• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

Olympic Thread

Rate this topic

Any good streams from CTV? Can our canadian brothers and sisters help out? NBC is really giving us crappy coverage (worse than usual!)...I mean Vancouver is in the same time zone as the whole west coast, yet NBC is tape-delaying everything out here. Plus the big decision to not air the US/Canada men's hockey game. MORONS!

Any good streams from CTV? Can our canadian brothers and sisters help out? NBC is really giving us crappy coverage (worse than usual!)...I mean Vancouver is in the same time zone as the whole west coast, yet NBC is tape-delaying everything out here. Plus the big decision to not air the US/Canada men's hockey game. MORONS!

Typical NBC.

No wonder their channel is last amongst the major networks.

I wonder if the game will be on some cable channel or something?

Typical NBC.

I believe if you go to the NBC Olympics webpage they'll have live video of events. Right now they are showing the women's hockey between Sweden and the Swiss.

Typical NBC.

Russia/Czech, 12:00 PT (3:00 ET), NBC

Canada/USA, 5:00 PT (8:00 ET), MSNBC (WTF?)

Sweden/Finland, 7:00 PT (10:00 ET), MSNBC

What were they thinking? I know the league likes to promote Ovechkin almost as much as Crosby, but how can they possibly justify putting what could possibly be the highest-rated single event this Olympics on MSNBC?

That being said, supposedly nbcolympics.com is going to be streaming just about every mens Hockey game, which is lucky for me because I don't have cable, but this is ridiculous, NBC will be showing a grand total of 4 hockey games.

Edit: Just went to nbcolympics.com to check out the streaming quality of the Sweden/Swiss women's game, and apparently you can only watch their videos if you are a subscriber of a Telco partner of NBC Olympics. Looks like I'm going to have to rely on someone here for streams of the important hockey games.

Edited by McAwesome

Guest ZetterbergFourty

#1. Canada - obvious reasoning.

#2. USA - They have got to have a hardon to avenge Salt Lake City, they will come out in full force.

#3. Sweden - Go Team Red Wings!

#4. Russia - Sorry Pavel, better luck next time. Shoulda been a Swede :lol:

#5. Unknown - Fifth is weak.

#6. Doesnt matter.

Edit: Just went to nbcolympics.com to check out the streaming quality of the Sweden/Swiss women's game, and apparently you can only watch their videos if you are a subscriber of a Telco partner of NBC Olympics. Looks like I'm going to have to rely on someone here for streams of the important hockey games.

Yep, same here. This blows...they didn't do this for the 2008 Olympics :thumbdown: Also, I understand the Canada/US game won't be in HD because MSNBC doesn't have the equipment for it or something.... :blink:

CTV STREAM PLEASE!

Guest Lidstromboli

Ohno wins his 6th medal

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

Edited by Lidstromboli

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Ohno wins his 6th medal

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

Which color?

Guest Lidstromboli

Looked like Canada could win and then Hannah Kearney was like

Hannah_Kearney.jpg

Not so fast, Canucks.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I can't believe I forgot the Olys were on. Didn't even phase me when I posted about hockey that the other events were on. f***!

f*** yeah! Just seen that. That was an awesome run! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

Are you kidding? The only reason the Koreans didn't sweep was because the 2nd and 3rd place guys took each other out. What looked like a 1,2,3 Korea finish going into the final turn ends up USA in 2 and 3. Pretty fortunate, but hey - thats the sport I guess...