• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

Olesz - 24 years old:

59 13 13 26 -5 - 3.125 cap hit - locked up until the end of 2014 - 4 years left on deal

.44 PPG

Filpulla - 25 years old:

33 6 16 22 -7 - 3 cap hit - locked up until end of 2013 - 3 years left on deal after this year

.67 PPG

still... edge: Flip

keep in mind what you have...

no thanks on that trade.

Last year Flip had a .45 PPG, he was on a more talented team and has more time in the NHL right now. This is a now/future deal, this guy is a real deal kind of player who can put it into the net. Id definitely love to have a player like him in the system now, you can never have enough big bodied goal scorers.

You guys are killing me with the lebda talk. Did you not see last nights game?? Ericsson missed his man AGAIN. -16 Lebda -4. Big deal he dropped the gloves. I would too if I caused a goal. Continue the hate for Lebda, funny thing is, once he's gone who will you go after?

You guys are killing me with the lebda talk. Did you not see last nights game?? Ericsson missed his man AGAIN. -16 Lebda -4. Big deal he dropped the gloves. I would too if I caused a goal. Continue the hate for Lebda, funny thing is, once he's gone who will you go after?

Ericsson is a ROOKIE - and he has LOTS of growing to do, what's Lebda's excuse for his god awful play?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Lebda is what he is. Ericsson is a rookie defenseman in his first full year in the NHL. Defenseman take time to develop and learn the mental aspect of the game. I'm not so quick to give up on him. Ericcson has lots of upside.

Lilja. I thought that was why he was coming back.

Theres obviously a reason that you just joined the forums on Jan 20th, as you have obviously just started watching hockey. Did i say that flip had a stronger shot anywhere in my post? nope. thanks for playing. Just said Helmer is nowhere near as gifted as Flip. And take a look around, everyone on this thread is disagreeing with you. Thanks for the delightful input though.

That's because we're all wrong and/or stupid.

Theres obviously a reason that you just joined the forums on Jan 20th, as you have obviously just started watching hockey. Did i say that flip had a stronger shot anywhere in my post? nope. thanks for playing. Just said Helmer is nowhere near as gifted as Flip. And take a look around, everyone on this thread is disagreeing with you. Thanks for the delightful input though.

the only other poster I can think of who thought Helm was gifted offensively was Jake Ryan, who disappeared a while back. He wanted Helm on the first line with Datsyuk!

Filp is vastly overrated. No one ever talks about how he misses the net, or shoots right into the goalie, why is that? Or his stupid ******* dekes that don't work, trying to go through the defense's legs, never works. Helm uses his speed, makes accurate passes, but is just on a grind line currently.

Flip is a good player, as I keep saying, hes got a great skill set, but its wasted on the wings if hes not a 2nd line center, which, so long as we have Dats and Z, he should never be a second line center.

you're clearly a Flip hater or an over the top Helm lover - I am a huge fan of Helm, but you're being irrational.

There are no ifs, ands or buts about it - Helm is nowhere near as offensively gifted as Flip. period.

:thumbup:

Not really sure what games hes watching that show Helmer is as good as Flip, but they arent the same games im seein. Like you said Helm is a GREAT player when it comes to speed and defense, but he does fall quite a bit and like i said cant really find the back of the net, regardless of who is playing with as linemates.

I love Helm, but no. He is the 1st one in the offensive zone by like 5 strides but he either shoots it wide or right into the goalie's crest.

And how does Flip shoot????????? How about all those Flip goals......

Despite power play time, generally better line-mates, and more minutes, Flip puts the puck in the net at about the same pace as Helm. Flip has a crap shot and is not a goal scorer. This is all the more true when you consider his minutes and power play time.

Does Helm see as many minutes as Flip? Does he get power play time? Is Helm getting paid $3 million a year? Is Helm a rookie?

Flip is a good player over all, but his strength is defense and we're deep there. Bringing in another guy with more natural goal-scoring ability would be a big plus. I'm not saying Helm is developed yet or an offensive powerhouse, but he's done real well with what he's been given. He's lived up to his contract and some while Flip still hasn't justified his contract.

And how does Flip shoot????????? How about all those Flip goals......

Despite power play time, generally better line-mates, and more minutes, Flip puts the puck in the net at about the same pace as Helm. Flip has a crap shot and is not a goal scorer. This is all the more true when you consider his minutes and power play time.

Does Helm see as many minutes as Flip? Does he get power play time? Is Helm getting paid $3 million a year? Is Helm a rookie?

