• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

skeetzearly

Ads on the glass behind the nets?

Rate this topic

I remember the big ass Subway ad they did at MSG. I don't know about you, but if I'm watching a hockey game with a few beers, and I see a Subway ad... 1st intermission, I'm going to Subway and getting my hands on a big fat sangwich.

Edited by BeeRYCE

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I remember the big ass Subway ad they did at MSG. I don't know about you, but if I'm watching a hockey game with a few beers, and I see a Subway ad... 1st intermission, I'm going to Subway and getting my hands on a big fat sangwich.

How is that a bad thing? Subway is delicious.

I mean sports are changing. If the NHL teams don't change, the league will be left even further behind the other major sports than they are now. A couple of digital ads for a few more bucks doesn't bother me.

jw do people read the post prior to theres? quit saying it ruins the sightlines if ur a the joe there Not real lol. that being said im still against all this advertising s*** it could be a gateway to looking like euro players covered in sponsers logos.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Didn't really notice them tonight. The only problem with them is that the Wings don't see any revenue from them.

FSN caught a lot of flack on the ads the first time- they made them overpower the brightness of the ice and they had no transparency to them at all. Looks like they got the message. The ones in tonight's game had some transparency to them and they didn't look like banners strung up on the backside of the glass.

I can deal with them. I would prefer they weren't there. I imagine that this would be a home game only thing because they would probably run into troubles with the away arenas. I may find myself looking forward to away games if that is the case.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
my biggest fear is that after whoring out the glass, the next step is jersey real estate

The day the NHL puts ads on the jerseys is the day the NHL dies.

55fan obviously missed the Belle tire and DMC medical ads aswell.

I guess I must have. Were they on last night?

In that case, I guess they must not have been too intrusive if I didn't see them, huh?

Maybe the NHL should allow companies to stencil their company names on the players' teeth. Then when a player looses teeth, the company has to pay for them to be replaced,

or people would be reading things like B GER KING or F CK MY BIC.

It would save the league on dental bills.

Something to think about.

Edited by 55fan

I just don't get the rational. Like all the ads that are on now aren't enough??? We hear the words Belle Tire more then we hear our own names in the course of a year. What purpose is putting it up there?

As for all of you people who are like just ignore it. What will we have to ignore next?

It was annoying, and doesn't actually do anything but distract. If anyone has the number to Fox Sports Detroit, I say we start calling and complaining. It is the only course of action.

Guest CaliWingsNut

too late... look at their underarmor mouthguards.

Maybe the NHL should allow companies to stencil their company names on the players' teeth. Then when a player looses teeth, the company has to pay for them to be replaced,

or people would be reading things like B GER KING or F CK MY BIC.

It would save the league on dental bills.

Something to think about.