• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Valtteri Filppula appreciation

Rate this topic

Filppula has 780:34 TOI this year, Carcillo has 760:20. But Filppula also has 50 minutes of Shorthanded TOI.

But frankly your argument is stupid. Who cares about Carcillo? Plus everyone knows Filppula is never going to be a great goal scorer. I'd be surprised if he ever tops 25 goals.

At the end, when was the last time you could say that Carcillo carried his team offensively? Ummm...never, most likely. Definitely not this year at least. His only 2 points games came on a 5-2 win over Buffalo and a 7-2 trouncing of Tampa Bay.

When was the last time you could say that about Flip? Uhh..Saturday?

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Filppula has 780:34 TOI this year, Carcillo has 760:20. But Filppula also has 50 minutes of Shorthanded TOI.

But frankly your argument is stupid. Who cares about Carcillo? Plus everyone knows Filppula is never going to be a great goal scorer. I'd be surprised if he ever tops 25 goals.

At the end, when was the last time you could say that Carcillo carried his team offensively? Ummm...never, most likely. Definitely not this year at least. His only 2 points games came on a 5-2 win over Buffalo and a 7-2 trouncing of Tampa Bay.

:notworthy: All hail ZDC, the President of the United Valtteri Filppula Alliance

What type of player he's going to be??? IMO he's 3rd line center who can play on PK. If that's the case well he's well overpaid.

For the second part - that argument can be used for Flip-flop also...

What type of player he's going to be??? IMO he's 3rd line center who can play on PK. If that's the case well he's well overpaid.

Going to be when? Maybe if he's still playing at 35 he'll only be a third line center who can play on the PK.

Right now he is a second line center who would put up 60+ points easily with competent line mates over an entire season.

Actually, I like to think myself an honest individual so that isn't quite accurate. In 2 of the 5 games I took out for him playing on the third line, he did score 3 of those points. So I guess 22 points in 27 games. 67 point pace.

I guess he's still overpaid.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Actually, I like to think myself an honest individual so that isn't quite accurate. In 2 of the 5 games I took out for him playing on the third line, he did score 3 of those points. So I guess 22 points in 27 games. 67 point pace.

I guess he's still overpaid.

Let's take just this game as exemple - he's on pace for 82 goals... :)

The top threads on this forum are a joke. We should be talking about how awesome our own players were tonight.

You are probably right... I'm might be hard on Flip-flop cause I think that he can be better, I may be wrong...

Fil was great at both ends of the rink today. Like I said in the GDT, one of the best games I've seen him play. Hope him and Z can keep this kind of chemistry up because they looked to be really clicking.

I was definitely a little hesitant to see Fil and Z play together. We've seen both in Red Wings and Team Finland games how Fil plays better when he gets to skate through the middle of the ice. Also, I wouldn't say he's bad along the boards but it is a little troublesome to watch him battle there sometimes. Having him at the wing places him right into that kind of spot where he struggles from time to time.

Overall though, he and his linemates are producing and we're enjoying the ride.

His goal tonight was interesting. At first when I saw it I thought it looked a tad lucky. It's probably more about him still getting used to shooting more and me not used to seeing him take those kind of shots and actually landing on net.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

His goal tonight was interesting. At first when I saw it I thought it looked a tad lucky. It's probably more about him still getting used to shooting more and me not used to seeing him take those kind of shots and actually landing on net.

I still have not had the chance to watch the game (tivoed it, got a huge subfinal tmrw) but I've noticed the more he relys on his instincts the better he is. He is starting to realise that he isn't Datsyuk and has stopped using these bogus moves that don't work, instead going for his underutiilized shot and utilizing his above average hands (before I felt as if he was overdoing it/forcing it) that feel natural.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Filppula's goal from the Pens game #2 on ESPN's top-ten plays *******

I still have not had the chance to watch the game (tivoed it, got a huge subfinal tmrw) but I've noticed the more he relys on his instincts the better he is. He is starting to realise that he isn't Datsyuk and has stopped using these bogus moves that don't work, instead going for his underutiilized shot and utilizing his above average hands (before I felt as if he was overdoing it/forcing it) that feel natural.

Yeah you should watch the game because... well, I don't know about anyone else but to me it looks like he was doing a Datsyukian impression out there the way he was handling the puck at times. He attempted a good amount of shots for his standards. Or at least, it seemed that way; I haven't looked at the stats.

At times it looks really ugly when he's fighting along the boards for the puck. You can tell he's being aggressive but maybe needs to be a little smarter.

Oh and I definitely was not a fan of that sequence of multiple shots from Maxi Pad and then a small shot from behind (surprise, surprise) from Whiny Face.

Once he really learns how to make a pass by bouncing the puck off the goalie's pads for a rebound his point totals should increase a bit.

It's not at the same level obviously but it's one of the reasons why Gustav Nyquist has much more points this year. Some of his assists were just shots on the net that came back out for rebounds.

Yes, it was that damn good :)

Can't wait until he shoots it with more confidence. It seemed to me that he was just experimenting with that goal. Hopefully soon he will add just a touch of a shooter's mentality where you always think the next one is going in.