• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

MLB 2010 Season Thread

Rate this topic

We need Maggs back as the DH or Cabrera will never see a strike next season.

Also, I hate the left side of the infield if Dombrowski brings both Inge and Peralta back. One is fine, both is stupid. It's time to cut ties with Inge. Great guy, teammate, and loves the Tigers but let's be realistic about what he truly brings to the team. Solid defense, he never hits above .250 and he strikes out six million times. I ended up liking Peralta way more than expected, but he doesn't play defense well enough to start at shortstop everyday. He's only 29 though and definitely has more upside swinging the bat than Inge so I really prefer Peralta at third.

Hopefully Jim finally realizes that Ryan Raburn is indeed valuable if he starts frequently. I think he more than earned one of the outfield corner spots next season. So glad Laird is gone; Avila started hitting more down the stretch so hopefully he can add something offensively. I like the rotation fairly well, although Porcello and Galarraga worry me after JV and Scherzer.

The Tigers finished exactly where they deserved this season. Not thrilled with the result after being in first at the break, but .500 isn't too far off the mark considering the circumstances and injuries. Cabrera has to be the MVP. Look at the guys the Tigers batted third and fifth when Maggs and Guillen got hurt and Cabrera never missed a beat.

This will be an interesting off-season for the Tigers. Dombrowski really can't afford to mess this one up.

So who do you guys think will win it all? My money's on Philly. I don't think anyone's going to put runs up against them when they have to face Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels. I haven't seen a starting three of their calibre since Maddux-Glavine-Smoltz.

I actually think Lincecum-Cain-Sanchez is pretty damn close to what the Phillies have. Only difference being the Giants starting pitchers have no margin for error with the offense they have supporting them. The Phillies most certainly do.

Definitely want Giants/Rangers in the World Series. I wonder if Cliff Lee could pitch every game against the Yankees. That might be their only prayer sadly.

I actually think Lincecum-Cain-Sanchez is pretty damn close to what the Phillies have. Only difference being the Giants starting pitchers have no margin for error with the offense they have supporting them. The Phillies most certainly do.

Definitely want Giants/Rangers in the World Series. I wonder if Cliff Lee could pitch every game against the Yankees. That might be their only prayer sadly.

That's the thing, they have terrible defense and no offense. Even if Lincecum pitches the way he did against the Braves, who have no offense themselves, I doubt Cain and Sanchez follow up. It'll be interesting though to see how well they perform, because I'd like to see them make the world series. They're a likable team.

But with that Phillies offense, I can't see SF getting anything going offensively against the Phillies big 3 to keep it close.

And outside of Cliff Lee getting 2 wins, which I believe he'll do, I can't see Wilson or anyone else doing much else against the Yankees. With that said, the only pitchers on the Yankees I'd trust would be Pettite, he always seems to get it done in the playoffs. I'd like Sabathia usually, but I believe he's going up against Lee, and I don't think he'll be able to win those matchups.

So right there could be 2-2 series tie, so I think the Rangers do have a chance (hopefully). It'll be interesting to see who's offense will perform better.

Either way, I think the Phillies are unstoppable.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Four years ago today: October 14, 2006. Probably the best baseball moment in younger Tigers' fans lives. I know it definitely was for me. All the years of misery were gone with one swing from Maggs. Too bad the Tigers couldn't finish it off in the World Series. Very special team, hope we get back there soon.

Four years ago today: October 14, 2006. Probably the best baseball moment in younger Tigers' fans lives. I know it definitely was for me. All the years of misery were gone with one swing from Maggs. Too bad the Tigers couldn't finish it off in the World Series. Very special team, hope we get back there soon.

I hope so too. At least we can beat the Yankees, unlike the Twins... <_<

Unbelievable. That Rangers/Yankees game was the definition of a choke job. I was wrong on the Lee vs Sabathia matchup, but Wilson did a fine job, and that's exactly what Texas needed except the relievers forgot to do their job and blew it in the last couple innings. They win this game, I think they win the series because I don't know if they can get another 5 runs against Sabathia again.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wow what happened to the yankees?

totally blown out at home

the only plus side from this game was hearing Gary Thorne's voice...

i miss him doing hockey play by play :(:(

I keep thinking the Giants lack of offense will catch up to them and it just hasn't happened yet. They find ways to win games and their pitching is superb. I know MLB really hates it, but I am very excited about this World Series. I love it when teams like the Rangers and Giants get there instead of the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox. It's like justice that money can't buy championships every season.

I could see either team winning in a long series, but I'm going to keep riding the Giants pitching and their ability to ink out enough offense. If the Giants beat Lee in Game 1 (easier said than done), I like the rest of the Giants rotation more than Lewis, Wilson and Hunter.

I keep thinking the Giants lack of offense will catch up to them and it just hasn't happened yet. They find ways to win games and their pitching is superb. I know MLB really hates it, but I am very excited about this World Series. I love it when teams like the Rangers and Giants get there instead of the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox. It's like justice that money can't buy championships every season.

I could see either team winning in a long series, but I'm going to keep riding the Giants pitching and their ability to ink out enough offense. If the Giants beat Lee in Game 1 (easier said than done), I like the rest of the Giants rotation more than Lewis, Wilson and Hunter.

I kept thinking that too. I don't know much about teams from the NL, but apparently the Giants have very good bullpen pitching too. I mean I knew about Brian Wilson but that's about it.

But I wonder how they'll hold up against the Rangers offense. Ron Washington did a lot of aggressive base-running against the Yankees and it really paid off. Not that he needed to since I doubt he realized the Yankees pitching and lack of offense was going to be horrible. I look to see him doing the same thing against the Giants to generate runs.

This series could go either way, but I just can't see the Giants winning. I couldn't see them beating the Phillies either, but then again that was a horrible offensive showing the Phillies had. Terrible at-bats mainly, especially by Howard, but that's not surprising since he strikes out all the time. I just have to believe that for how the Rangers offense is going and the Giants inability to generate runs, since they left a crapload of people stranded on base so far, I just have to go with my head and say the Rangers take this. With that said, the Giants keep proving people wrong.

Either way, I think the Phillies are unstoppable.

That's what I thought too, but I guess we were all proven wrong (closet Phils fan here *whistles innocently*)

Giants were the dark horse this playoff season and they pulled it off. Congrats to them on their victory.

The way I look at it, at least the Phils lost to the champs.

Well, the Tigers signed reliever Joaquin Benoit today. Nice addition to the bullpen, although I hope he wasn't a one-year sensation with the Rays. The Tigers pen looks pretty strong going into next season with Valverde, Benoit, Perry, hopefully a healthy Zumaya and possibly Schlereth.

Still holding out major hope for Crawford. If not, definitely want Victor Martinez over Adam Dunn. I wasn't crazy at all about bringing both Inge and Peralta back to start the off-season, but I like the Benoit move and will be interested to see which "big bat" Dombrowski is able to pull off.