• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BuckeyeWingsfan80

Is anyone watching the Caps and Pens

Rate this topic

Well s***. Tie game. Ovechkin is just sick. I had a feeling early on that the Caps would pull this one out. They've got all the momentum in the world right now. We know too well how games like this end up going...

If it wasn't Crosby it would be somebody else..the NHL is trying to raise it's profile in society and they need to push a face that the public can identify with their league, it happens to be Crosby. It is no different with the NBA ( LeBron and Kobe) or the NFL ( Manning and Brady); of course once that player has been "chosen" everything they do is under a microscope which leads to more intense criticism....Crosby is not the biggest complainer in the NHL, not by a longshot but because the Pens are always on national TV people see him complaining the most, which leads to that assumption. Also every time Crosby talks to the refs, the anti-Crosby crowd brands it as whining, and don't get me wrong sometimes it is... but he does have a C on his chest and he's proven to be a pretty good captain so far and part of that is interacting with the officials.

Okay, I'm biased as a Crosby-hater, so full disclosure and all that...

Can you remember a time EVER (before Crosby, of course) that a player actually complained to the refs to have them tell the crowd to stop throwing hats after a hat trick? I'm asking seriously here. Because if not, it's crap like that that gives Crosby the "whining" reputation he so deserves.

On that note, nice to see Ovechkin get another hat trick playing against the Pens. :P

Man, I hate hearing this crew do these national games. Doc Emerick just croaks and Pierre flat out sucks. If this is the team we get for national broadcasts, no wonder the game doesn't have a favorable view in most fringe markets.

I'm not saying that I don't want the Wings to win or anything, but I predicted a Hawks-Caps Stanley Cup Finals in the off-season. I still think that's as good of a bet as any...

For the east, I think it will be the Devils or the Pens (unfortunately)... the Caps still seem to have too many defensive issues come playoff time.

Guest Lidstromboli

i hate doc's voice but i think he does a good job of making the game exciting