• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2010 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - March 3rd, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
Not quite. Slegr was 2002. The Fischer call-up was 2001, if I remember correctly.

You're right about the Slegr pickup in 2002, but really-- did they need much that year?

Is there any comparison between that year and this one? That year, they were destined for the President's trophy....and Holland still went out and got a depth defenseman. (Who only played 1 playoff game when Fish was suspended).

This year? Struggling to make the playoffs and standing pat. Nice.

God damn, you're nitpicking. Has your goal evolved into trying to convince people that Holland is a bad GM?

Oh, and is there any comparison between that year and this one? No, not really, because in that year there was no salary cap and Holland had the ability and the clearance to go out and get three future hall-of-famers.

Anyway, your argument has evolved from borderline to outright stupid, so enough of this. Enjoy whining like a child.

Edited by Crymson

God damn, you're nitpicking. Has your goal evolved into trying to convince people that Holland is a bad GM?

I just made a valid point about how Holland is letting them slip this year. That's not nitpicking.

He's not a bad GM. He's middle-of-the-pack.

Not quite. Slegr was 2002. The Fischer call-up was 2001, if I remember correctly.

You're right about the Slegr pickup in 2002, but really-- did they need much that year?

Is there any comparison between that year and this one? That year, they were destined for the President's trophy....and Holland still went out and got a depth defenseman. (Who only played 1 playoff game when Fish was suspended).

This year? Struggling to make the playoffs and standing pat. Nice.

The difference between a no-cap & capped league. Plus back then, the Wings would more easily part with draft picks since money could help cover for a lack of depth/development in the farm system. Apples to oranges.

I just made a valid point about how Holland is letting them slip this year. That's not nitpicking.

He's not a bad GM. He's middle-of-the-pack.

Please - name 15 better GM's in the league right now.

The Red Wings don't need another 3rd/4th line forward. They need a pure goal scorer and there aren't many of those floating around and secondly the Red Wings don't have the resources to add one.

What wasn't clear when Holland said "this is our team"?

I'm going to guess that alot of Yotes fans are pissed to see Mueller go...but seriously, hes pitiful for a 8th overall pick...obviously hes not working with Dave Tippett's system. Kind of a shame. Wolski should add some needed scoring for the playoffs, though.

Please - name 15 better GM's in the league right now.

The Red Wings don't need another 3rd/4th line forward. They need a pure goal scorer and there aren't many of those floating around and secondly the Red Wings don't have the resources to add one.

What wasn't clear when Holland said "this is our team"?

I don't know that he'd be 16th, but I'll try to name 10 for you.

Brian Burke, Mike Gillis, George McPhee, Ray Shero, Brian Murray (recently), Darcy Regier (on a limited budget, that team is always competitive), Dave Poile (same as Regier), Lou Lamorello, Sutter (Flames GM).

Ah well, there are 9 that I feel are better for different reasons. I'd rank him #10.

im glad holland is staying put. altho it would've been interesting to see Kozlov with the Wings again. im overall happy and want this group to focus on playing better the last 1/5 of the season and getting into the playoffs.

I don't know that he'd be 16th, but I'll try to name 10 for you.

Brian Burke, Mike Gillis, George McPhee, Ray Shero, Brian Murray (recently), Darcy Regier (on a limited budget, that team is always competitive), Dave Poile (same as Regier), Lou Lamorello, Sutter (Flames GM).

Ah well, there are 9 that I feel are better for different reasons. I'd rank him #10.

Sutter?

Wow.

Sutter?

Wow.

You don't think so? I can't believe that he's got Regehr locked up for such a small cap hit. I guess it's a debateable one, in terms of where to put him, but I think he makes bold moves to make his team better.

Guest Crymson
LAST UPDATED (3-3-2010, 2:39 PM ET)

March 3, 2010

Atlanta Acquires: (F) Clarke MacArthur

Buffalo Acquires: TBD

I'm told it's a 3rd and a 4th. I can only assume that this is Buffalo clearing cap space.

You don't think so? I can't believe that he's got Regehr locked up for such a small cap hit. I guess it's a debateable one, in terms of where to put him, but I think he makes bold moves to make his team better.

I think you and I have a different definition of making a team better.

Holland makes smart moves, he's not perfect but there is a reason he is so highly regarded.

Remember getting Stuart? and what happened that year?

I think you and I have a different definition of making a team better.

Holland makes smart moves, he's not perfect but there is a reason he is so highly regarded.

Remember getting Stuart? and what happened that year?

Yes. I am not taking away from Holland on that one.

However, when was the last time he took a 2nd round pick and traded it for a goalie who turned into a superstar? I give Sutter credit for things like that.