• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2010 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - March 3rd, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Washington's really gearing up here. I'd love a Penguins/Caps rematch.

Either of those guys would've been great for our 3rd line. Ah well. We got injured players back.

Anyone remember when we called up Jiri Fischer as our deadline move? Good ole' Kenny.

Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com saying word from the Thrashers front office is "stay tuned". Something going on there apparently. With the Wings? I guess we wait & see.

Not likely. They want to re-sign Kubina and Afinogenov, plus we don't have cap space because we can't take on salary.

****I just saved you guys the time by throwing out the canned responses.****

Here's hoping.

In your previous post, were you implying that Ponikarovsky or Skoula was the salary dump?

Anyway, Walker is the kind of guy we need. I would love Afinogenov, but they provide different things-- Walker grit, jam, and depth-- Afinogenov speed and depth.

But yeah, I'd jump on Walker for a 7th for this team.

Poni. Skoula makes almost no money and the Leafs sent him on right away.

You obviously seem to think that ANY trade is better than NO trade. We don't need another veteran with a bit of grit.. who would Walker bump on this team? Miller, Eaves? Draper? Helm? No. Just no.

Afinogenov would help us but his value is HIGH right now. A combination of Ledba/Meech+draft pick won't get him.

LAST UPDATED (3-3-2010, 2:05 PM ET)

March 3, 2010

Calgary Acquires: (G) Vesa Toskala

Anaheim Acquires: (G) Curtis McElhinney

Are you watching Tradecentre? Like did I just beat you to posting the trade, or are you using what we say in here for your updates?

Basically what I'm asking is if I should stop reporting whatever they say, even though it obviously makes me cool that I was the first one to post the most recent trade in here :lol:

Poni. Skoula makes almost no money and the Leafs sent him on right away.

You obviously seem to think that ANY trade is better than NO trade. We don't need another veteran with a bit of grit.. who would Walker bump on this team? Miller, Eaves? Draper? Helm? No. Just no.

Afinogenov would help us but his value is HIGH right now. A combination of Ledba/Meech+draft pick won't get him.

Maltby. On the forward lines, that is.

Ponikarovsky was not a salary dump, he had some value.

Are you watching Tradecentre? Like did I just beat you to posting the trade, or are you using what we say in here for your updates?

Basically what I'm asking is if I should stop reporting whatever they say, even though it obviously makes me cool that I was the first one to post the most recent trade in here :lol:

Yeah, I'm watching TradeCentre. You're welcome to post trades before me, especially if they're from other sources that report a trade/transaction before TradeCentre does. Either way...it doesn't matter. I'll eventually get them all up.

Yeah, I'm watching TradeCentre. You're welcome to post trades before me, especially if they're from other sources that report a trade/transaction before TradeCentre does. Either way...it doesn't matter. I'll eventually get them all up.

OK, I'll only post if I get from another source then. Don't want you to have to sift through a bunch of nonsense and repeats, sorry.

Maltby is on LTIR and they don't expect him back this year, and now that holmer and franzen are back he would have been our 13th forward... not exactly a huge upgrade.

OK, I'll only post if I get from another source then. Don't want you to have to sift through a bunch of nonsense and repeats, sorry.

It'll also helps that I show the last transaction time so people realize what's already been reported.

Sidenote: Remember how cool it was to start the GDT 5 years ago? :lol:

Maltby's already been bumped ... by his shoulder. Bottom line, we have different needs this year compared to years past. In the past we've had ample offense and defense, our need has been depth and grit. This year, it's practically the opposite. We have depth ... 8 defensemen with NHL experience, Abs and May waiting in GR until the season ends, plus whoever else we pull from there. What we need is scoring, and I don't see a lot of that out there. Other than Kovie, what goal-scorer has been moved who would jump in and help us?

Guest Crymson
Anyone remember when we called up Jiri Fischer as our deadline move? Good ole' Kenny.

No, I don't remember that. I believe you're thinking of Jiri Slegr, and we won the Cup that year.

Edited by Crymson

Maltby is on LTIR and they don't expect him back this year, and now that holmer and franzen are back he would have been our 13th forward... not exactly a huge upgrade.

Maybe I'm not saying this correctly-- Walker would be a great depth player. He may not play every game, but it pays to have guys like him to plug in--in the case of injuries.

Guest Crymson
Im kinda mad the Pens got a 60+ point scorer for basically nothing.

He's a 40-50 point scorer, and the Pens gave up the top prospect in their system.

No, I don't remember that. I believe you're thinking of Jiri Slegr, and we won the Cup that year.

Not quite. Slegr was 2002. The Fischer call-up was 2001, if I remember correctly.

You're right about the Slegr pickup in 2002, but really-- did they need much that year?

Is there any comparison between that year and this one? That year, they were destined for the President's trophy....and Holland still went out and got a depth defenseman. (Who only played 1 playoff game when Fish was suspended).

This year? Struggling to make the playoffs and standing pat. Nice.

It'll also helps that I show the last transaction time so people realize what's already been reported.

Sidenote: Remember how cool it was to start the GDT 5 years ago? :lol:

Hahaha, I sure do. I don't believe I ever did, but I know I wanted to :lol:

Sidenote: I love how every single sportscaster stands sideways next to Pierre so he can't invade thier personal space any more than he already has. Even with that, he still stands perpendicular to the other sportscasters when they're standing next to one another just to be "creepily" close. WTF Pierre?