• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints beat the best team on the planet tonight, and I am so damn proud of them! Drew is a great guy. Went to high school in Austin, and even with his injuries and his size, the Saints had faith in him. Most of all, Nawlins and Drew belong together. What a great game!! Mardi Gras may go all year! hippie.gif

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#2 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

SAINTS!!!!!!! band.gif rockstar.gif punk.gif carrot.gif banana.gif

I'm from the area and was downtown and in the French Quarter for most of the day. It was pretty nuts for most of the day, but what's crazy is that Mardi Gras season is going on at the same time right now - there was a Mardi Gras parade going right through downtown yesterday afternoon.

After the game I celebrated in the massive crowds and stuff in the FRench Quarter for a couple hours before heading home around midnight.

Being responsible and having to work today sucks. tongue.gif

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 08 February 2010 - 07:13 AM.

#3 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ February 8, 2010 - 08:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SAINTS!!!!!!! band.gif rockstar.gif punk.gif carrot.gif banana.gif

I'm from the area and was downtown and in the French Quarter for most of the day. It was pretty nuts for most of the day, but what's crazy is that Mardi Gras season is going on at the same time right now - there was a Mardi Gras parade going right through downtown yesterday afternoon.

After the game I celebrated in the massive crowds and stuff in the FRench Quarter for a couple hours before heading home around midnight.

Being responsible and having to work today sucks. tongue.gif

I cannot put into words how jealous I am of your hangover/whatever. My spouse woulda gone nutsoid in the crowds, but I would have LOVED it! I hope you had a blast!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#4 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Team Kim won!
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#5 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

congrats Jack and all Saints fans on the saints championship. Well deserved. Enjoy the parade tonight.

Now for a little rain on the parade. Where do you see this franchise next year and/or in the future?

To me football is a game of motivation. Whether it's "win this one for John Elway", "one for the thumb" or "this is for the city of new orleans"..its all rallying crys for that team. What happens next for the Saints?

The Saints and their fans can't go there anymore. Hurricane Katrina is over, the city that everyone forgot about has a championship, the 'Aints are dead, and the mentality of "its us against the world" is over. If anything the Saints are favorites now and not sure if they handle that/perfer that. In fact, their message was "who dat" this year. EVERYONE knows WHO DAT is now. What is next year? THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE. Not sure if that works on a T-Shirt.

My point is the Saints IMO will be a one time winner. The road back will be much harder next time based on what is the motivation. Just ask the Bucs, Giants, or Ravens. They have had good teams but something is always missing. IMO things won't line up perfect like that for the Saints again. The one thing the Saints got going for them is that they have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL. Just a matter of time before that coaching staff is picked apart for head coaching jobs tho.

My favorities for next year. Colts-Packers. Manning has determination to get back again. Rodgers reminds me of Steve Young in his quest to get a championship and out of the shadow of Montana. It's just a matter of time before he will prove himself apart from Favre.

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

Ugh. I did not make the victory parade celebration last night. I was so angry. I got sick Monday and it lasted until about this morning. Logic would dictate that celebrating too much Sunday after the win would be the cause, but I didn't have all that mcuh to drink that day and woke up fine Monday morning. Went to work and just went downhill straight after that. I was so bummed to not feel well and miss the parade.

Anyways, here are some pictures of Super Bowl Sunday at least in downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter, pre and post-game. And yes, there was even a Mardi Gras parade that day.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 11 February 2010 - 01:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users