• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Det expected to waive Brad May today and put a player on LTI to make room for Lilja.

----Bob Mckenzie's twitter page. Why are we worrying about Flip being traded?

okay well im still worried and at 1 hour and 22 minutes until the freeze, there is no way in hell I am leaving this computer.

from MLIVE:

Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk, Valtteri Filppula expected to play Saturday; Niklas Kronwall improving

By Ansar Khan

February 12, 2010, 1:30PM

DETROIT -- Post-practice update:

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Valtteri Filppula didn't practice because "they're day-to-day maintenance.'' He expects both to play Saturday against Ottawa in the last game before the Olympic break.

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall (knee) said he feels much better and expects to play Saturday, unless he has a setback.

Brad May has until noon Saturday to clear waivers. A team spokesman said the Red Wings aren't likely to make a move before the 3 p.m. trading freeze.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13
it's also really easy to tell which posters know what 'no' is and which ones don't. :P

ahhh touche. I'm usually pretty good with spelling, but this whole Flip thing has me freaking out. I can't focus!!!!!!

I want to stress, I'm not saying Helm is some Flip replacement. I wouldn't move him from the line he's been with once Eaves is back. I'm just saying, to use scoring arguments against Helm who's more of a grinder is silly in general. But it's even sillier considering that they're more pertinently applied to someone who's supposed to be a scoring line center like Flip, who happens to have a terrible shot and next to no goal scoring ability. And it's all the more silly when Helm's a rookie got a $.598k cap hit while Flip's got a $3 million cap hit.

Does Flip bring $2.4 million more in offense, particularly in goal scoring?

And who's done more considering the minutes they get and the type of minutes? Helm, the PK guy with 8 goals and minimal minutes, or Flip, the PP guy with 6 goals and a ton of minutes?

This was kind of what i was trying to say. Theres no way that Helm is ganna replace Flip cause they dont pay the same game. Is flip the best player on the team? No,. But you cant replace him with Helm.

Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk, Valtteri Filppula expected to play Saturday; Niklas Kronwall improving

Then it's got to be a player worth 1 million going out, or the Eaves + trade Lebda deal.

On edit: Or, maybe no Lebda deal until after the Olympics, if I could read the part about Lilja not coming back until post-Olympics. But then, with Eaves coming back, we'd have to deal around a million worth of salary.

Edited by InKennyWeTrust

Guest DatsyukianDeke13
from MLIVE:

By Ansar Khan

February 12, 2010, 1:30PM

DETROIT -- Post-practice update:

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Valtteri Filppula didn't practice because "they're day-to-day maintenance.'' He expects both to play Saturday against Ottawa in the last game before the Olympic break.

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall (knee) said he feels much better and expects to play Saturday, unless he has a setback.

Brad May has until noon Saturday to clear waivers. A team spokesman said the Red Wings aren't likely to make a move before the 3 p.m. trading freeze.

Thank god.

And thank you lets go wings for the heart attack :lol:

very true... there will be varying opinions, but the ones with general hockey knowledge will at least always have foundation for their arguments...

I like how this guy thinks he's the Ken Holland of LGW. Everybody has an opinion and just because someone thinks Filppula could be traded does not make them not know as much about hockey as you.

not cool....

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I actually just wanted to post just to argue with myself:

In 19 more games, he has 5 less points. I don't know if that qualifies him as being, 'almost as good' per se. Impossible to tell what Filp could've done had he not sat.

Having said that, I love Helm and his speed and tenacity but I don't think he could step up to fill the void left by moving Filppula. Let's keep in mind that for as fast as Helmer is, he's not a great skater. Kid's got tons of guts but falls down as often as the kid from Miami in the Mighty Ducks movies.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If everyone is done being stupid and off topic, the Wings still have to make another move in order to get Lilja back in the lineup.

Then it's got to be a player worth 1 million going out, or the Eaves + trade Lebda deal.

On edit: Or, maybe no Lebda deal until after the Olympics, if I could read the part about Lilja not coming back until post-Olympics. But then, with Eaves coming back, we'd have to deal around a million worth of salary.

or, once again, someone we're not expecting :blink:

Williams is still an option for trade and maybe LTIR Eaves retroactively...

so many scenarios!!

If everyone is done being stupid and off topic, the Wings still have to make another move in order to get Lilja back in the lineup.

Article just said we're not. Just means we won't be seeing him until after the olympics.

wow... how could the Hawks afford him? 4.25 Million

They'd have to trade salary.

Didn't you two hear, Chicago is 'cap exempt' (or it sure seems like it)

Mods need to mod this thread please, too much Flip discussion is WAY OT.

I don't expect anything else from the Wings except someone on the LTIR.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I would prefer the Wings keep Eaves. I think he has been fantastic this year for what he is paid. JMHO

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Yeah, but that article just said they aren't likely to make a move before 3 today... how is that possible?

If the Wings do not make another move by 3 pm then Lilja does not return to the lineup on Saturday.