• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

MLB 2010 Season Thread

Rate this topic

The Rookies are really stepping it up! Boesch and Sizemore both get their first ML homers and Jackson goes 5-5 and leads the AL in hits. Starting to like this team a bit. Just need to whip the starters into shape and we might have a team this year!

I saw the video of this on TSN, but cannot find it on the internet; from The Globe and Mail :

God Bless: Usual Suspects’ appeal for fewer televised anthems drew a lot of comment last week. “When would be an appropriate time to show the anthem?” asked a few readers. Allow us to present Monday night at Yankee Stadium. In the middle of the seventh, Red Sox manager Terry Francona hustled out of the dugout to argue a call with umpire Angel Campos. Just as Francona got a good spray going in Campos’ face, the PA system broke out God Bless America.

Both Francona and Campos suddenly snapped to attention, stifling the debate. By the time the last chord of GBA echoed through Yankee Stadium, Francona had lost much of his vitriol. He retreated to the dugout. End of debate. Talk about sweet music.

Later, Dontrelle. Thanks a bunch for those two wins. If Dombrowski hadn't given out some of the worst deals ever to Willis, Robertson, and Bonderman then maybe the Tigers could have some real starting pitching depth right now after Verlander. Or someone, anyone that could hit in the bottom third of the order. Inge, Laird and Everett are three free outs and the Tigers defense sucks anyways so that hasn't even made up for it whatsoever.

I hope Dombrowski learned his lession about giving blank checks to garbage starting pitchers. The Tigers should be winning the division every season with their payroll and they are hamstrung by a bunch of scrubs who now aren't even on the team anymore.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Jim Joyce blew that call. Holy s***. That was the worst call in baseball history. The runner was out by a step and he called him safe. Total f*** job. An NHL ref could have made that call.

Jim Joyce is gonna be hung in effigy after that one. You'd wish they could overturn that, but even if they did Galarraga and the team don't get their on field celebration. But it's great to see Galarraga looking like his old self again.

That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the 16 years I've been watching professional baseball. Holy ******* s***. There's no way it'll be overturned, but hopefully this means the end of Joyce's career.

If I was Leyland, it would have taken the whole team to hold me back from punching that ******* in the face.