• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

MLB 2010 Season Thread

Rate this topic

My buddy jokingly said yesterday that, "if we sweep the Yanks we will be right back in it...". I laughed and went on my way. Almost there lol. I can't believe we are still playing so well all the way in to June this year. The bats are rollin'. I love it!

The Tigers are so average. That may even be a slightly generous description considering the competition in their division.

I can't wait until these lousy contracts come off the books and the Tigers can get a catcher, shortstop, and third baseman worth a damn.

got a chance to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat seats last night. pretty good deal, you get an A/C suite, bathroom, lots of food. Saw the guillen walk-off homer as well. it was a pretty cool night.

Well, Zumaya just destroyed his elbow. This guy is like Kronwall, just cursed with injuries. :ranting:

I blame Guitar Hero.

All joking aside, this sucks. I hate to be a negative nancy, but when everyone can hear a "pop" and then you see him scream in pain with his arm just shaking uncontrollably, I just don't see him coming back from this injury like he could with the other ones.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

I blame Guitar Hero.

All joking aside, this sucks. I hate to be a negative nancy, but when everyone can hear a "pop" and then you see him scream in pain with his arm just shaking uncontrollably, I just don't see him coming back from this injury like he could with the other ones.

He's reported to be out for the year (four months healing time), but there's no ligament damage, and doctors don't know if he'll even need surgery. He fractured the olecranon, which is a protrusion at the elbow. They're speculating he'll be back next year.

He's reported to be out for the year (four months healing time), but there's no ligament damage, and doctors don't know if he'll even need surgery. He fractured the olecranon, which is a protrusion at the elbow. They're speculating he'll be back next year.

We'll see. A pitcher's arm can only handle so many injuries, especially at the speed he pitches, and it just seems like it's at the point where they're coming more easier for him. If he can come back next year and still consistently pitch 99-100 then I will be very amazed, but I'm hoping something's done for him to avoid being prone to these injuries again, whether that's change his mechanics a little bit or just stop pitching him every day like Leyland likes to do.

We'll see. A pitcher's arm can only handle so many injuries, especially at the speed he pitches, and it just seems like it's at the point where they're coming more easier for him. If he can come back next year and still consistently pitch 99-100 then I will be very amazed, but I'm hoping something's done for him to avoid being prone to these injuries again, whether that's change his mechanics a little bit or just stop pitching him every day like Leyland likes to do.

Well a couple days ago he got surgery and they said he should be back by spring training...hopefully I eat my words and he'll be healthy by then.

Well, 8-1 loss. Not the best game to have gone to.

Ha. Don't feel too down, my buddy came up from New York and went to the Tigers game when Gallarraga was robbed of his perfect game.

Huge series this weekend for the Tigers. Hopefully JV gets it started well tonight.

That being said, everyone else is playing for second if/when the Yankees get Cliff Lee. They absolutely will have just bought their repeat with Lee added to that starting rotation.