• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Tollefsen Clears Waivers

Rate this topic

I'm kinda impartial to this, I don't really see tollefsen playing a game in a wings jersey anytime soon or in the future. I'd rather have Janik/Kindl up than tollefsen because they already know the system and have been bred to be wings.

just my opinion though

Janik is the same style player as Tollefsen but Ole is a better hitter and fighter. A stay at home defenseman is a stay at home defenseman in any system, I'm sure after 10 games with the griffs OKT will know the system just fine.

Janik is the same style player as Tollefsen but Ole is a better hitter and fighter. A stay at home defenseman is a stay at home defenseman in any system, I'm sure after 10 games with the griffs OKT will know the system just fine.

Agreed. I'd much rather have an 'up to speed' Tollefson over Janik. He brings a couple elements Janik doesn't possess and he's had a fair amount of NHL experience.

Agreed. I'd much rather have an 'up to speed' Tollefson over Janik. He brings a couple elements Janik doesn't possess and he's had a fair amount of NHL experience.

Yeah not to mention Ole is still 25 and could develop quite a bit still. Janik has pretty much peaked out.

Tollefsen is a good scrapper. Has that Norwegian psychois. First Norwegian player for Detroit eh?

He's a good addition. Defends the goalie after the whisle like a bodyguard (something the Wings have been missing) and a better fighter than most. He's a defensive D. Better suited for Western teams. I think he made the Flyers D man corp. Did really well in Colombus.

Guest Lidstromboli
Tollefsen is a good scrapper. Has that Norwegian psychois. First Norwegian player for Detroit eh?

He's a good addition. Defends the goalie after the whisle like a bodyguard (something the Wings have been missing) and a better fighter than most. He's a defensive D. Better suited for Western teams. I think he made the Flyers D man corp. Did really well in Colombus.

Yeah he did, and he sucked. He did in Columbus too.

Guest Lidstromboli

yeah i mean he's only 25 so he has tons of potential. if he gets called up they'll feed him some magic red wings juice that makes him real good

Edited by Lidstromboli

yeah i mean he's only 25 so he has tons of potential. if he gets called up they'll feed him some magic red wings juice that makes him real good

Better hope they don't feed him the s*** they've been drinkin this season.

So, if he is called up would he have to clear waivers again? Someone please explain how that works.

re-entry waivers - yes... and the danger to re-entry waivers, is that if someone else claims him, we're on the hook for half his salary coming back up... and half his cap hit...

re-entry waivers - yes... and the danger to re-entry waivers, is that if someone else claims him, we're on the hook for half his salary coming back up... and half his cap hit...

Thanks for the info. I thought that would be the case but not sure. So I guess there isn't much chance of seeing him called up unless he is one of the black aces at playoff time. (I'm trying real heard to be optimistic)

Thanks for the info. I thought that would be the case but not sure. So I guess there isn't much chance of seeing him called up unless he is one of the black aces at playoff time. (I'm trying real heard to be optimistic)

exactly... I'm more just hoping he buys into the system and re-signs in the offseason with the mindset that he will play in GR, but have a chance to earn a spot out of camp...

As much as I can appreciate TKO (as I call him) being a scrappy force on the blueline, I think it's highly unlikely that he plays for the Red Wings. I can think of maybe 3 scenarios where he would:

1. Lidstrom or Lilja retire next season.

2. More injuries to the blueline.

3. The Wings decide to carry 8 defensemen again next year, with Meech and Lebda gone (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Lilja, Ericsson, Kindl & Tollesfsen). I think this could be most likely, that way if Kindl and Ericsson both struggle, he could be tossed in the mix for relief perhaps?

If I put myself in his shoes, I wouldn't really want to spend time on an AHL team when I've played in the pros for 4-5 years. He might've been a fringe NHL in that time, but it was still time up with the big club. Like I said, I do see some potential there, but it just doesn't seem likely that he'll wear the winged wheel.

Edited by Jesusberg

As much as I can appreciate TKO (as I call him) being a scrappy force on the blueline, I think it's highly unlikely that he plays for the Red Wings. I can think of maybe 3 scenarios where he would:

1. Lidstrom or Lilja retire next season.

2. More injuries to the blueline.

3. The Wings decide to carry 8 defensemen again next year, with Meech and Lebda gone (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Lilja, Ericsson, Kindl & Tollesfsen). I think this could be most likely, that way if Kindl and Ericsson both struggle, he could be tossed in the mix for relief perhaps?

If I put myself in his shoes, I wouldn't really want to spend time on an NHL team when I've played in the pros for 4-5 years. He might've been a fringe NHL in that time, but it was still time up with the big club. Like I said, I do see some potential there, but it just doesn't seem likely that he'll wear the winged wheel.

I actually agree with all of that, but some guys also just want a place to call home and are sick of bouncing around...

If he buys into the system, I could see him staying in GR for a year, as long as he's promised he'll be given a chance to win a job out of camp... remember where he's come from, Columbus and then Phi - 2 pretty poorly run organizations by all accounts as far as player development (pretty much toss you into the deep end and float or sink) - maybe this is just what he needs...

side note - I think scenario 2 is the most likely as well, of the scenarios where he stays...

Hopefully TKO will be debuting tonight for Grand Rapids against Texas.

I hope so. Would be awesome to see a D-Pairing of Pain Train and TKO! I will be there.

I hope so. Would be awesome to see a D-Pairing of Pain Train and TKO! I will be there.
Does that team have a great defense or what? Lilja, Tollefsen, Janik, Delmore, Kindl, Pyett. That's like the perfect AHL defense with three offensive and three defensive guys.

Does that team have a great defense or what? Lilja, Tollefsen, Janik, Delmore, Kindl, Pyett. That's like the perfect AHL defense with three offensive and three defensive guys.

Their defense has been quite bad for the most part though.

I haven't actually watched a single GR game

Not many people on here seem to have. I dont know why. They're very entertaining games with decent banter in the stream chat.

Plus people get to see our future stars in action on nights when Detroit aren't playing and wouldnt make such ridiculous claims about guys that aren't NHL ready like Kindl.

Not many people on here seem to have. I dont know why. They're very entertaining games with decent banter in the stream chat.

Plus people get to see our future stars in action on nights when Detroit aren't playing and wouldnt make such ridiculous claims about guys that aren't NHL ready like Kindl.

Well if those AHL games are played about the same time as NHL games, I dunno if I can watch them very often. I can of course, but I think staying awake for these NHL games is enough for me.

I don't have the time to really watch the streams, but this year I have made it to a lot of Friday games, and I think you might know why :)