#201 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 11:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or two years before you joined.

I am not entitled to be passionate about my team?

Right. Read my post see "showed up again". In any event, I've been posting regularly on these forums since late 2006 and I hadn't ever seen you until a few months ago.

Being passionate? Go for it. Being totally spoiled and acting like like a child who has been shortchanged of something he's entitled to? I'd say that's bad. Being sure that you know what's best for the team? I'd say that's bad, too. Being sure that you know 'how things work' and what's going on in the world of NHL general managers today and in general? I think that's a pretty bad thing, also.

I'll content myself with being grateful that Holland and other GMs don't pay any heed to people like yourself---and that Holland isn't anything like you in method, as we'd surely end up with a terrible organization if he were.

#202 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 01:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and the frustration inherent in that thinking stems from the misbegotten impression that other teams will want our garbage. Would Atlanta trade a 20-goal scorer for a 7th-8th defenseman? No. If people expect that sort of trade, they'll always be disappointed.

are you Holland or something, because you act as if you have some inside knowledge you don't know s*** just like the rest of us. Quit with your smug little attitude, this is a trade deadline decision thread and you come in here and wonder why people are discussing the lack of trades from Detroit (at team that is fighting for a playoff spot) go take your little hockey superiority complex somewhere else.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#203 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

In all honesty, Holland just traded a 28 year old for a 23 year old.

That is a good trade anyway you look at it when neither player is a true NHL player.

I would like to point out that we actually used Newburry for a couple of games this year, perhaps this means that a deal is on a way to reinforce the depth at forward.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#204 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (henrik40 @ March 3, 2010 - 01:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he was saying you disappeared for a while then came back. Read the post first. There's a difference between passionate and unrealistically crazy. Just because Holland made a minor league deal doesn't mean he's not working on trading a Lebda or Meech.

Good point, I missed the part about re-appearing. Ah well.

I don't think it's unrealistic to want him to add a guy like Scott Walker or Max Afinogenov, especially considering we have (I believe) all of our picks in the next two drafts.

#205 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 02:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or two years before you joined.

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 01:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, yeah, he is. Since showing up again a couple of months ago, he has done nothing but complain. It's as if he feels he's being deprived of something he's entitled to.

Way to convieniently leave out the word that refutes your comment. laugh.gif

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#206 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ March 3, 2010 - 11:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you Holland or something, because you act as if you have some inside knowledge you don't know s*** just like the rest of us. Quit with your smug little attitude, this is a trade deadline decision thread and you come in here and wonder why people are discussing the lack of trades from Detroit (at team that is fighting for a playoff spot) go take your little hockey superiority complex somewhere else.

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 11:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait guys! The great and mighty Crymson knows something we don't!

Surely, sir, you will tell us what you know so that we can be as wise as you!

There's something about this point that both of you really, really aren't understanding. I don't know the facts of what's going on today. You don't know them either. My point is that none of us know them.

That said, carry on with your panic.

Edited by Crymson, 03 March 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#207 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 01:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe no one WANTS them? Every think of that? Maybe that's too logical.

have you seen some of the trades, you really don't think we could get ANYTHING for Lebda or Williams? NOTHING, now that's not logical. If you said we may not want what they are offering you have a case, but to think we couldn't get ANYTHING for Lebda or a combo of Lebda/Meech/Big Rig/Janik/Delmore/Williams then you are missing simple logic.

#208 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 01:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right. Read my post see "showed up again". In any event, I've been posting regularly on these forums since late 2006 and I hadn't ever seen you until a few months ago.

Being passionate? Go for it. Being totally spoiled and acting like like a child who has been shortchanged of something he's entitled to? I'd say that's bad. Being sure that you know what's best for the team? I'd say that's bad, too. Being sure that you know 'how things work' and what's going on in the world of NHL general managers today and in general? I think that's a pretty bad thing, also.

I'll content myself with being grateful that Holland and other GMs don't pay any heed to people like yourself---and that Holland isn't anything like you in method, as we'd surely end up with a terrible organization if he were.

I disagree with your assessment of what is passion vs. what is entitlement. If I disagree with you, I'm acting like a brat? Nah. I just don't buy into the party line that this team is good to go.

#209 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 02:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point, I missed the part about re-appearing. Ah well.

I don't think it's unrealistic to want him to add a guy like Scott Walker or Max Afinogenov, especially considering we have (I believe) all of our picks in the next two drafts.

I'm kind of indifferent on walker but think Afinegenov would be a good pick up if the price is right.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#210 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Is Newbury really that hard a name to spell right?

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#211 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Frozen-Man @ March 3, 2010 - 01:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way to convieniently leave out the word that refutes your comment. laugh.gif

This is the 2nd post where I am acknowledging that I missed that word in the first go round.

You can go back to looking for times to jump in. smile.gif

#212 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 01:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have $38k in cap space. Afinogenov's hit is $800k.

Who do you trade?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#213 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 01:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who do you trade?

Heh heh.....do you want me to answer that? smile.gif

#214 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

From what I've understood, Afinogenov's cap hit would only be around $175,000. So as long as Lebda+someone else's cap hit is equal or greater, we would be fine.

Edited by henrik40, 03 March 2010 - 01:13 PM.

#215 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 02:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who do you trade?

It doesn't matter just as long as there is a trade so that posters on this forum don't get bored. hehe.gif

#216 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 10:11AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who do you trade?

Actually we have more than 2 mil in cap space with Maltby done for the season. At least according to NHL numbers smile.gif.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#217 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 01:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's something about this point that both of you really, really aren't understanding. I don't know the facts of what's going on today. You don't know them either. My point is that none of us know them.

You are right we don't but you act like we shouldn't be upset with the lack of doing ANYTHING. When this team hasn't proved s*** this year, quit living in the past. If Holland holds true to the words of doing nothing then he has been half assing his job for 2 years now (regardless of getting to the finals) Loses Quincey for nothing (may lose Lebda the same way if nothing is done) Losses Sammy/Hudler/Hossa/Kopecky for nothing and replace them with LEINO (huge disappointment) Big Rig (huge disappointment), Bert (great), Williams (was injuried but mostly worthless when not). If nothing is done to this club I think we have every right to be pissed about lack of movement. I understand he said this maybe a low year, but wtf don't just call it in, if that's the case he is telling us we shouldn't bother watching or going to games because they don't give a f*** so we shouldn't either.

Edited by ben_usmc, 03 March 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#218 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Brunnstrom is available!!!

GO GET HIM!!! hehe.gif
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#219 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (uk_redwing @ March 3, 2010 - 12:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Newbury really that hard a name to spell right?

Do you realize how fast I'm trying to update this thread? Relax.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#220 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (henrik40 @ March 3, 2010 - 01:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I've understood, Afinogenov's cap hit would only be around $175,000. So as long as Lebda+someone else's cap hit is equal or greater, we would be fine.

thumbup.gif

Even salary for salary, Afinogenov=$800,000; Lebda $650,000--you get a deal like Pittsburgh made:

To ATL: Lebda, Meech, 2nd Round Pick, Prospect
To DET: Afinogenov, 6th Round Pick

We did just get Lilja back. Our depth d-man is Tollefsen. You sill have Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Lilja as your regulars and use Tollefsen if necessary.

I can do it. Can Holland?