• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#61 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

he's easily been one of our best 2 players night in and night out every game since he's been back from injury...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#62 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 8, 2010 - 10:15AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, I meant forwards.

Not really a useful statistic anyways when the majority of the players used only participated in a handful of games. But 16 points in 23 games from a third liner is certainly good no matter how you slice it. Although I think he benefited tremendously from often playing with Hossa and Franzen, two top notch goal scorers that are capable of a lot of improvisation and don't really rely on a playmaking center much.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#63 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (FinWing @ February 8, 2010 - 08:29AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flip is 10 times the player he was when the Wings drafted him and he's only going to get better. It's been great to follow his progress and I'm pulling for him 100%. He also has a terrific attitude and is a down-to-earth kind of guy. He's going to be one of Finland's key players in the Olympics.

Any ideas where he'll play in the lineup? I've heard talk on here that he might play on the first line but I've read articles that place him on the third.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#64 AARedWingFan

AARedWingFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 8, 2010 - 10:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he's easily been one of our best 2 players night in and night out every game since he's been back from injury...

Agreed. If he keeps up his level of play, the points that he is lacking this year will start to come.

#65 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 8, 2010 - 10:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really a useful statistic anyways when the majority of the players used only participated in a handful of games. But 16 points in 23 games from a third liner is certainly good no matter how you slice it. Although I think he benefited tremendously from often playing with Hossa and Franzen, two top notch goal scorers that are capable of a lot of improvisation and don't really rely on a playmaking center much.

Also you're only taking into account half of the players. But while it couldn't stand on it's own, it still goes back to, and supports the notion that he should be on the second line.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 08 February 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#66 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 8, 2010 - 05:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any ideas where he'll play in the lineup? I've heard talk on here that he might play on the first line but I've read articles that place him on the third.
If there won't be any major injuries the first line will be Filppula-Koivu-Ruutu.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#67 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Finnish Wing @ February 8, 2010 - 11:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there won't be any major injuries the first line will be Filppula-Koivu-Ruutu.

Cool. biggrin.gif

#68 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 8, 2010 - 10:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats why are team was so good the last few years. Our third line was full of players, like Flip, Sammy, and Hudler, who are all capable of being second line scorers.

#69 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 8, 2010 - 05:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's versatile so he can easily be switched up and down in the lineup but he'll probably play wing on the top line due to the abundance of centers on the roster. He will definitely be seeing a lot of ice time either way.
Thank You TeeMan

#70 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

Flip's second goal in as many games (unheard of!) gives him his 10th point in 11 games, and 16th point in 20 games. smile.gif

I don't think it's crazy to say that his injury actually somehow made him a better player.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 09 February 2010 - 11:15 PM.

#71 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Val's been great since returning, and is the only player besides Miller and Howard this year to actually overperform.

Hats off Val.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#72 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 9, 2010 - 10:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flip's second goal in as many games (unheard of!) gives him his 10th point in 11 games, and 16th point in 20 games. smile.gif

I don't think it's crazy to say that his injury actually somehow made him a better player.

I certainly think the injury made him hungrier. That hunger definitely shows. Earlier in his career his was much more hot/cold. I love how consistent he's been since December.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#73 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

They should transfuse some of his blood to the rest of the team. Whatever motivates this guy to play so hard is a great thing. He looks like a teen idol, but plays so damn hard and shows no fear. Flip and Howard are bright spots this season.

#74 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Stiffy @ February 10, 2010 - 06:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should transfuse some of his blood to the rest of the team. Whatever motivates this guy to play so hard is a great thing. He looks like a teen idol, but plays so damn hard and shows no fear. Flip and Howard are bright spots this season.

clap.gif

He's busting his ass for the team and there's nothing that I love more. I wish that fire was a bit more contagious.
Thank You TeeMan

#75 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

What else needs to be said?

Case.

and.

Point.

#76 finalfilppula

finalfilppula

Happy Together

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

he is pavel lite.

#77 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 25, 2010 - 02:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Case.

and.

Point.

Pffft, that's nowt. On my (only recently discarded) NHL06 dynasty he became a consistent 50 goal 120 point player biggrin.gif He was still only 2nd line centre behind Pavel mind, but he did grab the "C" off Lids when he retired wink.gif

On a serious note, FF is correct, he has displayed Datsyukian moments with the puck this season.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#78 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 24, 2010 - 09:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Case.

and.

Point.

YES! And, I hear Sabrina Ladha is a UFA, so the Wings should sign her!

Come on friend. This proves nothing.

#79 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (Nev @ February 25, 2010 - 10:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pffft, that's nowt. On my (only recently discarded) NHL06 dynasty he became a consistent 50 goal 120 point player biggrin.gif He was still only 2nd line centre behind Pavel mind, but he did grab the "C" off Lids when he retired wink.gif

SEE IT WAS EVEN OBVIOUS IN 2006!

#80 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ February 7, 2010 - 08:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a decent third liner? This is just sheer stupidity and unrivaled bias. Even gcom will admit that if you put him on the third line you would have one of the best third lines in the NHL.

Filppula could finish with 40 points in 50 games (which is within reach if he plays on the second line) and you'd still say "SEE, FILPPULA WILL ONLY EVER SCORE 40 POINTS! OVERPAID"

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?

P.S. I can glitch wrap Flip to 200 points in a season in NHL 10.

P.P.S Everyone email Bucci asking if Valterri Filppula is a legitimate goal scorer. Let's hear what an expert has to say.

Edited by dallas27, 25 February 2010 - 03:30 PM.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox