• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2010 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - March 3rd, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Nice job to Chicago getting Johnsson. Great veteran defenseman who just needs a new atmosphere... He has the ability to produce, and has the brains of a Nicklas Lidstrom (just not the skill :).

This.

(Because I have nothing to add).

Not a trade, but a waivers pickup: Toronto acquires another former Flame, Jamie Lundmark

Looking to bolster their forward depth, the Toronto Maple Leafs have added Jamie Lundmark on waivers from the Calgary Flames.

Lundmark, 29, has bounced back and forth between the American Hockey League and National Hockey League over the last couple of seasons, scoring nine points and posting a minus-6 rating in 21 games with Calgary this season. He also has 21 points and a plus-4 rating in 32 games with the Abbotsford Heat in the AHL.

Lundmark, who can play both centre and right wing, will join a Maple Leafs team that recently sent three forwards -- Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman and Jamal Mayers -- to Calgary in the trade that brought Dion Phaneuf to Toronto. The Leafs also traded Jason Blake to Anaheim, leaving them shorthanded up front, with only five of the Maple Leafs' remaining forwards having scored more than Lundmark's four goals this season.

In 286 career games with Calgary, Los Angeles, Phoenix and the New York Rangers, Lundmark has tallied a total of 90 points in his NHL career.

Guest mindfly

Steve Ott re-signs with Stars

Jordan Leopold to Pens for a 2nd round pick.

It'll really be interesting to get clarity on the year of the 2nd rounder as everything I've heard about the Ponikarovsky deal implies the Brian Burke wants a 2010 2nd pick to be included. Pittsburgh had been rumoured to be interested so if the Pens gave up their 2010 2nd for Jordan Leopold (which I kind of doubt) there's a good chance they'd have slipped out of the running.

Guest mindfly
That latest trades pretty much signifies Huet is being shipped out asap.

Who would want his fat contract... only a retarded GM would trade for him.

Guest Crymson
:( How depressing. I have always wanted him to be a Wing. Such a pest.

There are pests like Maltby, and then there are classless pests like Ott and Avery. I'd rather not ever see the latter on this team.

Who would want his fat contract... only a retarded GM would trade for him.

There are a few "retarded" GMs out there, and if you include a high draft pick and a promising prospect, the deal wouldn't look too horrible.