• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2010 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - March 3rd, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
Are you that spoiled as a fan that it aggravates you that much that we aren't making a big time trade?

Uh, yeah, he is. Since showing up again a couple of months ago, he has done nothing but complain. It's as if he feels he's being deprived of something he's entitled to.

Are you that spoiled as a fan that it aggravates you that much that we aren't making a big time trade?

No. Are you that short-sighted that a GM spending his time working out a minor-leaguer trade that has no impact on his team (which is supposedly trying to make the playoffs) doesn't aggravate you?

are you s***ting me? I go to his NHL page and it's blank. Holland for ******* real? We have a million worthless ******* defenseman and we can't get rid of a few for someone who can at least make an NHL roster. What a disappointment, hell I would rather have a draft pick.

As far as I know, that still wouldn't produce enough cap space. In any event, OMG, we should TOTALLY have made that trade, you know... Holland was crazy not to make it, because it would have made ShanahanMan feel excited!!!!!!

With Maltby on LTR, cap space would have been fine. And yes I know, a solid/speedy scorer on a team that needs another forward and is desperate fr offense would not have benefited from Ponikarovsky.

Get a clue.

No. Are you that short-sighted that a GM spending his time working out a minor-leaguer trade that has no impact on his team (which is supposedly trying to make the playoffs) doesn't aggravate you?

I mean it's a minor league deal. I could care less. I already know he's not spending his time making some ridiculous land moving deal, unlike yourself.

I think its more along the lines of being frustrated that Holland hasn't made a move to shake up the team a bit, which would be good. No trading of the stars, but trading someone like Lebda/Meech for a good 3rd liner like Afinogenov.

Guest Crymson
are you s***ting me? I go to his NHL page and it's blank. Holland for ******* real? We have a million worthless ******* defenseman and we can't get rid of a few for someone who can at least make an NHL roster. What a disappointment, hell I would rather have a draft pick.

Hmmm, right, I'm thinking you don't know all the facts. Perhaps you should stop thinking as if you do.

Uh, yeah, he is. Since showing up again a couple of months ago, he has done nothing but complain. It's as if he feels he's being deprived of something he's entitled to.

Or two years before you joined.

I am not entitled to be passionate about my team?

Hmmm, right, I'm thinking you don't know all the facts. Perhaps you should stop thinking as if you do.

Wait guys! The great and mighty Crymson knows something we don't!

Surely, sir, you will tell us what you know so that we can be as wise as you!

Guest Crymson
I think its more along the lines of being frustrated that Holland hasn't made a move to shake up the team a bit which would be good. No trading of the stars, but trading someone like Lebda/Meech for a good 3rd liner like Afinogenov.

Yes, and the frustration inherent in that thinking stems from the misbegotten impression that other teams will want our garbage. Would Atlanta trade a 20-goal scorer for a 7th-8th defenseman? No. If people expect that sort of trade, they'll always be disappointed.

I think he was saying you disappeared for a while then came back. Read the post first. There's a difference between passionate and unrealistically crazy. Just because Holland made a minor league deal doesn't mean he's not working on trading a Lebda or Meech.

WooHoo!!! Movement!

That's one way of putting it. I had one of those earlier today. :P

In all seriousness though, we always see these minor-league only moves during the trade deadline. Sometimes it's the Wings, sometimes it's other teams. Nothing shocking about it and no big deal that we've never heard of this kid before.

I think its more along the lines of being frustrated that Holland hasn't made a move to shake up the team a bit, which would be good. No trading of the stars, but trading someone like Lebda/Meech for a good 3rd liner like Afinogenov.

Afinogenov is the only one that is possible. I just don't think he is a third liner. He would have to be a top-six player for us because he would be the third best shooter instantly on the team.

I mean it's a minor league deal. I could care less. I already know he's not spending his time making some ridiculous land moving deal, unlike yourself.

Yes, my advocating adding a depth forward would certainly shake the land.

I suppose reading comprehension could be an issue with you-- were you educated in SC, or do you just live there?

Maybe no one WANTS them? Every think of that? Maybe that's too logical.

I don't even think Afinogenov is on the trading block. People said they would rather have him then Kozlov, but I don't think Atlanta was actually going to trade him.

Yes, and the frustration inherent in that thinking stems from the misbegotten impression that other teams will want our garbage. Would Atlanta trade a 20-goal scorer for a 7th-8th defenseman? No. If people expect that sort of trade, they'll always be disappointed.

Taking a break from taking shots at each other (which is fun, btw); I think that Atlanta would take on a 2nd Rounder + a prospect for a soon-to-be UFA.

2nd and the rights to Johan Ryno, perhaps?

Yes, my advocating adding a depth forward would certainly shake the land.

I suppose reading comprehension could be an issue with you-- were you educated in SC, or do you just live there?

I just moved here actually. You're one of those who likes to attack someone's intelligence I take it? Adding a depth forward would probably be land shaking given what talent we have to trade.

Guest Crymson

Right. Read my post see "showed up again". In any event, I've been posting regularly on these forums since late 2006 and I hadn't ever seen you until a few months ago.

Being passionate? Go for it. Being totally spoiled and acting like like a child who has been shortchanged of something he's entitled to? I'd say that's bad. Being sure that you know what's best for the team? I'd say that's bad, too. Being sure that you know 'how things work' and what's going on in the world of NHL general managers today and in general? I think that's a pretty bad thing, also.

I'll content myself with being grateful that Holland and other GMs don't pay any heed to people like yourself---and that Holland isn't anything like you in method, as we'd surely end up with a terrible organization if he were.