• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Valtteri Filppula appreciation

Rate this topic

Confidence is Val's kryptonite. He's a completely different player when he's confident. Zetterberg is the same way. If Val could only even out his game life would be much easier. :P

That's true. But I think Val always performs at a good level when looking at the basic things. Maybe it's confidence that brings the offense to his game, but skating, playing well defensively and working hard are always there.

ammu! saatana mulkku!

LOL. Maybe a little too rough.

"Shoot the puck" = "LAUO HELMINEN LAUOO!!"

That's the correct translation. Also, you can add "Damn it!" to the end which is "Kaksi sekuntia AIKAA!!"

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Redwingabner report here now please. I cooked up a nice plate of crow for you

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

What was that song they played after he scored the EN?

Nothing i have ever heard before

How come the Flip haters never post after he has yet another good game? At least when Cleary has/had a good game I still give him crap lol

OK, I will say this...I was at the game tonight and he had a 2 on 1 with Bert, and I told my fiancee, he won't shoot, he'll pass...and he ended up not getting a shot away, and the defender made a nice play taking the pass away. I dogged him, but he scored 2 big goals tonight and I give him props for that. If he keeps up this pace, I think EVERYONE on this board who has dogged him will stop.

He had a great game. Probably his best play wasn't on his goal, but Bert's. Stepping around the defenseman, getting the puck to the net with traffic in front, that's how you create goals for your team (also a great pass by Ericsson to set Flip up, too bad he won't get a point for that).

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

OK, I will say this...I was at the game tonight and he had a 2 on 1 with Bert, and I told my fiancee, he won't shoot, he'll pass...and he ended up not getting a shot away, and the defender made a nice play taking the pass away. I dogged him, but he scored 2 big goals tonight and I give him props for that. If he keeps up this pace, I think EVERYONE on this board who has dogged him will stop.

Still his biggest problem IMO, he always looks to pass even when he should shoot - he's like an NHL10 player on a breakaway who stops and wait for the rest of his team-mates to catch up so he has someone to pass to :doh:

How come the Flip haters never post after he has yet another good game? At least when Cleary has/had a good game I still give him crap lol

When he's playing bad can we say that he's bad...

Flip-flop was perfect last 3-4 games (which doesn't reflect his season so far). He will need to be more constant... Playing with Zetterberg helps - let's hope his current play will continue...

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

When he's playing bad can we say that he's bad...

Flip-flop was perfect last 3-4 games (which doesn't reflect his season so far). He will need to be more constant... Playing with Zetterberg helps - let's hope his current play will continue...

If you make that argument then you have to acknowledge his injury and lack of production due to being put on the third line with Miller.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I have to give Filppula credit for his play recently. If he can keep playing as he has been, I will admit I was completely wrong on him.

Not yet fully convinced, but getting there.

excellent.jpg