• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Geaux, Saints!

Rate this topic

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints beat the best team on the planet tonight, and I am so damn proud of them! Drew is a great guy. Went to high school in Austin, and even with his injuries and his size, the Saints had faith in him. Most of all, Nawlins and Drew belong together. What a great game!! Mardi Gras may go all year! :hippie:

SAINTS!!!!!!! :band: :rockstar: :punk: :carrot: :banana:

I'm from the area and was downtown and in the French Quarter for most of the day. It was pretty nuts for most of the day, but what's crazy is that Mardi Gras season is going on at the same time right now - there was a Mardi Gras parade going right through downtown yesterday afternoon.

After the game I celebrated in the massive crowds and stuff in the FRench Quarter for a couple hours before heading home around midnight.

Being responsible and having to work today sucks. :P

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

SAINTS!!!!!!! :band: :rockstar: :punk: :carrot: :banana:

I'm from the area and was downtown and in the French Quarter for most of the day. It was pretty nuts for most of the day, but what's crazy is that Mardi Gras season is going on at the same time right now - there was a Mardi Gras parade going right through downtown yesterday afternoon.

After the game I celebrated in the massive crowds and stuff in the FRench Quarter for a couple hours before heading home around midnight.

Being responsible and having to work today sucks. :P

I cannot put into words how jealous I am of your hangover/whatever. My spouse woulda gone nutsoid in the crowds, but I would have LOVED it! I hope you had a blast!

congrats Jack and all Saints fans on the saints championship. Well deserved. Enjoy the parade tonight.

Now for a little rain on the parade. Where do you see this franchise next year and/or in the future?

To me football is a game of motivation. Whether it's "win this one for John Elway", "one for the thumb" or "this is for the city of new orleans"..its all rallying crys for that team. What happens next for the Saints?

The Saints and their fans can't go there anymore. Hurricane Katrina is over, the city that everyone forgot about has a championship, the 'Aints are dead, and the mentality of "its us against the world" is over. If anything the Saints are favorites now and not sure if they handle that/perfer that. In fact, their message was "who dat" this year. EVERYONE knows WHO DAT is now. What is next year? THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE. Not sure if that works on a T-Shirt.

My point is the Saints IMO will be a one time winner. The road back will be much harder next time based on what is the motivation. Just ask the Bucs, Giants, or Ravens. They have had good teams but something is always missing. IMO things won't line up perfect like that for the Saints again. The one thing the Saints got going for them is that they have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL. Just a matter of time before that coaching staff is picked apart for head coaching jobs tho.

My favorities for next year. Colts-Packers. Manning has determination to get back again. Rodgers reminds me of Steve Young in his quest to get a championship and out of the shadow of Montana. It's just a matter of time before he will prove himself apart from Favre.

Ugh. I did not make the victory parade celebration last night. I was so angry. I got sick Monday and it lasted until about this morning. Logic would dictate that celebrating too much Sunday after the win would be the cause, but I didn't have all that mcuh to drink that day and woke up fine Monday morning. Went to work and just went downhill straight after that. I was so bummed to not feel well and miss the parade.

Anyways, here are some pictures of Super Bowl Sunday at least in downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter, pre and post-game. And yes, there was even a Mardi Gras parade that day.

20769_1328960233153_1505374888_30849764_6839149_n.jpg

20769_1328960513160_1505374888_30849770_7799506_n.jpg

20769_1328960673164_1505374888_30849774_4689586_n.jpg

20769_1328961833193_1505374888_30849797_6542705_n.jpg

20769_1328962073199_1505374888_30849803_4160578_n.jpg

20769_1328962553211_1505374888_30849813_1612672_n.jpg

Edited by SouthernWingsFan