his coach a message. At that point, they want a cup.

who ever started this thread is an absolute idiot, since scotty, babcock has been one of the better coaches this organization has had. Let's be honest no one thought this summer we would lose all of :Hossa, Conklin, Hudler, Kopecky, and Samuelsson. For a team to win you need chemistry and with what little chemistry that developed b/t our replacement players, and the hits we've taken from injury, its not the fault of the coaching staff, and Ken Holland knows that.

I thought Babcock was a good coach until watching Canada play tonight. There is no way in hell a good coach rolls his worst lines in overtime.

Morrow is a gamechanger and every shift he had was a beauty yet his TOI is non-existant.

Wow. Okay, lets get rid of the coach that's sent us to three straight conference finals appearances and two straight Stanley Cup Finals. No coach has had that much success in Detroit in a long time, if ever. If you're willing to give him up, you seriously want this team to fall apart!

No coach has had that much success in Detroit in a long time, if ever.

Ever? How about in the last 20 years?

Scotty Bowman

1995 Finals; Lost to NJ

1996 WC Finals, Lost to Colorado

1997 Finals; Won Cup

1998 Finals; Won Cup

1999 2nd round; Lost to Colorado (Osgood injured, Ranford sucked)

Pay attention or something.