Sign in to follow this  
letsgowings11

Can the Wings Break out of this slump?

Rate this topic

I can't stand these SO losses

Jimmy needs to do 3 things:

Be Patient

Learn the 2-pad stack

Keep in mind the space between him, shooter, and net while backing up for a save attempt.

i dont know what your talking about but he looked fine out there, it was our shooters that blew it

I can't stand these SO losses

Jimmy needs to do 3 things:

Be Patient

Learn the 2-pad stack

Keep in mind the space between him, shooter, and net while backing up for a save attempt.

its just that easy!...

come on now...Jimmy has been rock solid in shootouts...he has been saving 2 out of 3 on average...we havent been losing them because of him...its our shooters that have been losing it for us

Losing in a shootout isnt really losing, in fact it doesnt even go in the loss column. That's how lame the shootout is. I am so sick of watching the parade of inept shooters in these things its not even funny. Not just the Wings either, this is true of all teams. Imagine if the NFL decided games by having the QB's throw balls through hanging tires.

Slump? This is no slump, this team appears to have no rudder. I am so disappointed in what is suppose to be the leadership of this team. Specifically Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Mr 12 year contract, Zetterberg. I'm not talking about Lidstrom's play, but his leadership. When questioned his response is always about what they did good. Never seems disgusted with what appears to be total lack of effort from the so called CORE of this team. Datsyuk seemed to finally get some chemistry going with Bert then Zetterberg comes back and what does Babcock do but put the invisible man on Datsyuk's wing to f*** it up. I am so dicgusted with Zetterberg and his mediocrity this season that I think the only thing that will put a fire under his ass is to embarrass him by making him watch a game or two from the pressbox. And I don't even want to talk about what I think of the coaching staff......... :ranting:

The Red Wings could break out of this slump.

The team we've been watching, I doubt it. If a big shakeup is coming, they can get back inuto the swing of things. They're playing good enough to get a point, but they need more than that right now.

EDIT: True, we're only 1 point out of the playoffs, BUT other teams keep winning. It's not a 5 team race for spots 7 and 8? So we need not only one team, but multiple teams to start losing while the Wings string together a winning streak (something they have yet to do all season).

I sincerely hope they can, and as always I'll be rooting for them, but it's getting harder and harder to just assume they'll win games now.

Edited by VM1138

Slump? This is no slump, this team appears to have no rudder. I am so disappointed in what is suppose to be the leadership of this team. Specifically Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Mr 12 year contract, Zetterberg. I'm not talking about Lidstrom's play, but his leadership. When questioned his response is always about what they did good. Never seems disgusted with what appears to be total lack of effort from the so called CORE of this team. Datsyuk seemed to finally get some chemistry going with Bert then Zetterberg comes back and what does Babcock do but put the invisible man on Datsyuk's wing to f*** it up. I am so dicgusted with Zetterberg and his mediocrity this season that I think the only thing that will put a fire under his ass is to embarrass him by making him watch a game or two from the pressbox. And I don't even want to talk about what I think of the coaching staff......... :ranting:

AMEN

AMEN

I agree on the coaching staff. They need to be under the microscope from management and the press.

Nick as a leader with press statements is painful to watch. He is 100% safe and by the book. I think it speaks to his character and personality, but I am yearning for the brutally honest responses of Stevie Y. When things weren't going well, he took the majority of the blame and laid it out that everyone else was part of it too. No way would I want to be a slacker in that locker room after Yzerman spelled it out. Very simply, he got angry and showed it, but not overtly. Do you know what I mean? Yelling and throwing chairs would be far less effective than a quiet leader like Yzerman.