391 replies to this topic

#141 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ March 3, 2010 - 12:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha, it's blasphemy for some on here to question any decision holland/babcock/ or ozzie make. We may have to go down as martyrs for such thoughts.

To some, you can't be a fan of the Red Wings and question the braintrust. Sometimes I have to trust that Holland has a brain.

Ba-dum-pish.

#142 BigTex

BigTex

Texan Wing Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

I'd be fine if we just traded Ledba for futures or picks. He's a healthy scratch now and doesn't play into the current plans at all. In case of injury we've got plenty of depth at D in the system. there's nothing wrong with making the organization stronger in the long term, that's how the Wings have been so good for so long. It would be better to do that than to lose him for nothing.
NOBODY ON THE RED WINGS IS LAZY, NOR DO ANY OF THE WINGS PLAYERS SUCK!!!

(this includes the coaching staff, ownership, scouting department, and JLA employees and their families)

#143 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ March 3, 2010 - 10:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you think we should lose Lebda for nothing this summer then? You think we can actually contend for the SC with this roster? Get off Hollands nuts and realize he's human and will make mistakes.

Do you think anyone actually wants Lebda? He's a defenseman who is below-average in both the offensive and defensive zones and has no physical upside, and he's always a candidate to be a healthy scratch if all defensemen are healthy.

It has always been odd to me that the same people who consistently talk about Lebda being terrible also who think that some others teams will want him.

Yes, I think we can contend with this roster.

#144 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:27 PM

Scott Walker to WSH
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#145 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 12:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think anyone actually wants Lebda? He's a defenseman who is below-average in both the offensive and defensive zones and has no physical upside, and he's always a candidate to be a healthy scratch if all defensemen are healthy.

It has always been odd to me that the same people who consistently talk about Lebda being terrible also who think that some others teams will want him.

People who follow a team tend to see the bad moreso than the good. Every player that gets dealt has people who hate him. Lebda is better than some things other teams have. For instance, veneral disease. He is much better than VD.

#146 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

Walker for a 7th! Thank GOD we have Kenny hanging on to those 7th round picks to rebuild this team! YESSSSSSSS!

#147 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 12:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you don't even think we could get a 5th for Lebda you are crazy, for one he has more playoff experience then a lot of players. Second do you think teams never trade for bottom pairing defenseman or something, is it go big or go home with every trade. You're wrong if you don't think we could get anything for Lebda.

Edited by ben_usmc, 03 March 2010 - 12:35 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#148 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 12:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People who follow a team tend to see the bad moreso than the good. Every player that gets dealt has people who hate him. Lebda is better than some things other teams have. For instance, veneral disease. He is much better than VD.

Eh, I don't know. That all depends on how you contracted the VD in the first place.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#149 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ March 3, 2010 - 12:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Walker for a 7th! Thank GOD we have Kenny hanging on to those 7th round picks to rebuild this team! YESSSSSSSS!

couldn't have happened according to cymson the only trades that can be made are for Hossa or top six type players. Never depth......

#150 BigTex

BigTex

Texan Wing Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 3, 2010 - 01:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the mistake in some arguements made here is that trading Lebda would bolster our roster. You wouldn't get anyone worth putting in our top 6 forwards unless he was paired up with a nice pick. I don't think anyone would want to lose a pick that high for a rental.

Being realistic you could probably get a 6th or 7th round pick for Ledba, which might equal something worthwhile if you pair it with another pick to trade up.

90% of how the Wings do this spring will rely on how J-Ho responds to his first playoff action. I really don't think adding any players would make a difference one way or another. The Wings success will hinge on his play. So for me, the trade deadline really isn't something worth tracking from a Wings perspective. I'm more looking at it as a hockey fan more than as a Wings fan.
NOBODY ON THE RED WINGS IS LAZY, NOR DO ANY OF THE WINGS PLAYERS SUCK!!!

(this includes the coaching staff, ownership, scouting department, and JLA employees and their families)

#151 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

LAST UPDATED (3-3-2010, 12:37 PM ET)

March 3, 2010
Washington Acquires: (F) Scott Walker
Carolina Acquires: 7th-Round Pick
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#152 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Canucks acquire Yan Stastny from Blues. Also, TSN is saying that Wolski to PHX is close.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#153 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

You guys are crazy if you don't think we could get anything for Lebda. Skoula has worst stats then him, and look what the Penguins pulled off.

Are we seriously gonna go down the stretch with Lebda/Ericsson/Meech fighting for that last spot with Meech possibly playing forward?

Ugh

Edited by ShanahanMan, 03 March 2010 - 12:42 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#154 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

LAST UPDATED (3-3-2010, 12:42 PM ET)

March 3, 2010
Colorado Acquires: (F) Peter Mueller, (F) Kevin Porter
Phoenix Acquires: (F) Wojtek Wolski

Vancouver Acquires: (F) Yan Stastny
St. Louis Acquires: (F) Pierre-Cedric Labrie

#155 b-random

b-random

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ March 3, 2010 - 12:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
COL Acquires: P. Mueller
PHX Acquires: W. Wolski

Avs also get Kevin Porter

#156 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

good trade for phoenix!

#157 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (ShanahanMan @ March 3, 2010 - 12:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys are crazy if you don't think we could get anything for Lebda. Skoula has worst stats then him, and look what the Penguins pulled off.

Are we seriously gonna go down the stretch with Lebda/Ericsson/Meech fighting for that last spot with Meech possibly playing forward?

Ugh

If you are Ken Holland, yes. Trying to do anything else is too hard.

#158 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (ShanahanMan @ March 3, 2010 - 10:42AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummm.... are you serious?

For Toronto, that trade was entirely about Luca Caputi. Burke only accepted Skoula so that the Pens would have enough cap space to take Poni.

Edited by Crymson, 03 March 2010 - 12:47 PM.

#159 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ March 3, 2010 - 12:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LAST UPDATED (3-3-2010, 12:42 PM ET)

March 3, 2010
Colorado Acquires: P. Mueller, K. Porter
Phoenix Acquires: W. Wolski

Vancouver Acquires: (F) Yan Stastny
St. Louis Acquires: (F) Pierre-Cedric Labrie

are youf****** kidding me they got Mueller and Porter. f*** YOU HOLLAND

#160 hockeygods

hockeygods

TonySmith

• 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (BigTex @ March 3, 2010 - 12:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the mistake in some arguements made here is that trading Lebda would bolster our roster. You wouldn't get anyone worth putting in our top 6 forwards unless he was paired up with a nice pick. I don't think anyone would want to lose a pick that high for a rental.

Being realistic you could probably get a 6th or 7th round pick for Ledba, which might equal something worthwhile if you pair it with another pick to trade up.

90% of how the Wings do this spring will rely on how J-Ho responds to his first playoff action. I really don't think adding any players would make a difference one way or another. The Wings success will hinge on his play. So for me, the trade deadline really isn't something worth tracking from a Wings perspective. I'm more looking at it as a hockey fan more than as a Wings fan.

call me crazy but id be happey if we got rid of Lebda and Williams for a top 6 d man