• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rage

Scouts From 10 Teams In Attendance For Sharks/Wings Game

Rate this topic

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?op...rs&Itemid=4

DETROIT NEWS/MLIVE.COM: report the Detroit Red Wings will have to free up over $1.2 million in salary cap space soon either via trade or waivers to make room for the returning Andreas Lilja, who'd been sidelined with a concussion. Both suggest the possibility of moving forward Jason Williams, who earns $1.5 million this season.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Both sites also reported scouts from Florida, Montreal, Dallas, Vancouver, Washington, Edmonton, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, Chicago and the NY Islanders were in attendance at last night's Sharks-Red Wings game. We'll have to keep an eye on the Wings and Panthers today to see what if anything they'll do.

Wow. That's a lot of teams scouting the game. For sure sounds like something might be going down today. Possibly something bigger than we all expect??

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?op...rs&Itemid=4

Wow. That's a lot of teams scouting the game. For sure sounds like something might be going down today. Possibly something bigger than we all expect??

I honestly hope so. Its been a while since we've had some big changes, I think it'd be kinda exciting.

This was covered in another thread, but I found that odd as well... I thought for sure we would be making a small move or two... until this broke...

now I'm starting to think Holland and Co. may have something big in the works.....

:siren:

I totally agree. It's very odd to have that many scouts at a game I think. Plus w/ the trade freeze being today, it does make you wonder!!

One's gotta think though, who the hell do we have that other teams actually WANT? :blink:

I know!!! Besides our big contract guys, oh and everyone seems to have NTC's!!.

But, the positive about this is that I doubt they were really scouting the Sharks. Not like the Sharks NEED to make a move like we do!!

I'm gonna be on edge all day!

Me too!! It's like the Red Wings have their own little trade deadline day!

Deadline is 3 pm today!

Great. Thanks, I wasn't sure when it was till you said that. :thumbup::thumbup:

I know!!! Besides our big contract guys, oh and everyone seems to have NTC's!!.

But, the positive about this is that I doubt they were really scouting the Sharks. Not like the Sharks NEED to make a move like we do!!

I'm not saying this WILL happen, or that it SHOULD - but we have a LOT of high quality prospects and picks and could possibly even move a roster player or 2 to free up the cap...

You could see something like 6 players out for 1 in return (and picks), 3 team trade, etc, blah, blah, blah...

There are a lot of scenarios and depending on how serious Holland is about shaking things up, some things could happen... including guys we might not even consider as trade bait...

honestly, I think it will be Williams (I hope not though... I have supported him from day one and he just got really unlucky this year)... Did anybody see his expression last night on the bench after he scored the goal? It was blank and unexcited, especially for someone who just scored a sick goal... He seemed like "whatever, I'm gone anyway"... IDK, maybe not, but thats what I got out of it... he has finally started playing better too.

honestly, I think it will be Williams (I hope not though... I have supported him from day one and he just got really unlucky this year)... Did anybody see his expression last night on the bench after he scored the goal? It was blank and unexcited, especially for someone who just scored a sick goal... He seemed like "whatever, I'm gone anyway"... IDK, maybe not, but thats what I got out of it... he has finally started playing better too.

He made a damn good case to keep him last night...

or trade him while his stock is high :blink:

I haven't got anything against Willy, he seems to be playing okay. But the Wings have too many forward spots filled already and he's being played out of place on the 3rd and 4th lines without other skilled players. I was thinking the Wings might miss him for shootouts and those valuable extra points along the stretch drive, but whether or not he or anyone else scores seems to have no bearing on the Wings' ability to win shootouts anyways.

I'm not saying this WILL happen, or that it SHOULD - but we have a LOT of high quality prospects and picks and could possibly even move a roster player or 2 to free up the cap...

You could see something like 6 players out for 1 in return (and picks), 3 team trade, etc, blah, blah, blah...

There are a lot of scenarios and depending on how serious Holland is about shaking things up, some things could happen... including guys we might not even consider as trade bait...

This is what kind of makes me nervous about the scenario, I never know what Kenny's got planned. It'll be disappointing to see any of the wings go. Haven't had time to get attached to Williams, and May isn't really tops on the list either, but other than that I've really enjoyed watching the players on the team this year; losing them would be a little disappointing.

Trade him while his stock is high.

I hope there's a big trade, jiust for a shakeup. I'll be sorry to see pretty much anyone go, but at this point, I wouldn't be willing to accept missing the playoffs, even if it is a "transition" year.

On the other side, couldn't the scouts have been there just to see who they should pick up off the waiver wire instead of actuallyt rading for?

I hope there's a big trade, jiust for a shakeup. I'll be sorry to see pretty much anyone go, but at this point, I wouldn't be willing to accept missing the playoffs, even if it is a "transition" year.

On the other side, couldn't the scouts have been there just to see who they should pick up off the waiver wire instead of actuallyt rading for?

no way, because you have nothing to lose really for a waiver, so you can grab a guy sight unseen and if he doesn't work for you, just waive him again... but if you're going to give up assets... you want to see what you're getting...

scouts don't travel for waivers...

Very well could be. I hope not though. Like the others have said, I'd welcome a big move at this point just to shake things up and I don't want to miss the playoffs either.

You're kind of a downer VM1138!! lol. j/k. :lol:

Guest Howard He Do It?!
no way, because you have nothing to lose really for a waiver, so you can grab a guy sight unseen and if he doesn't work for you, just waive him again... but if you're going to give up assets... you want to see what you're getting...

scouts don't travel for waivers...

Let alone 10 scouts. The sheer number of scouts tells me that Kenny has told other GM's who is available and it might be a bigger name. 10 scouts don't travel on a whim and on rumors.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Let alone 10 scouts. The sheer number of scouts tells me that Kenny has told other GM's who is available and it might be a bigger name.

I pretty much agree. Could be someone that we don't even expect at this point.

And a lot of those scouts are from teams that ARE IN the Playoff Picture. I think that's worth noting as well.

Looked around, don't know if you guys follow Florida:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/

Apparently Florida is ready for a fire sale and has been for a while.

EDIT: Yeah, those are playoff teams mostly...so they're looking for a veteran to add experience to their roster...I would venture Rafalski, but I wonder if he'd bail out on the team at this point just because they're struggling. I don't see Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Lidstrom or Kronwall going.

Edited by VM1138

Let alone 10 scouts. The sheer number of scouts tells me that Kenny has told other GM's who is available and it might be a bigger name. 10 scouts don't travel on a whim and on rumors.

exactly...

I'm both excited and scared at the same time...

And a lot of those scouts are from teams that ARE IN the Playoff Picture. I think that's worth noting as well.

That's what I'm thinking... someone we aren't even considering might be on the move...

that's one of the biggest reasons I'm both excited and scared at the same time....

Edited by stevkrause

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Very good point. Those playoff teams are looking to add a piece that can make a difference and push them over the edge. Something tells me that Lebda is not that kind of player.