• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

Olympic Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli
Are you kidding? The only reason the Koreans didn't sweep was because the 2nd and 3rd place guys took each other out. What looked like a 1,2,3 Korea finish going into the final turn ends up USA in 2 and 3. Pretty fortunate, but hey - thats the sport I guess...

was responding to US winning gold in mogul

Edited by Lidstromboli

Are you kidding? The only reason the Koreans didn't sweep was because the 2nd and 3rd place guys took each other out. What looked like a 1,2,3 Korea finish going into the final turn ends up USA in 2 and 3. Pretty fortunate, but hey - thats the sport I guess...

Might wanna try to read the post I was replying to. I was referring to the GOLD winning mogul run where we out dueled the canadians.

As for Ohno. The reason the Koreans took each other out was because they were trying to bunch themselves together to keep anyone from passing them. Which resulted in the wipeout. Serves them right seeing as ganging up together is against the rules. U-S-A BABY!!!!

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Women's hockey is a joke.

I agree.

Too many soft Euros and not enough competition.

It's like they invited all these countries to play (get creamed) just so Canada could make their Gold Medal look more legitimate.

NOBODY CARES about women's hockey outside of Canada. :!:

Edited by GMRwings1983

I dont really care much for the guy, but Bob McCown has a book ... "100 greatest Hockey arguments" and if any of you want to read about Womens Hockey, the chapter is only 2 pages long and it is incredible. He makes a very solid, strong point as to why Womens hockey should NOT be an Olympic sport. While obviously I like to see equality in sports etc. ... his points are solid and hard to argue against.

It's been said that this is will be the greatest olympic hockey tournament so far. There are two major reasons for that.

First, the olympics are held in Canada, the country of ice-hockey.

Second, this is the last olympic tournament for all the 90's great players, while today's best players are at the top of their game. Almost every country has that big star of the future and past. Crosby and Brodeur for Canada, Ovechkin and Fedorov for Russia, Kane and Langenbrunner for USA, Lidstrom and Backstrom for Sweden, Krejci and Jagr for Czech Republic, Halak and Demitra for Slovakia and Selanne and M.Koivu for Finland. This is great for the atmosphere and media attention.

I agree.

Too many soft Euros and not enough competition.

It's like they invited all these countries to play (get creamed) just so Canada could make their Gold Medal look more legitimate.

NOBODY CARES about women's hockey outside of Canada. :!:

USA has won the last two World Cups I believe and I don't see why they can't win the gold this year.

Plus, China isn't Euro, they're Australian.

USA has won the last two World Cups I believe and I don't see why they can't win the gold this year.

Plus, China isn't Euro, they're Australian.

O.K. so there's two good teams. Hoorah!!

When teams are getting destroyed by such lopsided scores, it makes the whole competition look rather anti-climactic. Women's hockey is just not that popular outside North America. These other teams look like they're lost out there.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Canada won their first oympic gold medal on home soil! YEAHHH ALEX BILODEAU!!

and as for hockey...Canda for gold in BOTH Womans AND Men!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

and china scored a goal in their game with the us..i wanna know how they did! :D