Flip is a good player over all, but his strength is defense and we're deep there. Bringing in another guy with more natural goal-scoring ability would be a big plus. I'm not saying Helm is developed yet or an offensive powerhouse, but he's done real well with what he's been given. He's lived up to his contract and some while Flip still hasn't justified his contract.

:thumbup:

Good points. I agree too with Flip not being needed because we have 2 legitimate centers with Z, and Dats. I really think trading Filppula is a strong option and I do believe the return could be a scoring winger, which is obviously what we need. Never thought I would miss Hudler sooooo much!

Talent report on Olesz:

A player without any glaring weakness, Olesz is a character guy who gives everything to the team's success. He is offensively talented, well-balanced and always showing a nasty edge in his play. Olesz plays a combative style and is a good hitter. He is a valuable asset to both powerplay and penalty killing units. A solid skater with a decent agility, Olesz impresses with his excellent lower-body strength. He has a sharp hockey sense and vision. Also very good in the faceoff circle, Olesz emerges as both a smart passer and a strong finisher. He possesses a good variety of shots, he could only fire the puck more often. Olesz impresses with his strong defensive awareness, he limits the opposing players' options effectively. A mature player, he doesn't tend to take shifts off.

As I keep saying, if I were the GM I would definitely try to send Flip to Florida for this kid.

Yes, when people join this thread is contingent with when they start watching hockey. What kind of an argument is that? I don't care if you all disagree. That doesn't mean anything to me. Who are you? And all I was saying is it's silly to defend Filps and then call out Helms shot. Filps has let us down how many times with his? He goofed on one again last night, didn't get it off at all, while wide open in front of the net.

oh Travis... you post as 2 people... boo to you... wings7 has been outed...

why are you posting as 2 people, just to have another "person" back up your thoughts?

pretty sad....

Edited by stevkrause

I want to stress, I'm not saying Helm is some Flip replacement. I wouldn't move him from the line he's been with once Eaves is back. I'm just saying, to use scoring arguments against Helm who's more of a grinder is silly in general. But it's even sillier considering that they're more pertinently applied to someone who's supposed to be a scoring line center like Flip, who happens to have a terrible shot and next to no goal scoring ability. And it's all the more silly when Helm's a rookie got a $.598k cap hit while Flip's got a $3 million cap hit.

Does Flip bring $2.4 million more in offense, particularly in goal scoring?

And who's done more considering the minutes they get and the type of minutes? Helm, the PK guy with 8 goals and minimal minutes, or Flip, the PP guy with 6 goals and a ton of minutes?

Helm sets up Draper or Malts perfectly all the time. Filp has guys who score a little more. That's where the assists come from. Give Helm a chance and you'd see.

Don't get me wrong, I love Helm and Flips, they're both awesome to watch. Flips is more like a younger Dats and Helm is more like a younger Drapes, maybe not as good on the faceoffs but faster for sure. If Helmers was that good of a playmaker then I'm sure Babs would've seen that ages ago and he'd already be on the first or second line. You're making it seem as if Helm is like Fedorov in his prime or something lol

Guest Howard He Do It?!
wow... how could the Hawks afford him? 4.25 Million

They'd have to trade salary.

oh Travis... you post as 2 people... boo to you... wings7 has been outed...

why are you posting as 2 people, just to have another "person" back up your thoughts?

pretty sad....

Haha, my plan is foooiiiillleeedd!

Talent report on Olesz:

A player without any glaring weakness, Olesz is a character guy who gives everything to the team's success. He is offensively talented, well-balanced and always showing a nasty edge in his play. Olesz plays a combative style and is a good hitter. He is a valuable asset to both powerplay and penalty killing units. A solid skater with a decent agility, Olesz impresses with his excellent lower-body strength. He has a sharp hockey sense and vision. Also very good in the faceoff circle, Olesz emerges as both a smart passer and a strong finisher. He possesses a good variety of shots, he could only fire the puck more often. Olesz impresses with his strong defensive awareness, he limits the opposing players' options effectively. A mature player, he doesn't tend to take shifts off.

As I keep saying, if I were the GM I would definitely try to send Flip to Florida for this kid.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Olesz for Flip.. I mean Ive always loved Flip but the thought Of something Like a Olesz-Z-Franzen 2nd line brings a bit of a smile to my face.

One thing I love about these forums is that it is really easy to tell which posters actually no what hockey is and which ones don't

:caution:

very true... there will be varying opinions, but the ones with general hockey knowledge will at least always have foundation for their arguments...